Hey "Fight for 15" idiots: You realize at $15/hr...YOU aren't getting/keeping that job anymore right

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I don't think Fight for 15 morons have had their brains checked for malfunctions lately.

You work a minimum wage job FOR A REASON. What is that reason??
- You are under qualified for anything else
- You're dumb and/or lazy
- You're just too young for anything else
- You are a shitty unskilled worker

Could be more reasons. But that's why you are there.

If the pay goes from $7.25 to $15 an hour....do you realize 2 things WILL happen:
- Companies will cut staffing and demand FAR more work and productivity from those they keep
- You will get downward pressure from MORE QUALIFIED workers who NOW see fast food and minimum wage work as viable option

For example....many firemen, cops and teachers don't start off at $15 hour. Why put up with all the school and training and stress in those jobs....when they can just flip burgers and mop a floor...show up looking like shit and hungover and be paid $15 and hour?? It's easy, low skill, low responsibility labor. If you pay that labor the same as higher qualified jobs....then higher qualified people will leave the more stressful and higher accountability jobs to make the same money doing a far easier job.

So....all you Fight for 15 morons....ALL you are doing is begging for your own unemployment. Sorry. But free trade, globalization and open borders has flooded the market with unskilled uneducated labor. Your labor isn't worth much. Sorry it's true.

Your life may consist of rooming with 4 or 5 other people in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in the industrial area of town and living off rice and $1 frozen dinners with no internet. It's not a horrible life. But it's not luxurious or middle class. But guess what? Thats how most of the worlds 6 billion lives.

And SOME PEOPLE in America (uh hum....left wingers) have always wanted America to be more like the rest of the world rather than being the world's elite super wealthy power. Yall voted for it....Yall got it.

So.....let's say you are a minimum wage worker at McDonalds. $7.25 and hour. There's 2 of you who cook on evening shift. The boss says the budget covers 2. But min wage just went up to $15 an hour.

He says "I can't keep you both....but whoever I keep....you're gonna have twice the work and it's gonna be critical that you can keep up."

THEN.....in walks a young woman in a business suit with a resume. She graduated from culinary school. Has worked for a few higher end restaurants and managed very busy kitchens at them. And....she is tired of the stress of those and wants something simpler with lower demands.

Before....she wouldn't consider fast food. Not at $7 an hour.

But $15??? Yeah. She'll take it. Plus it gives her a chance to work up to management and more money.

Sorry Fight for 15.....she's taking both your jobs.

I don't think Fight for 15 morons have had their brains checked for malfunctions lately.

If the pay goes from $7.25 to $15 an hour....do you realize 2 things WILL happen:
- Companies will cut staffing and demand FAR more work and productivity from those they keep
- You will get downward pressure from MORE QUALIFIED workers who NOW see fast food and minimum wage work as viable option

For example....many firemen, cops and teachers don't start off at $15 hour. Why put up with all the school and training and stress in those jobs....when they can just flip burgers and mop a floor...show up looking like shit and hungover and be paid $15 and hour?? It's easy, low skill, low responsibility labor. If you pay that labor the same as higher qualified jobs....then higher qualified people will leave the more stressful and higher accountability jobs to make the same money doing a far easier job.

So....all you Fight for 15 morons....ALL you are doing is begging for your own unemployment. Sorry. But free trade, globalization and open borders has flooded the market with unskilled uneducated labor. Your labor isn't worth much. Sorry it's true.

Your life may consist of rooming with 4 or 5 other people in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in the industrial area of town and living off rice and $1 frozen dinners with no internet. It's not a horrible life. But it's not luxurious or middle class. But guess what? Thats how most of the worlds 6 billion lives.

And SOME PEOPLE in America (uh hum....left wingers) have always wanted America to be more like the rest of the world rather than being the world's elite super wealthy power. Yall voted for it....Yall got it.
Firemen and teachers aren't going to seek a job mopping floors because it pays as well as theirs! That is absolutely, positively, not true. Try working a minimum wage job for a while -- six months, full time, and then get back to us how easy and pleasant it is. How easy it is to survive on.

.......Try working a minimum wage job for a while -- six months, full time, and then get back to us how easy and pleasant it is. How easy it is to survive on.

Minimum wage was never and is not intended to be a living wage. Nor should it be. People need to get that through their heads.

If mini.um wage work is all you're capable of doing to support yourself, please die off and improve the gene pool.

