High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned

Mochells Lunch program meals mostly wound up in the garbage as all of the kids refused to eat the crap that cost taxpayers so much and was then funnelled into dem coffers.
LOL....Remember the "Mystery Mush"?

R.a21e8ccd02559282579ee49321184c65

The High School I went to from 1979 - 83 had pretty good lunches. They had a pretty decent salad bar with fruit.
They always had green beans/mashed potatoes ...broccoli and cheese. Meats were usually two choices, chicken/roast beef/hanburgers/fish/ham etc.
By the time my kids went there in the 2010s - most kids were taking their lunch. School food was total shit by then like above.

The High School I went to from 1979 - 83 had pretty good lunches. They had a pretty decent salad bar with fruit.
They always had green beans/mashed potatoes ...broccoli and cheese. Meats were usually two choices, chicken/roast beef/hanburgers/fish/ham etc.
By the time my kids went there in the 2010s - most kids were taking their lunch. School food was total shit by then like above.
My high school cafeteris was pretty good back in 1970. That was the year, far as I can tell, that the food started changing, becoming more and more chemical laden. So many foods and especially soda and candy just started tasting like glue in that year.

My high school cafeteris was pretty good back in 1970. That was the year, far as I can tell, that the food started changing, becoming more and more chemical laden. So many foods and especially soda and candy just started tasting like glue in that year.
Did you grow up in a school that used the "Mod system" - the flexible schedules.
What a disaster that was. Giving 16 year olds so much free time and free to choose their own classes... what could go wrong??

That's one sorry lookin' lunch for a teen.....You get what you "pay" for I guess.

NYdadschoollunchMain.jpeg

High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned
That is unbelievable. I would guess that a few items have been taken off the tray for full effect? I’m going to just take it as it is and suggest that those students try to get a lunch at their local homeless shelters. All jokes aside, fresh vegetables, fruits and soups served and look at that crap. Horrible.

How much is a school lunch these days? When I graduated, it was around $1.50 a day making it $7.50 a week.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (class of 2000)

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

You want your kids to have better lunches at school? Be prepared to pay for them through higher property taxes.

New York schools really should contract out their lunches to McDonald's.

Give the kids what they want.

When they grow up are serving time, they'll have plenty of opportunity to have pathetic meals. Now, as kids, they should be eating well.

All the colleges have done that. There are multiple fast food outlets on nearly every college campus. My older daughter goes to Baylor University, and they have like 3 Chick-fil-A restaurants on campus, plus two Starbucks, a taco place, a Burger King, a wrap place, a noodle place, and the three dining halls which have everything imaginable in them. When I was in college it was Army food in the dining halls or nothing.

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

You want your kids to have better lunches at school? Be prepared to pay for them through higher property taxes.

Fuck that. If these families can't afford to feed their own children, they should be on assistance programs like WIC, which are already funded, so they can make their kids a decent lunch for school.

Trickle down supply side economics at work.

You might want to actually read the article, troll bait. Aside from the fact your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the lunches are "free." So, here's your government funded "free" ride at work.

You might want to actually read the article, troll bait. Aside from the fact your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the lunches are "free." So, here's your government funded "free" ride at work.
No, it’s what little money is left after the bulk of it has been sucked up to the top and not properly “trickled down “.

Forum List

Back