Highland Park shooting suspect’s father faces charges for sponsoring son’s gun license

It states that NO ONE attempted to file charges. This would include law enforcement and the state that arrived the night he was threatening to kill himself.

NO ONE wanted to get him help. People argue and fight against programs that would get people mental health coverage. No one is will to discuss what we can do as a country with those with issues.

And this is what we get.
Mental health provision in the UK was decimated by thatcher and never restored.
Yet we live in more complicated times and seem to be paying a heavy price for cost cutting. In the UK most atrocities can be traced to someone who should have had some help at some point.

I suspect provision is better in the US if you can afford it.

Yet we live in more complicated times and seem to be paying a heavy price for cost cutting. In the UK most atrocities can be traced to someone who should have had some help at some point.

There is some good help if as you say, one can afford it.

provision? what the f are you talking about?

Let me say it again, the father signature is what bypassed the system.

It means without the father endorsement the kid would have never gotten the firearm legally.

Maybe this will explain it better for you…

Joe being VP got Hunter a free pass on his fake application, oh and the Burisma gig too!

The Father signature bypass the system and allowed the son obtain the firearm.

The Son couldn’t get the firearm on his own.

Proxy purchase is strictly illegal ... the father should go up on murder charges ... never ever tell your doctor you sometimes feel depressed ... or kiss your 2nd Amendment Rights goodbye ...

Proxy purchase is strictly illegal ... the father should go up on murder charges ... never ever tell your doctor you sometimes feel depressed ... or kiss your 2nd Amendment Rights goodbye ...

He isn't being accused of making a proxy purchase.

seems a little extreme…should a parent be charged for helping their kid get a DL if the kid gets a DUI or wreaks ansd kills someone?

This is a case where the kid already killed someone drunk driving ... and had their DL suspended ... now if the parents help him get a bogus DL, then I do think they should be held responsible ...

The OP isn't from the USA ... so I'm not at all sure what he means by a firearm license ... in general, Americans don't need licenses to own a gun ... I just checked my neighborhood gun shop, ten minute waiting period and I walk home with a gun ... all I need is photo ID ... Oregon is the Bluest of the Blue, so we have some DRACONIAN gun regulations ... open carry for UNLOADED gun only ... I've never bothered with concealed carry, I believe one needs a permit, but I may be wrong ... all I need is that Glock model 30 on my right hip and that 33-round clip in my left pocket ... ha ha ha ... wish I was man enough to shoot that baby ...

Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckoning for that.

Of more concern is the fact that the boys behaviour was known to the authorities and yet did not show on his application.

Is that a system failure or humn error ? Very often different agencies do not share information. Is this such a case ?
You don't know what father knew, you lying filth.

This is a case where the kid already killed someone drunk driving ... and had their DL suspended ... now if the parents help him get a bogus DL, then I do think they should be held responsible ...

The OP isn't from the USA ... so I'm not at all sure what he means by a firearm license ... in general, Americans don't need licenses to own a gun ... I just checked my neighborhood gun shop, ten minute waiting period and I walk home with a gun ... all I need is photo ID ... Oregon is the Bluest of the Blue, so we have some DRACONIAN gun regulations ... open carry for UNLOADED gun only ... I've never bothered with concealed carry, I believe one needs a permit, but I may be wrong ... all I need is that Glock model 30 on my right hip and that 33-round clip in my left pocket ... ha ha ha ... wish I was man enough to shoot that baby ...
You carry an unloaded gun you have never shot?

the Parkland shooter had not committee a homicide prior to the event.

and yes you need a permit to have a concealed gun. The waiting period in my state is longer then 10 mins

Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckoning for that.

Of more concern is the fact that the boys behaviour was known to the authorities and yet did not show on his application.

Is that a system failure or humn error ? Very often different agencies do not share information. Is this such a case ?
This is classic grooming here.
The feds helped this kid get what he needed to give the Dems an excuse to pass gun-legislation.

Here in Illinois, the ability to own a gun in this state requires one to only spend $11.00 to get a Firearms Owner's Identification Card. Which means is all you have to do is pinky-swear you are not a criminal or mentally ill.
It's amazing this tiny hurdle to clear still upsets the majority of gun owners that I know.

It's amazing this tiny hurdle to clear still upsets the majority of gun owners that I know.

I do not own a gun and have no desire to own one but it upsets me also. No one should have to pay the government to exercise their Constitutional right. It would be no different than a poll tax. Do you support that?

I do not own a gun and have no desire to own one but it upsets me also. No one should have to pay the government to exercise their Constitutional right. It would be no different than a poll tax. Do you support that?
A "poll tax" and a FOID card are in now way comparable. A FOID card should be mandatory for all gun owners, and all guns purchased should be in a Federal data base, by serial number, for starters. That's a separate argument, perhaps better suited to happen in another thread.

We can argue endlessly about gun control, but the Founding Fathers did not envision assault rifles in this country when they drafted the 2nd Amendment. To think that their opinions and beliefs in the 18th century are somehow sacrosanct, and above reproach, 250 years later, requires a healthy level of disassociation. I cannot pretend that life in America is the same in 2022 as it was in 1787.

A "poll tax" and a FOID card are in now way comparable. A FOID card should be mandatory for all gun owners, and all guns purchased should be in a Federal data base, by serial number, for starters. That's a separate argument, perhaps better suited to happen in another thread.

It's the same thing. You have to pay the government to exercise your right. Both are wrong and should be abolished.

We can argue endlessly about gun control, but the Founding Fathers did not envision assault rifles in this country when they drafted the 2nd Amendment. To think that their opinions and beliefs in the 18th century are somehow sacrosanct, and above reproach, 250 years later, requires a healthy level of disassociation. I cannot pretend that life in America is the same in 2022 as it was in 1787.

The Founders enacted a way for you to change the Constitution. Until you do your point is moot. They did not envision people voting on computers either, but here we are. We no longer simply drop a ballot in a box.

Forum List

Back