Higher Taxes and Open Borders

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
How did even the Ds come up with a midterm platform this stupid? Even without Trump ginning up the faithful this is suicidal.

How did even the Ds come up with a midterm platform this stupid? Even without Trump ginning up the faithful this is suicidal.

I have a strong feeling that democrats have lost control of the party. I don’t know much about goings-on there, but it seems like leftists hijacks the party using the mantras of inclusivity and tolerance to get their folks in. It seems like a lot of democrats think this is nuts when they look at the news and are distancing themselves from it. Case in point: my boss was strongly democrat but voted for Trump because Hillary was so bad. But more on Hillary- imagine, knowing how sore a loser she is, how poor of a winner she would be. There is a common portrayal of Obama as smug and arrogant- she would have been 1000 times worse. As far as I know it also would have been the first time that a candidate from the same party succeeding a 2-term president would have won. Fortunately she didn’t and the balance is good. Both sides interpret the constitution differently and the alternating I think keeps the Constitution more or less intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bush the elder did it and it was a disaster for the Rs. Pence may do it but I doubt it. Bondi here in FL, Haley and the gal running DHS strike me as more likely.

In 2012, it was pointed out the 47% of the people don't pay taxes so they presumably could care less how much they are raised.

As far as the "open borders" issue, the Left has already branded those who oppose it as "racist", so support for this goes really well with their base composed of minorities.

Forum List

Back