Home Abortions Rise After Texas Law Closes Clinics

I suspect the numbers are skewed.

I suspect that the numbers are also related to the decrease in doctors in rural areas as ObamaCare rolls over the supplier networks.

No its related to defunding PP, nothing about the ACA. You suspect wrong.

PP is the only abortion provider in TX? Who knew?
Yeah, I think Abortions-R-Us went belly up around 1998....they seemed to have a marketing problem because apparently abortion is ok but nothing to be proud of.

GM110120CLR-RoeVWade20110120052123.jpg

Yeah....if it's part of the leftist agenda, you can guarantee the numbers are cooked.

Why because its supposedly such a Christian state and good Christians do not have sex outside of marriage and certainty would never get an abortion.
What?

Yes the numbers are too high for such an evangelical Christian state. Trump says he will leave it up to the states, so the poor women will have to have back street abortions and the wealthy will travel first class to a state that allows professional abortions.

I do wonder if these so called Godly men who denounce and unfund Planned Parenthood in their states, if they think God will bless their states more. I doubt it because these so called Godly men are all about money.
Fact:

Fewer and fewer abortion are being done on a year to year basis, why, because of education about VD's, and easier ability to get BC and condoms.
Hmm.. Must invest in coat hanger business.

Yeah....if it's part of the leftist agenda, you can guarantee the numbers are cooked.

Why because its supposedly such a Christian state and good Christians do not have sex outside of marriage and certainty would never get an abortion.
What?

Yes the numbers are too high for such an evangelical Christian state. Trump says he will leave it up to the states, so the poor women will have to have back street abortions and the wealthy will travel first class to a state that allows professional abortions.

I do wonder if these so called Godly men who denounce and unfund Planned Parenthood in their states, if they think God will bless their states more. I doubt it because these so called Godly men are all about money.
Fact:

Fewer and fewer abortion are being done on a year to year basis, why, because of education about VD's, and easier ability to get BC and condoms.
Hmm.. Must invest in coat hanger business.

I'm investing in ShopVacs.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement
A Texas law aimed at restricting abortions,which took effect in 2013, has led to more women trying to end a pregnancy on their own, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined, according to a study released on Tuesday.

The study showed that poor women bear the brunt of the law.

"Poverty, limited resources, and local facility closures limited women's ability to obtain abortion care in a clinic setting and were key factors in deciding to attempt abortion self-induction," the Texas Policy Evaluation Project found.

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without prescription.

Researchers from the University of Texas Population Research Center, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the University of California at San Francisco conducted the study.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed this month to hear a challenge by abortion providers to portions of the Republican-backed law that they contend are aimed at shutting clinics that offer the procedure.

"This important new research paints an alarming picture of what the future may be like for women across the country if the Supreme Court does not block this cruel law," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in a statement on Tuesday."

My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control:
View attachment 99374

Takes a man penis to cause pregnancy, and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom. I think men should be the ones held responsible to impregnating a women.

"and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom."

This is something that most Leftists would agree with because it'd create more Transgenders for them to champion. The Militant Feminists would love it also, they being a mixture of hating the penis because of Penis Envy or something and being afraid of the penis because all men are potential rapists or something :rolleyes-41:

Takes a man penis to cause pregnancy, and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom. I think men should be the ones held responsible to impregnating a women.
You're an idiot. Unless it's rape, it takes two to create an unplanned pregnancy.

Cut off your own dick.

Oh wait....you already did, shortly before changing your name to Penelope.

I've always been a female. I have a low opinion of men who do not take responsibility.
I have a low opinion of "women" who do not take responsibility.

FYI, believing all your life that you're a man trapped in a woman's body doesn't mean you were always female.

I have a low opinion of men to won't accept responsibility or are bad fathers.
I have a low opinion of men who need to get a woman drunk or drugged to get to have sex.
I have a low opinion of men who abuse their wives and children or can't hold down a job due to their own behavior of lack of caring.

