History's verdict on Trump will be devastating

Reality and truth:

The Boston Globe editorial board pulled no punches with its scathing assessment of President Donald Trump and his administration’s haphazard and widely criticized handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Globe, in an editorial published Monday titled “A president unfit for a pandemic,” declared that Trump had “blood on his hands” because “much of the suffering and death coming was preventable.”
“Catastrophic decisions in the White House have doomed the world’s richest country to a season of untold suffering,” it wrote, suggesting that “as the American public braces itself for the worst of this crisis, it’s worth remembering that the reach of the virus here is not attributable to an act of God or a foreign invasion, but a colossal failure of leadership.”

Herein are more balanced responses by the Christian Science Monitor:

And,

Even faster than Congress came together to pass its $2-trillion coronavirus bailout bill, President Trump signaled his intention to interfere with one of its most important provisions — public oversight of how the money gets doled out to big business.

In signing the bill late Friday, Trump stated that he considered several oversight provisions of the bill to exceed congressional authority — in fact, to represent "impermissible...congressional aggrandizement."

They include provisions requiring that the chief bailout overseer, the special inspector general for pandemic recovery, or SIGPR, inform Congress "without delay" if executive branch departments "unreasonably" refuse the overseer's request for information.

Even faster than Congress came together to pass its $2-trillion coronavirus bailout bill, President Trump signaled his intention to interfere with one of its most important provisions — public oversight of how the money gets doled out to big business.

In signing the bill late Friday, Trump stated that he considered several oversight provisions of the bill to exceed congressional authority — in fact, to represent "impermissible...congressional aggrandizement."

They include provisions requiring that the chief bailout overseer, the special inspector general for pandemic recovery, or SIGPR, inform Congress "without delay" if executive branch departments "unreasonably" refuse the overseer's request for information.
Yes, and rational people agree with that assessment.

Okay. South Korea. Taiwan. NZ. Ausrtralia. All doing a better job. I've been working from home since last Monday. A guy just got fined $10,000 for allowing two people to drink in his restaurant (all cafes and restaurants are closed but they are allowed to do take out). I'm in Australia btw. My home country of NZ? Stage 4 lock down. Nobody allowed out unless to exercise and even then they have to have social distancing. Both countries are still expecting a rise, but that is because these measures only came in the past two weeks and the virus not only has an incubation period of 14 days, but some people are asymtomatic. IOW, they show no signs of the virus but are carriers. A local celeb who met with Tom Hanks and his wife got it. He has had it for almost three weeks, is in quarantine, has shown NO signs of the virus, been test POSITIVE three times over those weeks, and is therefore still a danger to the local population. The US? Too worried about individual rights (see the preacher arrested today), or being allowed to buy guys. Is there anything more selfish than a neocon whackadoodle 'it's all about me and my rights' Deplorable.

Don't think most Americans panic as easily with numbers... How about a bit of perspective while you put out that fire in your hair mate????

What does a NORMAL flu season look like in the US?? (Just ended in early March for all practical purposes)

NOTE 2 things.. The number of INFECTED is TWICE the number that would reported/diagnosed.. And the UNCERTAINTY ON seasonal flu is pretty much a guess just like the COVID mortality or #infected...

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

Get a grip bro....
I WISH PPL WOULD STOP TRYING TO COMPARE THIS WITH OTHER DEADLY EVENTS THAT TAKE PLACE, CAR CRASHES, HIV, ETC....EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE COMPARISONS, HAVE SOLUTIONS, EVERYONE OF THEM...UNTIL WE FIND A VACCINE, A CAUSE AND EFFECT OF THIS C-19 SHIT, COMPARISON A DONE DEAL....APPLE AND FUCKIN ORANGES.

One thing is gotdamn certain, we need to pack our shit and get the fuck out of China...that country goes to hell every other year with deadly shit and spreads it and we all should be sick of China.

Hey junior -- you remember in elementary school, when they showed your a bunch of pictures and asked you WHICH ONES weren't like the others???

I was NOT comparing dissimilar fruits here... I was comparing ONE FLU to ANOTHER.... Not a car crash, not the Friday night body count in Chicago... TWO different FLUs....

Actually they are 2 different flus. And one doesn't have a vaccine.

If you're talking about the flu season that JUST ended -- that's right.. ACTUALLY three.. And I believe one of those wasn't covered in the 2019 vaccinations...

But POINT IS -- If COVID has TWICE the number of infected or TWICE the deaths from it (not anywheres near that yet) than the SEASONAL FLU -- WITH all the population control in place, then it IS a Bad Mother Flu... I'm SURE it is -- but people are panicking like their heads are exploding..

