Home Abortions Rise After Texas Law Closes Clinics

"
by REUTERS

advertisement
A Texas law aimed at restricting abortions,which took effect in 2013, has led to more women trying to end a pregnancy on their own, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined, according to a study released on Tuesday.

The study showed that poor women bear the brunt of the law.

"Poverty, limited resources, and local facility closures limited women's ability to obtain abortion care in a clinic setting and were key factors in deciding to attempt abortion self-induction," the Texas Policy Evaluation Project found.

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without prescription.

Researchers from the University of Texas Population Research Center, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the University of California at San Francisco conducted the study.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed this month to hear a challenge by abortion providers to portions of the Republican-backed law that they contend are aimed at shutting clinics that offer the procedure.

"This important new research paints an alarming picture of what the future may be like for women across the country if the Supreme Court does not block this cruel law," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in a statement on Tuesday."

My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control:
View attachment 99374

Please...sell that crap to democrats who believe it...more left wing propaganda...

I suspect the numbers are skewed.

of course you do. because you live in an imaginary world where the big bad liberals are lying to you and the gubmint is conspiring against you.

:cuckoo:
You're so stupid it's not even funny anymore. Completely clueless.
You have always been stupid and never funny.
Not as stupid and as unfunny as you though. You were running around here claiming Trump was going to get slaughtered, dumb ass. Lmao!

"
by REUTERS

advertisement
A Texas law aimed at restricting abortions,which took effect in 2013, has led to more women trying to end a pregnancy on their own, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined, according to a study released on Tuesday.

"Poverty, limited resources, and local facility closures limited women's ability to obtain abortion care in a clinic setting and were key factors in deciding to attempt abortion self-induction," the Texas Policy Evaluation Project found.

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without prescription.

Researchers from the University of Texas Population Research Center, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the University of California at San Francisco conducted the study.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed this month to hear a challenge by abortion providers to portions of the Republican-backed law that they contend are aimed at shutting clinics that offer the procedure.

"This important new research paints an alarming picture of what the future may be like for women across the country if the Supreme Court does not block this cruel law," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in a statement on Tuesday."

My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control:
View attachment 99374

Please...sell that crap to democrats who believe it...more left wing propaganda...
I just posted the article...didn't say I agree with their claims.

So to address this article's bullshit stats.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)
Total Abortions (2014): 54,902
The Texas Department of State Health Services reports that 54,902 abortions took place in Texas during 2014.

Total Abortions (2013): 63,849
The Texas Department of State Health Services reports that 63,849 abortions took place in Texas during 2013.
^
So they're saying that women are having more abortions annually now that the law has taken effect...than they did when there were more clinics open. Yep, I'd say it's bullshit.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)
The Texas Department of State Health Services reports that 54,902 abortions took place in Texas during 2014.

The Texas Department of State Health Services reports that 63,849 abortions took place in Texas during 2013.
^
So they're saying that women are having more abortions annually now that the law has taken effect...than they did when there were more clinics open. Yep, I'd say it's bullshit.
They just lie about abortion. They always have.

I expect Trump will address PP's nasty way of doing business. He isn't going to advocate to revoke RvW, but he's going to hold their noses to the grindstone and force them to be accountable, force them to literally clean up their act, force them to operate like EVERY OTHER CLINIC THAT OFFERS MEDICAL OR DENTAL SERVICES do. When that happens, I imagine the abortion racketeering industry will collapse on it's own. As well as all the disgusting pigs they fund to invade our political arena.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)

^
They just lie about abortion. They always have.
The left wing media counts on their stupid sheep-like audiences to just take their word on everything without fact checking them. It's worked well for them for awhile now.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)

^
The article didn't say more women were having abortions annually. Actually they said, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined , the number of "home abortion" attempts have risen.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)

^
The article didn't say more women were having abortions annually. Actually they said, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined , the number of "home abortion" attempts have risen.
The stats they provided say they're having more abortions now that the law has taken effect though, I posted the number of abortions prior to for the two years prior.

