Hillary Clinton finally addresses Harvey Weinstein rape allegations; Obama & Biden still silent

Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Assault Reports

Hillary Clinton is speaking out against film executive Harvey Weinstein days after The New York Times published a bombshell report detailing numerous sexual harassment allegations against him.

“I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein,” Clinton wrote in a statement released Tuesday. “The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated. Their courage and support of others is critical in helping to stop this kind of behavior.”

Until Tuesday afternoon, Clinton had been notably silent on the matter. She didn’t mention Weinstein, who has donated and helped raise large sums for the Clintons and the Democratic Party, on Monday at a book tour event at the University of California, Davis ― her first public appearance since the news broke.

The former secretary of state and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, benefited from Weinstein’s donations for more than two decades. Weinstein donated in the range of $100,001 to $250,000 to The Clinton Foundation through June 2017, according to the nonprofit’s website.

Weinstein was a bundler ― someone who collects money from others after donating the maximum legal personal contribution to a candidate ― for both Clinton and Obama. He’s given a total of $1,422,683 to federal candidates, parties and PACs in all election cycles since 1990, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Former President Barack Obama has yet to comment on Weinstein. Obama has appeared at several fundraisers Weinstein hosted, praising the Hollywood bigwig for his “amazing” movies at one such event in 2013. Malia Obama, the former president’s eldest daughter, interned at The Weinstein Company earlier this year.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, an outspoken advocate for victims of sexual assault, also hasn’t addressed the Weinstein scandal.

Representatives for both Obama and Clinton did not immediately return HuffPost’s requests for comment. A representative for Biden declined to comment, as did Sitrick and Company, the high-profile PR crisis firm representing Weinstein....

Looks like Hillary waited to see if it would be swept under the rug, and Obama and Biden are probably still hoping it'll all just go away.

Why was Hillary required to say anything? I thought you wanted her to shut up and go away.

This is the dumbest thread going.

Hillary Clinton is speaking out against film executive Harvey Weinstein days after The New York Times published a bombshell report detailing numerous sexual harassment allegations against him.

“I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein,” Clinton wrote in a statement released Tuesday. “The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated. Their courage and support of others is critical in helping to stop this kind of behavior.”

Until Tuesday afternoon, Clinton had been notably silent on the matter. She didn’t mention Weinstein, who has donated and helped raise large sums for the Clintons and the Democratic Party, on Monday at a book tour event at the University of California, Davis ― her first public appearance since the news broke.

The former secretary of state and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, benefited from Weinstein’s donations for more than two decades. Weinstein donated in the range of $100,001 to $250,000 to The Clinton Foundation through June 2017, according to the nonprofit’s website.

Weinstein was a bundler ― someone who collects money from others after donating the maximum legal personal contribution to a candidate ― for both Clinton and Obama. He’s given a total of $1,422,683 to federal candidates, parties and PACs in all election cycles since 1990, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Former President Barack Obama has yet to comment on Weinstein. Obama has appeared at several fundraisers Weinstein hosted, praising the Hollywood bigwig for his “amazing” movies at one such event in 2013. Malia Obama, the former president’s eldest daughter, interned at The Weinstein Company earlier this year.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, an outspoken advocate for victims of sexual assault, also hasn’t addressed the Weinstein scandal.

Representatives for both Obama and Clinton did not immediately return HuffPost’s requests for comment. A representative for Biden declined to comment, as did Sitrick and Company, the high-profile PR crisis firm representing Weinstein....

Looks like Hillary waited to see if it would be swept under the rug, and Obama and Biden are probably still hoping it'll all just go away.

Why was Hillary required to say anything? I thought you wanted her to shut up and go away.

This is the dumbest thread going.

Amen! She should tell them all to go fuck themselves. She should be our president. Instead, we have an illegitimate retarded narcissist in the White House.

main-qimg-af245dd31d3d68feb4ad813f529ed6e5

Last edited:

Why was Hillary required to say anything?

WrFUQTn.jpg

The RWnuts would have you believe that everyone knew all about this for years.

Really? Then why didn't Trump make it a prominent part of his campaign?

Why weren't YOU PEOPLE ranting about all it of 2016??????

Poor Harvey. Lohan must think he can maybe revive her skanky career.

Actress Lindsay Lohan came to Harvey Weinstein’s defense on Wednesday and issued a stern message to the film producer’s wife, fashion designer Georgina Chapman.

“I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now,” Lohan said over Instagram Stories. “I don’t think it’s right what’s going on. I think Georgina needs to take a stand and be there for her husband.”

Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein: 'Everyone Needs To Stop ... It's Wrong.'

I also love how Meryl Streep is trying to distance herself from the scandal by claiming she didn't know what Harvey Weinstein was up to. And yet....

4521BF2000000578-0-image-a-1_1507413713852.jpg

Trump's comment was that he's known Weinstein a long time and was not surprised this came out.

LOL, so Trump was pal-ing around with Weinstein despite KNOWING he was a perv...

keep it up RW'ers... lol

I also love how Meryl Streep is trying to distance herself from the scandal by claiming she didn't know what Harvey Weinstein was up to. And yet....

Trump's comment was that he's known Weinstein a long time and was not surprised this came out.

LOL, so Trump was pal-ing around with Weinstein despite KNOWING he was a perv...

keep it up RW'ers... lol

Did Trump's campaign ever take money from Harvey Weinstein?

lol, 'finally', as if it were a year or so before HRC said anything.

NaziCons are sooo obsessed with Hillary. She must scare the shit out of them.
/——/ I don’t know who you mean by NaziCons, but the only time Hildabeast sacres conservatives is when she is in power. Out of power, Hildabeast and her predator husband are just a funny freak show.

keep it up RW'ers... lol

That's your defense? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL times one million.

keep it up RW'ers... lol

/—-/ Dems are not returning the Weinstein’s money. They are just shuffling it around to lib organizations like PP and the ACLU.

or maybe since she was "connected" she wanted to also ensure she gave the reply thought or try to verify the claims on her own.

not a fan of hillary but it's only been a few days at most and to me this is just the same as i think many do against trump - any bullet will do, any at all.

she spoke out against him and i'm not going to guess her motives on the wait to be a bad thing.

keep it up RW'ers... lol

/—-/ Dems are not returning the Weinstein’s money. They are just shuffling it around to lib organizations like PP and the ACLU.

To women's groups. Makes perfect sense.

Poor Harvey. Lohan must think he can maybe revive her skanky career.

Actress Lindsay Lohan came to Harvey Weinstein’s defense on Wednesday and issued a stern message to the film producer’s wife, fashion designer Georgina Chapman.

“I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now,” Lohan said over Instagram Stories. “I don’t think it’s right what’s going on. I think Georgina needs to take a stand and be there for her husband.”

Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein: 'Everyone Needs To Stop ... It's Wrong.'
pretty sure she's auditioning for a part that is never going to happen.

“I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein,” Clinton wrote in a statement released Tuesday.
Yeah she was shocked and appalled the revelations weren't about Bill this time.....

"The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated. ”
Unless of course it's her hubby doing the behaving, in which case she can tolerate it just fine.

Forum List

Back