Higher taxes or cut frivolous spending

With the debt the left is forcing on us something has to give. We are either going to HAVE TO raise taxes or cut spending. The answer seems obvious to me but few seem courageous enough to try.

1. Cut foreign aid by 80% or more.
2. Stop funding shrimp on a treadmill type shit.
3. Increase oil production and export it.
4. Put salary caps on politicians.
5. Ban fundraising/money in politics. Require PBS to host and air ALL political debates since we fund them (cut out corporate media money pits)
6. Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.
7. Create a section on irs forms for contributions to go DIRECTLY to our national debt and make that program publicly accessible by anyone via the internet (full transparency)
8. Lock down our southern border and institute strick guidelines for work visas.
9. Cut the budget of ALL federal agencies by at least 5%.
10. Add a balanced budget amendment to the constitution.
11. Require ALL spending bills to be accessible for 7 days & to be publicly read on the floor BEFORE any vote is taken.
12. AFTER all that raise taxes incrementally as needed.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. Point being that anyone, including our elected officials, can solve this problem if they actually wanted to.

The only thing I don't agree with is number 10 because that will have unintended consequences and we the people will lose.
I too agree in principle. However, 1, 3, and 9 may also have unintended consequences.
On my end the consequences for 1 are intentional. For 3, I am not a fan of fracking. We should nationalize it which would solve a few problems. I listed two programs that if cut might be able to help with cutting 5% off of the rest.

With the debt the left is forcing on us something has to give. We are either going to HAVE TO raise taxes or cut spending. The answer seems obvious to me but few seem courageous enough to try.

5. Ban fundraising/money in politics. Require PBS to host and air ALL political debates since we fund them (cut out corporate media money pits)
6. Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.
7. Create a section on irs forms for contributions to go DIRECTLY to our national debt and make that program publicly accessible by anyone via the internet (full transparency)
8. Lock down our southern border and institute strick guidelines for work visas.
11. Require ALL spending bills to be accessible for 7 days & to be publicly read on the floor BEFORE any vote is taken.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. Point being that anyone, including our elected officials, can solve this problem if they actually wanted to.

The only thing I don't agree with is number 10 because that will have unintended consequences and we the people will lose.
I too agree in principle. However, 1, 3, and 9 may also have unintended consequences.
On my end the consequences for 1 are intentional. For 3, I am not a fan of fracking. We should nationalize it which would solve a few problems. I listed two programs that if cut might be able to help with cutting 5% off of the rest.
I do not want to push any country into somebody else's sphere, so I don't agree with cutting aid by 80%.

I do not want to push any country into somebody else's sphere, so I don't agree with cutting aid by 80%.
Too late.
I don't believe in paying someone to be friends.

Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.

All government contracts are publicly bid.
Actually it was a $600 toilet seat specially fabricated for a P-3 Orion aircraft

What's different now from when Trump cut taxes and did not cut spending?
There was no difference and I complained about his spending as well. Biden is now president so focus.
Wrong. There is good debt and bad debt. Bad debt is when you borrow money to go on vacation. Good debt is when you borrow money to build a business. I think Trump's was mostly in the former class, Biden is more in the later class.

Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.

Actually it was a $600 toilet seat specially fabricated for a P-3 Orion aircraft
You saying Home Depot didn't have a toilet seat for a P-3 Orion aircraft on the shelf? Shocking!

Okay. The US has a 48 billion foreign aid budget. That's 1.2% of the budget. So cut that by 80%, you get a 40 Billion savings...

Okay, except that these won't put any real dent in the budget.

Here's a list of the top expenditures- Show me on the chart what we can cut.

View attachment 464718
Starting at Science and going CCW.

Amount to cut:

Science $20.8 Billion the first year. 4% each year thereafter.
Energy &Enviroment 40.8 Billion. 4% each year thereafter.
International Affairs Keep only enough money to support embassies, cut everything else.
Housing and Community. 61.5 Billion. This is a States issue and should be a budget at the Federal level
Transporation A states issue with the exception of the Interstate Highway system. 70 billion then 4% thereafter
Food and Agri. Unless we are exporting food for profit, cut all of it. 135.7 Billion
Nothing from Veterans benefits. They paid their way.
The Military is the first in this list that is a Constitutionally authorized spending item. Nothing from the Military
The amount paid by the citizens for medicare should not be on this budget but in a lockbox that government cannot touch. The rest can be cut.
The same for SS. The amount paid for SS should not be on any budget but in a lockbox that cannot be touched by government. The rest can be cut.