So we are back to the days of abortion coat hangers because the ignorant right wing.

Conservatives care more about a damn fetus than when the baby is actually born.

I actually use to be pro life( except when the pregnancy was dangerous to the mother. I always believed the woman's life should be priority over the unborn child). But when a family member of mine got pregnant from an abusive man it changed my mind on the issue. Complete 360 for me.

I think abortion should always been an option for women. I can't imagine carrying a child by a rapist or carrying a child that would be born brain dead.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)

^
The stats they provided say they're having more abortions now that the law has taken effect though, I posted the number of abortions prior to for the two years prior.
I couldn't find those stats in the article. Where were they?

easier, safer, private, less expensive.............. good.

If you do the cycle twice, and did not abort, then a clinic should be used.

I'd rather women know what to do before hand to prevent or within the first week or two without going to the pharmacy as a first option. Then try a home abortion up to the 70th day.

an egg is not a chicken. Most animals and birds do not survive beyond the first few days. Some animals eat or kill their own young.

Why shouldn't a woman wait till she is ready before having a child she can love and care for with all her heart?

A child that is not full loved will suffer so how is that right? A woman unable or ill prepared for a child will not always be a good parent, or the right parent. Someone too young or too old risks giving birth to a child with health or developmental problems. In the wild, weak, ill and too old fall prey to other animals. Humans to day have few pray and can overcome and prolong life that would other wise naturally maintain a balanced population.

Children should come into the world with love, not because of some accident, rape, or that risks the woman's life and leave the child orphaned.

Children are a joy, at the right time.

The woman has decide when she is ready.

I'm not a fan of clinical abortion except as a last resort. I'd rather women knew more about prevention and inducing a miscarriage at home with natural foods, herbs and teas.

I'd rather see all children in need of a family be adopted. I do not see a need to force women to give birth if they are not ready to be a loving mother and care for the child.

Oh look all the baby killing talking points, all equally stupid and untrue, in one post.
I expect Trump will address PP's nasty way of doing business. He isn't going to advocate to revoke RvW, but he's going to hold their noses to the grindstone and force them to be accountable, force them to literally clean up their act, force them to operate like EVERY OTHER CLINIC THAT OFFERS MEDICAL OR DENTAL SERVICES do. When that happens, I imagine the abortion racketeering industry will collapse on it's own. As well as all the disgusting pigs they fund to invade our political arena.

One day he was pro PP, then a year later not. Its the Pubs who want to control everything in the name of Christianity , but really its all about MONEY.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)

^
Go back to the OP. Its amazing you can't find those stats when you just said earlier that the stats were reasonable. Dementia?

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)

^
Go back to the OP. Its amazing you can't find those stats when you just said earlier that the stats were reasonable. Dementia?
I read it. I went to the actual organization's site and read their information. I couldn't find a stat saying there are more abortions being performed. What I see in your post is that in 2013 63,849 abortions were performed in Texas. In 2014, 54,902 abortions were performed. That's 9,000 less, according to my math.
What I find reasonable is ... well, if you can't subtract, I suppose you can't read, either, so I give up.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Takes a man penis to cause pregnancy, and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom. I think men should be the ones held responsible to impregnating a women.

Both individuals need to be responsible, it takes two to tango

Yet they only punish the women. Great job...that'll teach those whores:2up:

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Takes a man penis to cause pregnancy, and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom. I think men should be the ones held responsible to impregnating a women.
You're an idiot. Unless it's rape, it takes two to create an unplanned pregnancy.

Cut off your own dick.

Oh wait....you already did, shortly before changing your name to Penelope.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

You're an idiot. Unless it's rape, it takes two to create an unplanned pregnancy.

Cut off your own dick.

Oh wait....you already did, shortly before changing your name to Penelope.

I've always been a female. I have a low opinion of men who do not take responsibility.

Forum List

Back