Firemen and teachers aren't going to seek a job mopping floors because it pays as well as theirs! That is absolutely, positively, not true. Try working a minimum wage job for a while -- six months, full time, and then get back to us how easy and pleasant it is. How easy it is to survive on.

I'll take job mopping floors, if I can make more money than I'm making now.

A job paying minimum wage properly reflects the worth of that job: MINIMUM. If that job did not exist, the world would still go on with MINIMUM interruption

A person who works for minimum wage should realize that his/her contribution to society is reflected in his/her wages: Minimum.

A person who promotes mandated higher minimum wage is a hypocrite who sees no reality.

A person who now works for minimum wage and wants more, should PROVE that he/she is worth more.

I had jobs like that before I had the chance to go to college. No you wouldn't.

I did. I worked several minimum wage jobs. AT THE TIME they sucked. But having worked jobs that are very important and have higher demands...and higher accountability.....the idea of getting paid to do a job I can show up to half asleep, hungover and have very low accountability sounds awesome.

If I could bag groceries for $15 an hour....sign me up.

A job paying minimum wage properly reflects the worth of that job: MINIMUM. If that job did not exist, the world would still go on with MINIMUM interruption

A person who works for minimum wage should realize that his/her contribution to society is reflected in his/her wages: Minimum.

A person who promotes mandated higher minimum wage is a hypocrite who sees no reality.

A person who now works for minimum wage and wants more, should PROVE that he/she is worth more.
Without the minimum wage workers in this country, you and I would soon be properly humbled and much more appreciative of what they do. We are already inviting millions of immigrants into the country to fill these jobs. Our country would not survive without them.
It may not be bright to double the minimum wage in such a short time, but allowing them to feed their families and not be eligible for welfare while working full-time seems like a reasonable goal.

Don't tell me what I wiil, or won't do. I'll do as I please. You libs don't have total control, yet.

Then you should have went to college, and you wouldn't be flipping burgers and saying welcome to mcdonalds for a living. Your bad decisions in your life should not pay off.

I did. I worked several minimum wage jobs. AT THE TIME they sucked. But having worked jobs that are very important and have higher demands...and higher accountability.....the idea of getting paid to do a job I can show up to half asleep, hungover and have very low accountability sounds awesome.

If I could bag groceries for $15 an hour....sign me up.
You're talking out of your hat and you know it. If you're going to pose an argument on this, at least base it on realistic suppositions.
And you are being highly disrespectful toward the hard working people who clean up after you "very important" people. If I had shown up half asleep and hungover and didn't balance my cash drawer at the end of the night, I wouldn't have been a grocery clerk for long.

Without the minimum wage workers in this country, you and I would soon be properly humbled and much more appreciative of what they do. We are already inviting millions of immigrants into the country to fill these jobs. Our country would not survive without them.
It may not be bright to double the minimum wage in such a short time, but allowing them to feed their families and not be eligible for welfare while working full-time seems like a reasonable goal.

Wrong. Someone will always do it. If all the unskilled labor quits....then the jobs that people want done the most...will pay more so someone will do it.

It's called free market.

If you can't get my order right, then why are you even making 7 bucks an hour? Companies are going to have to pay 15 an hour for someone to screw up my 2 sausage biscuits and 2 sweet teas! I mean, how hard is it to count to two? 2 sausage biscuits should equate to 2 napkins, not one ya morons.

Don't tell me what I wiil, or won't do. I'll do as I please. You libs don't have total control, yet.
Yes, you will do as you please and if you'd be pleased to mop floors, you must be weighing trash bags at a transfer station.

Then you should have went to college, and you wouldn't be flipping burgers and saying welcome to mcdonalds for a living. Your bad decisions in your life should not pay off.
When you learn how to read, get back to us, tiny.

If you're making minimum wage as an adult and you aren't a bored retired person or house wife then you're a fucking loser, period, and you lack the intelligence to understand what a $15 minimum would result in.

Yes, you will do as you please and if you'd be pleased to mop floors, you must be weighing trash bags at a transfer station.

Weighing trash bags at a transfer station doesn't pay enough. However, I drove a garbage truck for a while, because it was offering an above average salary for a truck driver.

Wrong. Someone will always do it. If all the unskilled labor quits....then the jobs that people want done the most...will pay more so someone will do it.

It's called free market.
then the jobs that people want done the most...will pay more so someone will do it.
Like $15 per hour?

Weighing trash bags at a transfer station doesn't pay enough. However, I drove a garbage truck for a while, because it was offering an above average salary for a truck driver.
union

Forum List

Back