Hi. I am Dawn!

Its in the women's lounge.

There are women here?!

original.gif

A few days ago, a murder of crows were harassing the small songbirds and their nests in the bramble (think thorny thatch or brush).
It was so loud I could hear it inside the house. I went out to the back deck and yelled at them to stop. I like crows, but they were being bullies.
So like a lunatic I’m yelling at these crows and out flies an owl from a small pine tree. It startled me, but it was so beautiful and big. I have never seen one in the daytime.
I didn’t realize that he was living there. It explains why all the rabbits are gone. Now if he could just work on the armadillo and mice.
That's a couple of pretty precious looking pooches you have there! I purchased a short eared owl from a pet store in Spokane Washington back in 1972ish. Some sob scatter gunned the lil fart breaking his left wing & leaving him to die a slow death. I bought him cage & all for $75.00 & took him straight to a local vet. The vet told me his left wing was beyond any chance of repair. He gave me instructions on how to both feed & care for the lil guy & I then took him to my dad's house(BIG house!). To make a loooong story short we ended up with a family 'house' owl that I named Barney(he was not a barn owl but a short eared owl) for eight years before he passed away. Owls are funny, playful beyond words, bond like glue with humans, inexpensive(chicken necks, gizzards & live mice) & are DEDICATED to their keeper(s). So how is life in Tennessee???

Life in Tennessee right now is non stop rain.

I should have bought a boat.
It’s really cool and neat that you raised and loved an owl.

I saved a baby mouse last year (I named her Algernon). It ended up like “The Yearling”. <insert sad face>

Dawn, I was almost named that, but instead it was Penny, my dad named me.

I like that, a new Dawn.

:welcome:

A few days ago, a murder of crows were harassing the small songbirds and their nests in the bramble (think thorny thatch or brush).
It was so loud I could hear it inside the house. I went out to the back deck and yelled at them to stop. I like crows, but they were being bullies.
So like a lunatic I’m yelling at these crows and out flies an owl from a small pine tree. It startled me, but it was so beautiful and big. I have never seen one in the daytime.
I didn’t realize that he was living there. It explains why all the rabbits are gone. Now if he could just work on the armadillo and mice.
Now you know why crows are black

The darkest hour IS before me.

What worries me the most is all the people who wake up at my crack.

Welcome. I won’t hold it against you that you live in SW Tennessee and SE Tennessee is the best part. :) I head over there for hiking all the time or at least during 3 seasons.

The best part of Tennessee I’ve been to was called Jellico (I think?).
I looked at houses there and east beyond LaFayette(?).

I didn’t have enough money.
<insert empty pockets emoji>

Forum List

Back