Herman Cain: God Convinced Me To Run For President

And that's why they doom themselves to failure. Typical arrogance...failure to belive in things larger than themselves.

Then, philosophically, how can the GOP ever lose?

I mean, if God supports them, who can stand against them?

It's not arrogance. It's logic.

And actually reading the bible people claim to be so fond of.

Dammit Geaux, you're going to get him to START doing THIS shit again and posting NON-sequiters.

He's going to go all thought disorder on us again.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a close relationship with god.

And I feel sorry for anyone that uses God to amass power and wealth on Earth.

What did Christ say about the Millstone?

I would submit that it would be better to have not believed at all then to have perverted the word of God to suit your own Earthly desires.

Uh huh.

One side has a "values voters summit" and the other side has to convice people that their candidate is not a Muslim because he doesn't have a WASPy name.

The Democrats have their share of sleazy things they do. Religious politicking is not one of them.

All political groups have participated in everything sleazy to one degree or another.

I agree. The sleazy religious pandering as of late falls squarely into the corner of the GOP.

No religious pandering to see here...:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKxwECwRLE]Barack Obama Addresses A.M.E. Church General Conference - YouTube[/ame]

I agree. The sleazy religious pandering as of late falls squarely into the corner of the GOP.
It isn't pandering if the man belives it. FAIL.

If Hermann Cain truly believed the word of God, why didn't he surrender his wealth as Christ commanded?
He does as a member of his church...as much as is commanded. And what worry is that of yours? looking to build strawmen for future use against the next President?

The T said:
It isn't pandering if the man belives it.

Correct.

If he believes it, it's delusion.

If he doesn't believe it, then it's pandering.

If it's TRUE, he doesn't say it. He just does it.

That's how we can be sure it's not true. But it remains to be determined whether he believes it, and is delusional, or doesn't, and is pandering.

I'd still put my money on the latter, though.

He does as a member of his church...as much as is commanded. And what worry is that of yours? looking to build strawmen for future use against the next President?

He sold all his possessions?

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

At any rate, we have skipped over something important.

If God supports the GOP, how can they ever lose an election?

The T said:

Correct.

That's how we can be sure it's not true. But it remains to be determined whether he believes it, and is delusional, or doesn't, and is pandering.

All your arguments are false. Professing a higher cause isn't pandering by any stretch. But nice to see it bothers so many here. Perhaps we should chide George Washington or any of the other Founders that made similiar professions?

Where are you on that?

All political groups have participated in everything sleazy to one degree or another.

No religious pandering to see here...:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKxwECwRLE]Barack Obama Addresses A.M.E. Church General Conference - YouTube[/ame]

Speaking in a Church is "religious pandering"?

The bar just got lowered.

The T said:

Correct.

All your arguments are false. Professing a higher cause isn't pandering by any stretch. But nice to see it bothers so many here. Perhaps we should chide George Washington or any of the other Founders that made similiar professions?

Where are you on that?

There is a difference between professing a higher faith and claiming the higher authority endorsed your campaign.

Don't be deliberately obtuse.

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Jackass. I didn't State that. YOU are building strawmen...and using scripture to boot when it doesn't apply.

So please? Stop as you embarass yourself?

Correct.

Where are you on that?

There is a difference between professing a higher faith and claiming the higher authority endorsed your campaign.

Both are mutually inclusive. Deal with it.

Jackass. I didn't State that. YOU are building strawmen...and using scripture to boot when it doesn't apply.

So please? Stop as you embarass yourself?

Embarssing is you refusing to answer a simple question.

If you have a problem with my use of scripture, feel free to demonstrate how I have used it incorrectly.

More likely, it's inconvenient when someone actually points out what is in the bible because it conflicts with what people actually do.

Professing a higher cause isn't pandering by any stretch. But nice to see it bothers so many here. Perhaps we should chide George Washington or any of the other Founders that made similiar professions?

Funny, I don't recall Washington ever claiming that God told him personally to lead the Continental Army, run for president, or do any of the things he did, or to be personally chosen by God in any way. But perhaps you can link us to a quote from him where he did say that.

Cain isn't pandering by "professing a higher cause." He's pandering (or else delusional) by claiming divine election, by claiming to be personally chosen by God to be president. The fact that he's making the claim is proof that it isn't TRUE. Since it's not true, either he believes it (and is therefore delusional), or he doesn't (and is therefore pandering).

Where are you on that?

Both are mutually inclusive. Deal with it.

Then you should be able to answer a very simple question.

Correct.

Where are you on that?

Why don't you ask water to not be wet while you're at it?

Forum List

Back