Total cuts to the budget: 1.168.8 Billion dollars.

Total Budget 2.63 Trillion

Too late.
I don't believe in paying someone to be friends.
Me either, but it is not about friendship. It is about our influence.

What's different now from when Trump cut taxes and did not cut spending?
The fact that rich white propagandists weren’t telling them to be butt hurt
You describe that almost dead dude you sent to the Oval Office

If the goal is to pay down the deficit and attack the debt it needs to be a combination of tax increases and spending cuts. The problem is that neither party is willing to follow thru on doing that.

You saying Home Depot didn't have a toilet seat for a P-3 Orion aircraft on the shelf? Shocking!

I’m sure the Navy could buy all their spare parts at Home Depot

No mention of rounding up taxpayer dependent wetbacks and sending 20-40 million home to Mehecio to drive up wages, improve opportunity, education and healthcare....WHY?
This is where we’re at folks...you have become soft and pussified on this issue....Democrats have conditioned you to believe this can’t be achieved...said belief stops you from even talking about it...See how this works when you drink the PC Kool-Aid?

If the goal is to pay down the deficit and attack the debt it needs to be a combination of tax increases and spending cuts. The problem is that neither party is willing to follow thru on doing that.

How do you do that when Democrats are growing the ignorant, illiterate, dark, criminal population by the day?

How do you do that when Democrats are growing the ignorant, illiterate, dark, criminal population by the day?

The problem isn’t just the Democrats.

I care about the debt no matter who is in office, because our kids and grandkids and those that follow them will have to pay the interest on that debt. At some point the interest rate WILL begin to go up and when that happens whoever finally gets stuck with the problem isn't going to have any good options. Pointing fingers isn't going to solve anything, that is for sure.

Some 22 or 23 years ago? I believe Canada faced a rising debt problem, and it was tanking their economy because too much money was being taken OUT of the private sector and THAT is where economy growth has to occur. So - a funny thing happened: the liberals and the conservatives got together and worked out a way to resolve their financial situation, which WAS growing very dire. Their solution was to cut spending AND raise taxes wisely, but they did it by cutting spending by a 7-1 ratio. Alas, they couldn't sustain that cooperation, and I believe Canada is back in fiscal trouble, bigly. But, that's the only way out - you HAVE to cut the spending.

The way I see it, we could limit spending increases to say 2% per year, and anything over that 2% gets tacked onto next year's budget. No exceptions, no exemptions. That's what I believe the EU is or was doing, not sure if they still are. And we gotta do better at ending Fraud, Waste, and Abuse, or at least reducing it a heck of a lot. To many of the wrong people are getting our tax-dollars by hook or crook, mostly crook I think and that shit has to stop.

The problem? Too many Americans don't give a shit about deficits and debt. So, neither do the politicians in either party. What we need I think is a revival of the Tea Party with more emphasis on the spending and with people from both sides of the aisle. No pressure = nothing changes.
It's not as bad as you think.

23% of the debt isn't really debt at all because it's money the government owes to itself and it will never be paid off because it doesn't have to be.

Of the remaining 77% only 6.8 trillion is owed to foreign governments the rest is owned by Americans and American financial institutions so the interest on most of the debt is paid to Americans and then put right back into the US economy.

Ever notice how the debt is only a problem when Democrats are running things?
No I haven’t and neither have you. What I do notice is when democrats are in charge they want 2 trillion dollar spending bills for COVID even when only 6% of it is actually COVID related. The reason? If we don’t do it everyone is going to DIE! And when they aren’t in charge and cuts are attempted they won’t let that happen. The reason? Everyone is going to DIE!

It’s the democrat theme.
When democrats are in charge, the country doesn’t descend into recession
Obama had the worst recovery in history. Trump fixed it in less than a year. Biden is currently trying to out fuck up obie. Shut the hell up clown.

The problem isn’t just the Democrats.
Which Party talks about solving the problem with core Americans coming out as the winners?
This neat sounding “comprehensive immigration reform” we hear Dems throw around is nothing more than a greater fucking for Americans and huge benefits for criminals.

Forum List

Back