Historical equivalents for current presidential candidates.

Which republican candidate has the best chance of defeating Hillary?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Ted Cruz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marco Rubio

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Jeb Bush

• Chris Christie

• Total voters
Please remember I am a mere political hobbyist... not a professional in any way, so here goes. It seems to me that the best historical equivalent to Bernie Sanders is George McGovern, the South Dakota senator who was the 1972 democratic candidate for president. In a nutshell, he won the candidacy as the more liberal and progressive candidate, over the more centrist former Vice President under LBJ, Hubert Humphrey. So basically the hippies finally got their candidate!...of course McGovern went on to be crushed in the general election by the "silent majority," Richard Nixon received almost 61% of the vote. McGovern only won Massachusetts and the district. Anyway, is this a fair comparison? Also, to whom in history can we compare the Donald? Ross Perot...maybe George Wallace? Thanks in advance for any feedback and corrections of my ignorance!
Could Reagan be considered an anti-establishment candidate?

Raised taxes 11 times
Granted amnesty to 3 million illegals
Raised the debt 3 times
Spent most of his first term with a economy a lot like obamas first.

Your poll has nothing to do with your title.

I was expecting a poll like "which historical figure does Donald Rump most resemble" to which I would have checked "Mussolini".

But the poll has nothing to do with that question.

:dunno:

As far as the actual question IN the poll as it stands, it's waaaaaay too early to be asking that. Many many many things can and will change before that time comes.

Would that mean Cruz is Hitler, since he was born in another country with a shared language?
Please remember I am a mere political hobbyist... not a professional in any way, so here goes. It seems to me that the best historical equivalent to Bernie Sanders is George McGovern, the South Dakota senator who was the 1972 democratic candidate for president. In a nutshell, he won the candidacy as the more liberal and progressive candidate, over the more centrist former Vice President under LBJ, Hubert Humphrey. So basically the hippies finally got their candidate!...of course McGovern went on to be crushed in the general election by the "silent majority," Richard Nixon received almost 61% of the vote. McGovern only won Massachusetts and the district. Anyway, is this a fair comparison? Also, to whom in history can we compare the Donald? Ross Perot...maybe George Wallace? Thanks in advance for any feedback and corrections of my ignorance!
Could Reagan be considered an anti-establishment candidate?

Raised taxes 11 times
Granted amnesty to 3 million illegals
Raised the debt 3 times
Spent most of his first term with a economy a lot like obamas first.
I was asking kstewa8. Thank you, anyway.

Forum List

Back