Home Abortions Rise After Texas Law Closes Clinics

I suspect the numbers are skewed.
Yeah....if it's part of the leftist agenda, you can guarantee the numbers are cooked.

Why because its supposedly such a Christian state and good Christians do not have sex outside of marriage and certainty would never get an abortion.
What?

Yes the numbers are too high for such an evangelical Christian state. Trump says he will leave it up to the states, so the poor women will have to have back street abortions and the wealthy will travel first class to a state that allows professional abortions.

I do wonder if these so called Godly men who denounce and unfund Planned Parenthood in their states, if they think God will bless their states more. I doubt it because these so called Godly men are all about money.
Fact:

Fewer and fewer abortion are being done on a year to year basis, why, because of education about VD's, and easier ability to get BC and condoms.

You seem to be under some misguided delusion God advocates the murdering of his most innocent creations. You'd be wise to rethink that

"
by REUTERS

advertisement
A Texas law aimed at restricting abortions,which took effect in 2013, has led to more women trying to end a pregnancy on their own, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined, according to a study released on Tuesday.

The study showed that poor women bear the brunt of the law.

"Poverty, limited resources, and local facility closures limited women's ability to obtain abortion care in a clinic setting and were key factors in deciding to attempt abortion self-induction," the Texas Policy Evaluation Project found.

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without prescription.

Researchers from the University of Texas Population Research Center, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the University of California at San Francisco conducted the study.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed this month to hear a challenge by abortion providers to portions of the Republican-backed law that they contend are aimed at shutting clinics that offer the procedure.

"This important new research paints an alarming picture of what the future may be like for women across the country if the Supreme Court does not block this cruel law," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in a statement on Tuesday."

My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control:
View attachment 99374

Takes a man penis to cause pregnancy, and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom. I think men should be the ones held responsible to impregnating a women.

It takes two to tango unless it is rape...

Both the male and female hold their share of the creation of the unwanted child and to blame one side or the other is just beyond stupid, but you are welcome to do so.
It is equally stupid to call it lies to report the perfectly reasonable statistics that "home" abortions have risen since access to abortion clinics has declined. Of course they have.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement
A Texas law aimed at restricting abortions,which took effect in 2013, has led to more women trying to end a pregnancy on their own, while the number of clinical procedures in the state has declined, according to a study released on Tuesday.

"Poverty, limited resources, and local facility closures limited women's ability to obtain abortion care in a clinic setting and were key factors in deciding to attempt abortion self-induction," the Texas Policy Evaluation Project found.

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without prescription.

Researchers from the University of Texas Population Research Center, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and the University of California at San Francisco conducted the study.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed this month to hear a challenge by abortion providers to portions of the Republican-backed law that they contend are aimed at shutting clinics that offer the procedure.

"This important new research paints an alarming picture of what the future may be like for women across the country if the Supreme Court does not block this cruel law," Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in a statement on Tuesday."

My reponse to all those poor, loose women who want to use abortion as birth control:
View attachment 99374

Takes a man penis to cause pregnancy, and all men who impregnate a women should have their dicks removed because they had sex without a condom. I think men should be the ones held responsible to impregnating a women.

Both the male and female hold their share of the creation of the unwanted child and to blame one side or the other is just beyond stupid, but you are welcome to do so.
It is equally stupid to call it lies to report the perfectly reasonable statistics that "home" abortions have risen since access to abortion clinics has declined. Of course they have.

Maybe this will lead to more "home" responsibility

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Why is it that Progressive Liberals love to add words to what i wrote!?!

Where I have I written anything is a lie in this thread and please take you damn time this time and show me because all I did was point out the fact it take two to tango which mean the man and woman are both at fault for the creation of the unwanted child unless it is rape!

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Why is it that Progressive Liberals love to add words to what i wrote!?!

Where I have I written anything is a lie in this thread and please take you damn time this time and show me because all I did was point out the fact it take two to tango which mean the man and woman are both at fault for the creation of the unwanted child unless it is rape!
Steady, there, fella. I wasn't implying anything, just expanding on "stupidity" in this thread. I don't disagree with you in the least.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Counted them all yourself, huh?

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Responsibility? Accountability?

What planet are you from sir?