Okay. South Korea. Taiwan. NZ. Ausrtralia. All doing a better job. I've been working from home since last Monday. A guy just got fined $10,000 for allowing two people to drink in his restaurant (all cafes and restaurants are closed but they are allowed to do take out). I'm in Australia btw. My home country of NZ? Stage 4 lock down. Nobody allowed out unless to exercise and even then they have to have social distancing. Both countries are still expecting a rise, but that is because these measures only came in the past two weeks and the virus not only has an incubation period of 14 days, but some people are asymtomatic. IOW, they show no signs of the virus but are carriers. A local celeb who met with Tom Hanks and his wife got it. He has had it for almost three weeks, is in quarantine, has shown NO signs of the virus, been test POSITIVE three times over those weeks, and is therefore still a danger to the local population. The US? Too worried about individual rights (see the preacher arrested today), or being allowed to buy guys. Is there anything more selfish than a neocon whackadoodle 'it's all about me and my rights' Deplorable.

Don't think most Americans panic as easily with numbers... How about a bit of perspective while you put out that fire in your hair mate????

What does a NORMAL flu season look like in the US?? (Just ended in early March for all practical purposes)

NOTE 2 things.. The number of INFECTED is TWICE the number that would reported/diagnosed.. And the UNCERTAINTY ON seasonal flu is pretty much a guess just like the COVID mortality or #infected...

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

Get a grip bro....

Already went through that about six weeks ago. Coronavirus currently has 10 times the death toll of the flu.

Don't get me wrong. I think the media has hyped it up way too much. Still, it is still not a very nice thing to get.

That number WILL go down -- not up as we can guess better about the infection rate.... Comparing it to seasonal flu death rates really cant be done right now..

We KNOW the seasonal flu death rate pretty accurately from antibodies studies done AFTER the outbreaks.. But usually these studies lag by several years....

AND MOST folks and the Clown College Media are CALCULATING it wrong anyways... It's DEFINITELY NOT #deaths / #reported.. The denominator HAS to modified with a GUESS at "how many INFECTED -- not just reported... MANY Med researchers are saying RIGHT NOW that number is NOT the factor of 2 used by CDC -- but is more like 20 to 60 depending on the country..

Funny how hypocrite lefties seem to love Gov. Cuomo whose administration accused NY citizens of racism if they refused to attend public gatherings early in the epidemic but they blame the President for not being prepared.

Epidemiologists have been saying since January this wouldn't be contained due to its symptomology. We likely had dozens, if not hundreds, of cases here before we knew it and this was over before it really began. At the time we had only 5 cases here and yet epidemiologists knew this was going to blow up on a global level.

Blame Trump all day and twice on Sundays if it makes you happy. The facts are that this was not going to be stopped, and scientists knew it once they knew what they were dealing with.

What we're dealing with now is exactly what they said was going to happen and the measures in place are there only to try to keep the hospital systems from being swamped, not to 'stop this' or anything else.

You cannot stop it, you can only slow it and it's been that way since Minute 1. It's math, it's always been math and the math is proving itself out.

uh, yea...
xg32bfro3fg41.jpg
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

...N..:laughing0301:...N...:laughing0301:...Nobel peace prize...:laughing0301:

..F......:laughing0301:
....For.....:laughing0301:
....for doing jack shit...:laughing0301:

A vindictive POTUS who ignores the moral values in the Mission Statement, i.e. The Preamble to COTUS, who has violated his oath to support COTUS in words and acts, is unworthy of the office of trust. President Trump has dishonored the office he has had the privilege of this high office, as have the Senators who failed to remove him when the opportunity was there.

Examples in evidence:

"While the coronavirus spreads across the nation with no regards to state borders, the nation's governors are taking wildly different approaches to tackling the disease, resulting in a patchwork national map that undermines our ability to stop COVID-19 effectively. Coupled with the disastrous leadership of a president more interested in retaliating against his perceived enemies than employing his powers for good, the fractured response to coronavirus reveals how much has to be healed in our nation's system. It also sets in motion an inevitable showdown between Trump and those state leaders who are taking coronavirus seriously, a divide that is only going to get worse given Trump's toxic tendency to blame others for his own shortcomings"

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sharpened her criticism of President Trump’s early dismissal of the coronavirus, saying the delay cost American lives.

“His denial at the beginning was deadly,” said Pelosi to open her interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper.

“His delaying of getting equipment — it continues — his delaying of getting equipment to where it is needed is deadly, and now I think the best thing is to prevent more loss of life rather than open things up because we just don’t know. We have to have testing, testing, testing — that’s what we said from the start before we can evaluate the nature of it in some of these other regions as well.”

• PBS NewsHour reporter Yamiche Alcindor confronted President Donald Trump with his own statements during the daily coronavirus taskforce briefing on Sunday as US coronavirus cases rose to nearly 140,000.
  • In response, Trump snapped at Alcindor to "be nice" and not "be threatening."
  • The president continued berating Alcindor as she pressed on and tried to redirect his attention to her question about earlier statements he made to Fox News host Sean Hannity about the shortage in medical equipment as states battle the novel coronavirus.
  • "When journalists get up and ask questions that are so threatening—" Trump began. Alcindor hit back: "I was quoting you directly from your interview with Sean Hannity."

