Hi. I am Dawn!

I’m not new to boards, but I am new to this board.

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
Just kidding. I always wanted to say that.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn
Welcome neighbor. ( I'm way down in SW Arkansas, but we're still neighbors).
Tennessee's been in the news a lot lately... :(

Are you a rice farmer?

Hi Gracie
A person (from here) and I were posting on a tapatalk board. I was banned. They sent me a link to this board.

It was the first time I’ve been banned from a board in 11 years and I’m not even sure why I was banned.

I totally get the it “Has to be a sock because no one new ever shows up“.

Last summer I joined a particular board about a particular game show and even though I gave them all my legit stats they were still convinced I was someone else. They were so convinced they asked me to leave so I did.
It was their loss -I had a lot of insight and brilliant comments about that game show.

This board has very few rules. Getting banned around here is rare. Let 'er rip (either that or run like the wind ;-)

I promise to never release my Cracken.

GOOD - Rudy release his Kracken and it was something nobody wanted to see. :omg:

91875a4c-41ba-444c-9671-5acca8bd24b0.png

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn

Are you a rice farmer?

Pilaf at you
(I laugh at you)

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn

Are you a rice farmer?

Pilaf at you
(I laugh at you)

Is that humor from a Yankee? My family is from Hawkins county.. So we are weird...

Last edited:
In my late 30’s I escaped from CA and landed here.

Welcome Dawn. You seem civil. This board needs a civil lefty.

It would be an interesting thread you could start about escaping CA as a lefty. Did the results of lefty policies drive the escape? We're seeing that a lot here in Texas. Lots of Californians and New Yorker's are invading.

Again welcome. You live in a beautiful part of the country with friendly people and great BBQ.

I had customers who moved with their company from Portland, OR to the Carolinas. When I visited one of them shortly after the move she referred to her new digs as "a culinary wasteland". Nothing wrong with good BBQ, but it does get old when that's all there is. ;)

It would be an interesting thread you could start about escaping CA as a lefty. Did the results of lefty policies drive the escape? We're seeing that a lot here in Texas. Lots of Californians and New Yorker's are invading.

Again welcome. You live in a beautiful part of the country with friendly people and great BBQ.

I had customers who moved with their company from Portland, OR to the Carolinas. When I visited one of them shortly after the move she referred to her new digs as "a culinary wasteland". Nothing wrong with good BBQ, but it does get old when that's all there is. ;)
I grew up in OKC where everyone was a BBQ chef..I haven't touched the stuff in thirty years...In the 1970's when they came out with water smoker shaped with a rounded top I was gonna barf if I have to deal with another damn water smoked turkey that was black on the outside and pink on the inside....

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn
I am the Deep Dark Night; I Hate Dawn.

I grew up in OKC where everyone was a BBQ chef..I haven't touched the stuff in thirty years...In the 1970's when they came out with water smoker shaped with a rounded top I was gonna barf if I have to deal with another damn water smoked turkey that was black on the outside and pink on the inside....

I eat it from time to time. My neighbor is a master griller and for New Years he made bigly beef ribs that melted in yer mouth. Little homemade slaw, tater salad and baked beans on the side. Delicious, but I had to eat half a bottle of Tums before bedtime. :rolleyes-41:

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn
Welcome to USMB, Dawn, and Happy New Year. Hope you enjoy the boards. :thup:

They're not allowed to eat anything else? I think this person is just displaying their blue state snobbery

They're not allowed to eat anything else? I think this person is just displaying their blue state snobbery

No it's true actually - I had some amazing dinners in Charlotte but once you get out of town a couple hours? All BBQ ALL the time!!

Oh and

There were a lot of beautiful places to see in California. But you had to take the day off and drive in traffic to go see them.

Where I live now... I see beautiful stuff every day.View attachment 435877View attachment 435878

me too - i have a 1200 acre state forest that abutts my property & i only hafta pay taxes for our 1 acre we own. lotsa forest critters & big old growth trees that i hug often.

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn
What part of tennesse you live in? What major city are you closest to? When I first saw your user name,I thought of dawn wells who just passed away,Mary Ann of Gillian island.lol

It was the late 1980s...

I was a naive teen.
I went to work during a hot summer - it was something like “Kennel to the Stars”.
I was introduced to the Mighty Dog and Morris the cat (number nine?).

My job was to clean about 100 dog kennels and cat cages.
8 Hours later I went to get the boss to show him all I had cleaned. I had cleaned them all!

He shows me that the first 20 kennels or so had repooped.
At that point I realized it was a never ending event of pooping and cleaning and pooping and cleaning.

I waited until the big boss went back into his office and I ran to my car and escaped. I never got paid for that day. I think I worked for about 10 hours for free.
That's when you get to the last cage and start over at the first......"I'm not finished yet'= time and a half

Forum List

Back