Homeless in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensional

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2023
Here's an interesting fact. In the U.S., there are around 582,000 homeless people in the U.S. But there are more than 25 vacant homes in the U.S. for every homeless person here.

How about the government buy them and let a homeless person move in.
Translation for the low IQ big govt collectivists- have the rest of us buy them all houses to trash.

Govt can't give anything to anyone without taking it from someone else first.

People are homeless for a variety of reasons. There are no easy fixes. The ones who are drug addicted or mentally disturbed have different needs than someone who just had a run of bad luck. Many houses lie vacant for a variety of reasons as well. Some are too run down to easily restore to habitability. Some are in areas that are economically depressed. Some are stupid Mcmansions in abandoned half-built sub divisions that are too costly to maintain.

So? What kind of rent would a home owner make on a bum?

I used to be a homeless bum. And I'm intellectually superior to anybody here. Some may be more educated. But it isn't so much how much you know. It's the quality of what you do know. And I wasn't homeless because I chose to be. There just wasn't shit for work at the time. Things are different these days. But I can't see having plenty of McJobs out there as being much of a solution. I heard once that to live an average middle class lifestyle in California, you had to make $50.00 dollars an hour. Who makes that kind of money. I think FDR got this right at least.

People are homeless for a variety of reasons. There are no easy fixes. The ones who are drug addicted or mentally disturbed have different needs than someone who just had a run of bad luck. Many houses lie vacant for a variety of reasons as well. Some are too run down to easily restore to habitability. Some are in areas that are economically depressed. Some are stupid Mcmansions in abandoned half-built sub divisions that are too costly to maintain.

Yes, there are easy fixes. Such as for those who are addicted to drugs. Execute all drug dealers. And close down the mexico-U.S. border. So more drugs can't get in. Also, they spoke of houses for the homeless to move into. I'm sure they didn't include houses that were uninhabitable.

Yes, there are easy fixes. Such as for those who are addicted to drugs. Execute all drug dealers. And close down the mexico-U.S. border. So more drugs can't get in. Also, they spoke of houses for the homeless to move into. I'm sure they didn't include houses that were uninhabitable.
Fascist solutions to social problems just create dozens of more problems. You also have to throw the constitution in the trash. That's not really a problem for hateful little slugs like you.

I believe trades could be worked-out.

I'll give up my home to the homeless for a like size home (maybe a bit smaller) on 50 acres bordering the Shenandoah National Park.

The tax-payer can foot the bill.....Plus moving expenses......Hell I may as well get some kind of return on all the "taxation is theft" money that has been stole from me for all these years. ;)

Oh wait, helping the homeless does not entail a quid pro quo?

Fascist solutions to social problems just create dozens of more problems. You also have to throw the constitution in the trash. That's not really a problem for hateful little slugs like you.

You're real funny. Dozens of more problems? Want to tell me what some of them would be? As for the constitution, I say to hell with it. It is only used for criminals to hide behind. And these days, they're using it as an umbrella for illegals who aren't even citizens! You like the law of the constitution? Consider this.

plato 2.jpg

You're real funny. Dozens of more problems? Want to tell me what some of them would be? As for the constitution, I say to hell with it. It is only used for criminals to hide behind. And these days, they're using it as an umbrella for illegals who aren't even citizens! You like the law of the constitution? Consider this.

View attachment 770813
You think you are soooooo smart but apparently you have no concept of unintended consequences. No society has ever been improved by making it meaner.

The main reasons for homelessness are substance abuse and mental illness. While there is not sufficient "affordable housing" in many places, the solution is not to degrade neighborhoods, but to relocate the "homeless" to locales where reasonable cost housing is available. The main reason why homelessness is persistent is because there is an army of people who are making money off the "homeless crisis." They make millions in government grants and consulting fees, and work for NGO's, advocacy groups. Look at the billions of dollars that are spent in California to "fight homelessness." Where does that money go? Certainly not to the homeless people themselves; if it did, they could afford nice apartments. Seriously, do the math. If homelessness went away, their "advocates" would have to go out and get a fucking job. Nobody wants that.

You think you are soooooo smart but apparently you have no concept of unintended consequences. No society has ever been improved by making it meaner.

You should read my thread "Human Pollution." Though human caused global warming will probably cause most of the life on this planet to go extinct. Before that happens, you should expect plenty of meanness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back