Hobby Lobby Raises Minimum Wage to $14 for Full-Time Employees

The 85 richest people on Earth have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion people.

Only a moron would call this system "Free-market Capitalism".

How much "capitalism" will be going on when Comcast absorbs Time-Warner Cable? There's a whole lot of "competition in the free market" there, right? Hell, let's have Boeing and Lockheed-Martin merge to form the America's largest weapons contractor. Let's have Pfizer merge with Johnson & Johnson. Let's have Exxon merge with Chevron.

Let's keep reducing competition and forcing as much wealth into as few hands as possible, creating a global oligarchy that doesn't give a fuck about any nation or People.

That's just "free-market Capitalism", right?

This is free-market Capitalism:

1942_USDA.jpg

Wow. Good news for Hobby Lobby employees! I'm glad their employer is making so much money off those multicolored coat hangers they buy from Chinese sweat shops made by five years olds. Their Christian asses should be soooo proud!

Wow. Good news for Hobby Lobby employees! I'm glad their employer is making so much money off those multicolored coat hangers they buy from Chinese sweat shops made by five years olds. Their Christian asses should be soooo proud!

You sound bitter. Why do you hate their employees so much that you begrudge them this good news?

Kind of goes against the conservative consensus that it isn't worth more than 7 bucks an hour to pay some loser to push buttons on a cash register.

When a company does well, it can afford to do this. When fortunes decline, however, it also needs the ability to pay less, or cut workers. If it can't, it goes out of business.

Kind of goes against the conservative consensus that it isn't worth more than 7 bucks an hour to pay some loser to push buttons on a cash register.

When a company does well, it can afford to do this. When fortunes decline, however, it also needs the ability to pay less, or cut workers. If it can't, it goes out of business.

If a company can't make money paying 10 bucks an hour, then it should go out of business and leave it to the companies who can.

When a company like Hobby Lobby treats their employees as well as they do for the life of me I cannot understand the absolutely deplorable over the top psycho posts and comments I've been reading today because the SCOTUS ruled in favor of the company.

The left wing whackos are out in full force over this ruling.

It's because they don't really care about the lives of the workers. They care about oppressing people.

If a company can't make money paying 10 bucks an hour, then it should go out of business and leave it to the companies who can.

Glad to know favor big corporations over the small business owner struggling to make his way.

And likely from some state owned companies in China where the state still practices forced abortions.

Is it not excruciatingly incomprehensible that Hobby Lobby's owners can profess so much righteous outrage over the idea of a woman using an IUD and on the other hand be willing to make a buck dealing with a regime like China's?

It's such a basic example of hypocrisy...

...and what did the Bible say about hypocrisy?

So if a business owner is making 75K off of his/her business of 3 employees...and raising the minimum wage on his 3 employees $2 an hour or $240 a week which, when you add in 15% for the cost of payroll is 275 a week, with the annual addition of expenses being over 14,000 a year...

He/ she will lose about 20% of his or her income.

So that person who was making 75K a year WHILE employing 3 people should shut his or her business?

Wow. You really are clueless about what makes up the majority of our small business owners.

Hint....most don't make 100 Million a year..

Why isnt the title of this Hobby Lobby pays people more than they are worth?

Or "Hobby Lobby creates living wage for peple who clearly dont deserve it"

or "Hobby Lobby overpays lazy people rewarding them for not making themselves marketable"

That does it..No more Hobby Lobby for me! I refuse to shop at a place that incorporates high wages but refuses to provide a morning after pill.

Let's see how much of their staff has been or will be reduced to part time, as Sallow mentions. That's the key that you silly pinheads overlook in the very first paragraph.

Most large corporations both public and privately held have reduced many of their employees to part time in order to duck the ACA laws.

or "Hobby Lobby overpays lazy people rewarding them for not making themselves marketable"

Hobby Lobby can do what it sees fit. its when government forces businesses to pay more than an employee is worth that there is a problem.

And at $9.50 an hour part time, and $14 an hour full time to start, Hobby Lobby probably gets a better quality of employee.

So if a business owner is making 75K off of his/her business of 3 employees...and raising the minimum wage on his 3 employees $2 an hour or $240 a week which, when you add in 15% for the cost of payroll is 275 a week, with the annual addition of expenses being over 14,000 a year...

He/ she will lose about 20% of his or her income.

So that person who was making 75K a year WHILE employing 3 people should shut his or her business?

Wow. You really are clueless about what makes up the majority of our small business owners.

Hint....most don't make 100 Million a year..

I have no problem with that. Three people generating 75,000 a year for their employer because they're working at minimum wage sounds a bit exploitative to me.

Someone here said you could use trained monkeys to work a McDonald's. How much harder is working at Hobby Lobby?

So what? what does this have to do with the current ruling?

nobody? Okie dokie....

anyways the simple fact is the amount of Full time people are going to be limited to a small group while the bulk will be part-time employees. Thus they can skip paying most of them insurance etc.

this has been going on for years at retail stores.

I don't think anyone implied that their pay has anything to do with the ruling.

So the company you own is paying over $10 an hour?

Oh wait, you don't have a company and you have no clue. Thanks for the opinion based on nothing.

Forum List

Back