Homeless in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reasons for homelessness are substance abuse and mental illness. While there is not sufficient "affordable housing" in many places, the solution is not to degrade neighborhoods, but to relocate the "homeless" to locales where reasonable cost housing is available. The main reason why homelessness is persistent is because there is an army of people who are making money off the "homeless crisis." They make millions in government grants and consulting fees, and work for NGO's, advocacy groups. Look at the billions of dollars that are spent in California to "fight homelessness." Where does that money go? Certainly not to the homeless people themselves; if it did, they could afford nice apartments. Seriously, do the math. If homelessness went away, their "advocates" would have to go out and get a fucking job. Nobody wants that.

You do make a good point about degrading neighborhoods. You certainly don't want to plant any non-whites in White neighborhoods. That would cause property values to drop. And in the process known as "voting with your feet," cause many Whites to move away. As for NGO's, I don't think it is that big of a stumbling block. It is only when what the government does effects business that it seems to care. Also, things shouldn't be a NGO. They should be GO's. Or government agencies. As FDR spoke about in the video in post 10.

You should read my thread "Human Pollution." Though human caused global warming will probably cause most of the life on this planet to go extinct. Before that happens, you should expect plenty of meanness.
I've read your threads. I don't know how old you are but it's all naive and utterly lacking in wisdom. You also don't want to hear any argument that might lead to a better understanding of the human race. I used to think I had everything figured out like you but then I grew out of my teens and met a multitude of other people with a better handle on things than I ever did. That's wisdom. Get you some.

You do make a good point about degrading neighborhoods. You certainly don't want to plant any non-whites in White neighborhoods. That would cause property values to drop. And in the process known as "voting with your feet," cause many Whites to move away. As for NGO's, I don't think it is that big of a stumbling block. It is only when what the government does effects business that it seems to care. Also, things shouldn't be a NGO. They should be GO's. Or government agencies. As FDR spoke about in the video in post 10.

You do make a good point about degrading neighborhoods. You certainly don't want to plant any non-whites in White neighborhoods.

Or any homeless troublemakers into a nice neighborhood.

Here's an interesting fact. In the U.S., there are around 582,000 homeless people in the U.S. But there are more than 25 vacant homes in the U.S. for every homeless person here.

Can you provide a link to support the claim of 14.5 million vacant homes?

Fascist solutions to social problems just create dozens of more problems. You also have to throw the constitution in the trash. That's not really a problem for hateful little slugs like you.
The Constitution has no applicability to the current day nor anything to offer the people.

John Adam's said that the Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. We are neither.

I used to be a homeless bum. And I'm intellectually superior to anybody here. Some may be more educated. But it isn't so much how much you know. It's the quality of what you do know. And I wasn't homeless because I chose to be. There just wasn't shit for work at the time. Things are different these days. But I can't see having plenty of McJobs out there as being much of a solution. I heard once that to live an average middle class lifestyle in California, you had to make $50.00 dollars an hour. Who makes that kind of money. I think FDR got this right at least.

I was homeless as a child. My parents and I spent years on the street, long before welfare made it comfortable. We were homeless because that was a preference. It was my parent's opinion of freedom.

There are plenty of homeless that feel the same way today.

Here's an interesting fact. In the U.S., there are around 582,000 homeless people in the U.S. But there are more than 25 vacant homes in the U.S. for every homeless person here.

I'm not sure that's the point.
People aren't homeless because there aren't enough homes, they're homeless for other reasons, mostly because politicians can't be bothered to sort out other issues like mental health, the boom and bust economy and the like that lead people to be homeless.

Greed. You also might find post 10 interesting.
Then you might want to take a page out of the old school playbook and be a nomad. Go where the jobs are and where the cost of living is lower.
We used to do that as a society. However, that doesn't really solve the long term problem of affordable housing.

I've read your threads. I don't know how old you are but it's all naive and utterly lacking in wisdom. You also don't want to hear any argument that might lead to a better understanding of the human race. I used to think I had everything figured out like you but then I grew out of my teens and met a multitude of other people with a better handle on things than I ever did. That's wisdom. Get you some.

You're delusional.

You do make a good point about degrading neighborhoods. You certainly don't want to plant any non-whites in White neighborhoods.

Or any homeless troublemakers into a nice neighborhood.

Just because somebody is homeless doesn't mean that they're troublemakers. And when you treat people better, they will probably behave better. Take productivity as an example. I heard that in France they cut the work week to 4 days. The productivity of workers increased by 40%.

I was homeless as a child. My parents and I spent years on the street, long before welfare made it comfortable. We were homeless because that was a preference. It was my parent's opinion of freedom.

There are plenty of homeless that feel the same way today.

I can't believe anybody could be that stupid, or insane. No sane person would choose being homeless over having a place to live.

I'm not sure that's the point.
People aren't homeless because there aren't enough homes, they're homeless for other reasons, mostly because politicians can't be bothered to sort out other issues like mental health, the boom and bust economy and the like that lead people to be homeless.

Maybe politicians can't be bothered with doing something about it. But they should. It's their job.

I can't believe anybody could be that stupid, or insane. No sane person would choose being homeless over having a place to live.
Plenty of people do. Many of the homeless refuse efforts to put a roof over their heads. My parents thought paying rent was for suckers. No one told them what to do. Free as the wind.

Then you might want to take a page out of the old school playbook and be a nomad. Go where the jobs are and where the cost of living is lower.
We used to do that as a society. However, that doesn't really solve the long term problem of affordable housing.

You are wrong. People need to be able to get by where they are born. As for affordable housing, all the government needs to do is build affordable housing. You know, at one point the Egyptians built pyramids. The Chinese built a great wall. Etc. etc. etc. As a society, building affordable housing for people would be next to nothing compared to those social achievements. The problem is that we live in a capitalist society. And if you have money, you are automatically right. But in reality that approach doesn't pan out.

I just gave you the best advice a young man can get. If you are old it's tragic to have wasted your life and still be so foolish.

Intellectually, you are a worm to me. If I said anything that you think is wrong, anywhere, just tell me what it is and why. I can fix that quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back