I've also know women who due to some accident or illness of a spouse, parent or child have had an abortion so they can devote their time and energy to nursing for the loved on. I've also know women who create a child for the sole purpose of it being a biological match to save a previous child, not because they want and love another child so much at that time in their life.

I've seen circumstances where a parent needs to choose which life of their children to save or to terminate just one fetus.

In places like syria, parents have had to eat their own children to survive. Children have asked to be killed because they don't want to live or are starving and in so much pain. Women who don't know if they will survive or save themselves let lone carry, care for themselves during pregnancy, give birth or care for a child after during war or as a refugee from war. Circumstances where without a parent the child will surely die and the parent with a child both will die. Life is full of choices, some are extremely hard to make.

Till you know and understand the person's life, you cannot judge the choices they make.
100% bullshit.

Nobody's being asked to eat their children, childbirth complications are now exceptionally rare, and we aren't living in dire circumstances you idiotically described. You Leftist baby butchers always choose extreme and unlikely imagined scenarios to justify abortion on demand where in almost all cases, the child is a mere inconvenience.

Your jumpiness indicates you had an abortion or were involved in one. And like many who had an abortion, you hide your pain and guilt with anger and defensiveness instead of coming to terms with the life you wrongfully ended and seeking forgiveness.

The Pope just announced that now any priest can forgive an abortion and you won't be excommunicated, so you're in luck should you ever decide to do the right thing.

I have no desire to be forgiven for anything, at least nothing serious, nor do I worry about excommunication.

You might think you live in some ideal world in the US, but everywhere there might be reason, beside the hardships of war, for certain choices people make in life.

As for Syria, unless you are there, you could not begin to understand what those people have to go through or the suffering of the children there.

You can stay in your bubble and out of touch with the real world if you choose. Don't judge others through because of things you can never understand.

You might not understand why people take drugs or commit suicide. You might understand why someone commit a crime, be it a misdomeneer or a felony. You might know why people make the choice to walk a particular side of the road.

Judge your own actions and seek forgiveness for what you do. Not those who have other beliefs or who take actions that are not at the time a crime.

If a woman chooses to have an abortion at home or in a clinic is none of your concern.

Take care of your own soul if you believe in such things. Butt out of the life and choices of others.

If you disprove, fine you are entitled to your opinion, not to condemn, berate, verbally abuse or bully others, especially not for something that is legal.

You can suggest alternatives and try to discuss other solutions. As for god........ people have to believe in something or it is an empty argument. Even if one is raised in and or studies a faith they might not now believe. Your belief might not be shared or have any meaning to others. For some faiths abortions are perfectly acceptable or they have no opinions on the subject at all. For you it is a moral issue, not for everyone here in the US or around the world. Even in Rome it is legal to get an abortion. It is in most countries, with a few exceptions in south america.

At home, or in the privacy of a doctor's office, you would have no knowledge if a woman did choose to abort.

Unless it is your body, it is none of your business

If there are circumstances elsewhere that would make it acceptable for the woman to make such a choice, there probably are here in the US as well, even in your state or town.

Others might not agree with your choices in life, but they are your choices. Others have to make their own choices for themselves, for their own reason. They do not need or want your approval, probably not even your own children on all matters.

You don't like the idea of abortions. we all get that. So don't get one. That is your decision for you, only.

You believe in your god and your church/religion, good for your. Most others do not. You don't share their beliefs. Fine. Your life is not the same as their's, you cannot decide what they should or will do.

In the US as most other places, abortions are legal. It is an option if a woman does choose that course. It has to be her choice.

Until she gives birth to a breathing child, her life, body and well being is always the priority and should remain in her controls.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement
A Texas law aimed at restricting abortions,which took effect in 2013, has led to more women trying to end a pregnancy on their own, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined, according to a study released on Tuesday.

"Poverty, limited resources, and local facility closures limited women's ability to obtain abortion care in a clinic setting and were key factors in deciding to attempt abortion self-induction," the Texas Policy Evaluation Project found.