:Life is all about what is cheap and easy and makes you feel good.

That's why the government should pay for everything.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

irrelevant and idiotic response. :cuckoo:

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Did YOU?

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

Did YOU?
Listen twat, you're the one claiming they are on the rise..

Did YOU?
No, I'm not. The report is. And I see no reason to disbelieve it, because it makes sense.

Did YOU?
No, I'm not. The report is. And I see no reason to disbelieve it, because it makes sense.
Can't stay focused, can you? Most liberals, wrapped up in delusions, or just plain old half baked lies can't either.

Did YOU?
Can't stay focused, can you? Most liberals, wrapped up in delusions, or just plain old half baked lies can't either.
UT College of Liberal Arts: TxPEP - About
Sorry, but I don't see how I've wavered from the topic at all. Above is the link to the organization doing the study. There has apparently been quite a lot legislation curtailing abortion in Texas. I remember before abortion was legal in this country. I knew people who went out of the country, or paid big bucks to a doctor for a "D&C." Or tried sliding down the stairs on their stomach, or swallowing certain potions. Or poking around with a coat hanger.
You don't want abortion legal, antics will ensue.

"
by REUTERS

advertisement

View attachment 99374

They're not reasonable statistics.. But it is reasonable to believe that home abortions have gone up in Texas after this law came into effect.

STATE-LEVEL DATA (Texas)
Total Abortions (2014): 54,902
The Texas Department of State Health Services reports that 54,902 abortions took place in Texas during 2014.

Total Abortions (2013): 63,849
The Texas Department of State Health Services reports that 63,849 abortions took place in Texas during 2013.

So this article is claiming abortions have gone up in number since the law went into effect. They are NOT reasonable stats.

Last edited:
easier, safer, private, less expensive.............. good.

If you do the cycle twice, and did not abort, then a clinic should be used.

I'd rather women know what to do before hand to prevent or within the first week or two without going to the pharmacy as a first option. Then try a home abortion up to the 70th day.

an egg is not a chicken. Most animals and birds do not survive beyond the first few days. Some animals eat or kill their own young.

Why shouldn't a woman wait till she is ready before having a child she can love and care for with all her heart?

A child that is not full loved will suffer so how is that right? A woman unable or ill prepared for a child will not always be a good parent, or the right parent. Someone too young or too old risks giving birth to a child with health or developmental problems. In the wild, weak, ill and too old fall prey to other animals. Humans to day have few pray and can overcome and prolong life that would other wise naturally maintain a balanced population.

Children should come into the world with love, not because of some accident, rape, or that risks the woman's life and leave the child orphaned.

Children are a joy, at the right time.

The woman has decide when she is ready.

I'm not a fan of clinical abortion except as a last resort. I'd rather women knew more about prevention and inducing a miscarriage at home with natural foods, herbs and teas.

I'd rather see all children in need of a family be adopted. I do not see a need to force women to give birth if they are not ready to be a loving mother and care for the child.

easier, safer, private, less expensive.............. good.

If you do the cycle twice, and did not abort, then a clinic should be used.

I'd rather women know what to do before hand to prevent or within the first week or two without going to the pharmacy as a first option. Then try a home abortion up to the 70th day.

an egg is not a chicken. Most animals and birds do not survive beyond the first few days. Some animals eat or kill their own young.

Why shouldn't a woman wait till she is ready before having a child she can love and care for with all her heart?

A child that is not full loved will suffer so how is that right? A woman unable or ill prepared for a child will not always be a good parent, or the right parent. Someone too young or too old risks giving birth to a child with health or developmental problems. In the wild, weak, ill and too old fall prey to other animals. Humans to day have few pray and can overcome and prolong life that would other wise naturally maintain a balanced population.

Children should come into the world with love, not because of some accident, rape, or that risks the woman's life and leave the child orphaned.

Children are a joy, at the right time.

The woman has decide when she is ready.

I'm not a fan of clinical abortion except as a last resort. I'd rather women knew more about prevention and inducing a miscarriage at home with natural foods, herbs and teas.

I'd rather see all children in need of a family be adopted. I do not see a need to force women to give birth if they are not ready to be a loving mother and care for the child.

Oh look all the baby killing talking points, all equally stupid and untrue, in one post.

Forum List

Back