I disagree totally. History is going to be tremendously friendly with Donald J Trump. Further tourists will look at wonder at the Trump Tower built for him in Manhattan and climb to the top on the Golden Escalator to see the Trump living quarters. The reign of the tremendous Donaldus Magnus will be considered the highpoint of America Civilization.

Yea, Trump is greatly improving his chances of getting the peach prize by threatening war crimes.

Did you know the peach prize is awarded on how you appear from the perspective of other countries?
(not from within our own country)
Apparently, it's also awarded based on how you appear. You can get it BEFORE DOING JACK SHIT (Obama).
:laughing0301:

How embarrassing.

Obama didn't do jack shit before or after getting it!!!

What a piece of crap "award" based on nothing but APPEARANCE.
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

The ultimate vanity prize.
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

A vindictive POTUS who ignores the moral values in the Mission Statement, i.e. The Preamble to COTUS, who has violated his oath to support COTUS in words and acts, is unworthy of the office of trust. President Trump has dishonored the office he has had the privilege of this high office, as have the Senators who failed to remove him when the opportunity was there.

Examples in evidence:

"While the coronavirus spreads across the nation with no regards to state borders, the nation's governors are taking wildly different approaches to tackling the disease, resulting in a patchwork national map that undermines our ability to stop COVID-19 effectively. Coupled with the disastrous leadership of a president more interested in retaliating against his perceived enemies than employing his powers for good, the fractured response to coronavirus reveals how much has to be healed in our nation's system. It also sets in motion an inevitable showdown between Trump and those state leaders who are taking coronavirus seriously, a divide that is only going to get worse given Trump's toxic tendency to blame others for his own shortcomings"

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sharpened her criticism of President Trump’s early dismissal of the coronavirus, saying the delay cost American lives.

“His denial at the beginning was deadly,” said Pelosi to open her interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper.

“His delaying of getting equipment — it continues — his delaying of getting equipment to where it is needed is deadly, and now I think the best thing is to prevent more loss of life rather than open things up because we just don’t know. We have to have testing, testing, testing — that’s what we said from the start before we can evaluate the nature of it in some of these other regions as well.”

• PBS NewsHour reporter Yamiche Alcindor confronted President Donald Trump with his own statements during the daily coronavirus taskforce briefing on Sunday as US coronavirus cases rose to nearly 140,000.
  • The president continued berating Alcindor as she pressed on and tried to redirect his attention to her question about earlier statements he made to Fox News host Sean Hannity about the shortage in medical equipment as states battle the novel coronavirus.
  • "When journalists get up and ask questions that are so threatening—" Trump began. Alcindor hit back: "I was quoting you directly from your interview with Sean Hannity."
Belongs in FLAME Zone.

Don't you Cock Sucking Assholes ever get tired of Trolling America, our President, and being Gleeful over People dying because China attacked the US with a Biological weapon that the dumb-asses couldn't control and unleashed on the whole world?

May God Curse you and everything and everyone you care about. May you be destitute, and hungry, in pain and lonely, and may people shun you when they see you.

And may you always have perpetually dirty underwear.

...N..:laughing0301:...N...:laughing0301:...Nobel peace prize...:laughing0301:

..F......:laughing0301:
....For.....:laughing0301:
....for doing jack shit...:laughing0301:

No Nobel prize for Trump ,,He doesn't know Jack Shit Obama does

I have to disagree. Trump deserves the Nobel Prize in Medicine without a doubt.

His discovery of the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine against Coronavirus pestilences was tremendous. I saw where they are considering giving hydroxychloroquine the brand name "Trumpicillin" in his honor.

Examples in evidence:

Why isn't this thread in the Rubber Room with the rest of the dumbass "I hate Donald Trump threads" ?

Examples in evidence:

Trump should be removed from office. Yes, he IS responsible for much of what his happening.

I ran the White House pandemic office. Trump closed it.

The federal government is moving too slowly, due to a lack of leadership.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...0de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

''''By
Beth Cameron
Beth Cameron is vice president for global biological policy and programs at the Nuclear Threat Initiative. She previously served as the senior director for global health security and biodefense on the White House National Security Council.

March 13, 2020 at 9:32 a.m. EDT

When President Trump took office in 2017, the White House’s National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense survived the transition intact. Its mission was the same as when I was asked to lead the office, established after the Ebola epidemic of 2014: to do everything possible within the vast powers and resources of the U.S. government to prepare for the next disease outbreak and prevent it from becoming an epidemic or pandemic.

One year later, I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like covid-19.'''''

Maybe at his next "press conference" he can pass out toilet paper and paper towels, that worked so well for him in winning the hearts and minds of Puerto Rico citizens.

If you were there, he might give you a bottle of "smart pills".

Personally I think history's verdict about the hatred and seething anger on the left after three years of a presidency will be an acknowledgment of the reality of TDS.

Forum List

Back