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without prescription.

Researchers from the University of Texas Population Research Center, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the University of California at San Francisco conducted the study.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed this month to hear a challenge by abortion providers to portions of the Republican-backed law that they contend are aimed at shutting clinics that offer the procedure.

"This important new research paints an alarming picture of what the future may be like for women across the country if the Supreme Court does not block this cruel law," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in a statement on Tuesday."

My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control:
View attachment 99374

"My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control"

There should be no abortion on demand, abortion should only be in the cases of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is in danger.

Abortion shouldn't be used as a means of contraception, it's not as if there aren't a variety of contraception that can be used.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

"My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control"

There should be no abortion on demand, abortion should only be in the cases of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is in danger.

Abortion shouldn't be used as a means of contraception, it's not as if there aren't a variety of contraception that can be used.
. I wouldn't include rape. The baby will be normal and should not have to endure the pain of abortion. unlike one of incest. The rapist should pay for the birth.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

. I wouldn't include rape. The baby will be normal and should not have to endure the pain of abortion. unlike one of incest. The rapist should pay for the birth.

In the case of rape you have to think of the woman. Rape in itself would be traumatising enough, but the physical trauma they would recover from, the psychological trauma wouldn't be as simple.

So I think it's bad enough the woman has been raped, without adding to the psychological trauma of her having to carry a rapists baby for nine months and 24/7 her knowing this, it could even lead to suicidal tendencies or actual suicide.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

In the case of rape you have to think of the woman. Rape in itself would be traumatising enough, but the physical trauma they would recover from, the psychological trauma wouldn't be as simple.

So I think it's bad enough the woman has been raped, without adding to the psychological trauma of her having to carry a rapists baby for nine months and 24/7 her knowing this, it could even lead to suicidal tendencies or actual suicide.

And I cant imagine raising the child of your rapist.
The guilt of feeling the need to love the child vs the reality of where the child came from would be devastating mentally.

Wow, if people can score a gun no matter what the law is, why not an abortion? This is just another example of how people will do whatever they want no matter what the law is.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

In the case of rape you have to think of the woman. Rape in itself would be traumatizing enough, but the physical trauma they would recover from, the psychological trauma wouldn't be as simple.

Some state give parental right to the rapist, even from jail. A woman cannot leave the state with the child, has to make arrangement or take the child to visit the rapist in jail, it makes the victim relive the rape over and over and face the rapist and gives him control of the choices the woman wants to make. No making a woman keep the product of rape under some circumstances is not right. Her life, and sanity matter.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

might as well be, the men are the ones that have no say when it comes to abortion or paying for a mistake for the next 18 years.
Men should be allowed to opt out of child support as long as its done before the 7th month of pregnancy.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Nobody is forcing her to keep the baby resulting from rape. Termination would have to be within days, not months.

The article didn't say more women were having abortions annually. Actually they said, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined , the number of "home abortion" attempts have risen.
The stats they provided say they're having more abortions now that the law has taken effect though, I posted the number of abortions prior to for the two years prior.
I couldn't find those stats in the article. Where were they?
Go back to the OP. Its amazing you can't find those stats when you just said earlier that the stats were reasonable. Dementia?
I read it. I went to the actual organization's site and read their information. I couldn't find a stat saying there are more abortions being performed. What I see in your post is that in 2013 63,849 abortions were performed in Texas. In 2014, 54,902 abortions were performed. That's 9,000 less, according to my math.
What I find reasonable is ... well, if you can't subtract, I suppose you can't read, either, so I give up.
They are saying there have been 100,000 'home abortions' annually in Texas since it became law.....so either you're too stupid to understand that is more than the annual amount of ALL abortions, including home abortions annually before the law took effect or you can't read.
The 100,000 estimated home abortions were since the law took effect in 2013. However, I agree that the article would need to specify how many home abortions they estimate took place in the two years prior to the law in order for it to make its point.

Forum List

Back