High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
That's one sorry lookin' lunch for a teen.....You get what you "pay" for I guess.

NYdadschoollunchMain.jpeg

High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned

When Michelle Obama was doing her "eat sensibly" for kids' campaign, there was this picture of this fat kid staring at a tray not unlike what OP posted.

He looked like he was going to cry.

LOL....When I was in school you had two choices.....Take it or leave it. ;)

Lucky for me we I had very good lunches made by steely-eyed lunch ladies all through my school years but unless you bought two lunches there were no other choices to be had.

Damn they made some kick-ass corn bread and chili (with beans).

There was only one day a week when you could buy ice-cream.....No soda or junk food machines.

Lucky for me we I had very good lunches made by steely-eyed lunch ladies all through my school years but unless you bought two lunches there were no other choices to be had.

There was only one day a week when you could buy ice-cream.....No soda or junk food machines.

Chili Mac.

I wish I could find the recipe. I've tried and my wife has tried to recreate chili mac, but nothing has come close.

Same when I was in school and we managed to live.We never got chili just brown beans.

I looks like it tastes like the air in my mouth.

HOWEVER...those are actual serving sizes.

That's right ya fat fucks...yer eatin too much.

Holy crap. My prison meals were better than that lol
LOL....If they served that for lunch in the prisons I worked at in the 70s-80s there would be a riot.

We fed them good back then because they worked hard on the gun gangs but we raised a lot of what we fed them.....It's all processed crap now. They eat mostly out of the commissary, you know, "swoles" and such.

New York schools really should contract out their lunches to McDonald's.

Give the kids what they want.

When they grow up are serving time, they'll have plenty of opportunity to have pathetic meals. Now, as kids, they should be eating well.

My favorite was hamburger gravy on mashed potatoes. Liked it better than my mom's own cooking. Lucky when we got a little dab of pudding. Always fresh fruit.

I remember that they had a free lunch program but most parents were too proud to enroll their kids in it.

There was one kid in particular that had it right rough at home and we would buy his lunch for him. It was 15 cents well spent.

That kid ended-up working for the .gov at Mt. Weather till he retired. He still lives in town.

I remember that they had a free lunch program but most parents were too proud to enroll their kids in it.

There was one kid in particular that had it right rough at home and we would buy his lunch for him. It was 15 cents well spent.

That kid ended-up working for the .gov at Mt. Weather till he retired. He still lives in town.
Thank you for being a good kid. You probably grew up to be a good adult.

When Michelle Obama was doing her "eat sensibly" for kids' campaign, there was this picture of this fat kid staring at a tray not unlike what OP posted.

He looked like he was going to cry.
Mochells Lunch program meals mostly wound up in the garbage as all of the kids refused to eat the crap that cost taxpayers so much and was then funnelled into dem coffers.

Forum List

Back