Herman Cain: God Convinced Me To Run For President

It seems we waste a great deal of money on elections when we should be focusing on discerning who God would vote for.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV9A03h034s]Futurama Prayer[/ame]

The funny thing is? IT bothers YOU.

People belive in something higher than themselves. WHY does it bother you so?

Because neither Hermann Cain or Michelle Bachmann own the notion of God.

It's okay, judgement is reserved for those that use God to try to gain earthly power and wealth.
Who ever said they did other than YOU. YOU are bothered by the fact that they acknowledge thier faith.

Yeah right, they invented religious pandering...hilarious. FDR was a smart man.:D

They didn't invent it. William Jennings Bryan was dead before Robertson was born. They just re-introduced it into American politics.

You can dismiss what I say if you want, but it's the truth. Look at the quantifiable rhetoric about religion and faith in elections prior to Jerry Fallwell's involvement in politics.
It Never left politics from the Founding.

As I said: "quantifiable rhetoric".

It's okay, judgement is reserved for those that use God to try to gain earthly power and wealth.
Who ever said they did other than YOU. YOU are bothered by the fact that they acknowledge thier faith.

If God is all powerful, and God told them to run, then anyone that opposes them, by that logic, opposes God.

I don't believe God told them to run.

But then again, I've actually read the bible.

Oh, he certainly pandered.

Just not about religion.

The cynical religious pandering in American politics is a recent rebirth that came about with the rise of the Moral Majority and the Pat Robertson campaign.

Yeah right, they invented religious pandering...hilarious. FDR was a smart man.:D

They didn't invent it. William Jennings Bryan was dead before Robertson was born. They just re-introduced it into American politics.

You can dismiss what I say if you want, but it's the truth. Look at the quantifiable rhetoric about religion and faith in elections prior to Jerry Fallwell's involvement in politics.

I think you're confusing blatancy with stealthiness. One group uses it with no abandon, and the other is more clever and uses it at the opportune moments.

It Never left politics from the Founding.

As I said: "quantifiable rhetoric".
There is nothing quantifiable...you are putting human terms on something that is beyond your understanding...thus YOU are bothered by it. Typical arrogance and vanity.

I think you're confusing blatancy with stealthiness. One group uses it with no abandon, and the other is more clever and uses it at the opportune moments.

Uh huh.

One side has a "values voters summit" and the other side has to convice people that their candidate is not a Muslim because he doesn't have a WASPy name.

The Democrats have their share of sleazy things they do. Religious politicking is not one of them.

There is nothing quantifiable...you are putting human terms on something that is beyond your understanding...thus YOU are bothered by it. Typical arrogance and vanity.

The things that people say in public are certainly quantfiable.

I'll give you and example: we can certainly count the number of time a candidate references God.

You attempt to sound intelligent and philosophical on this matter just fell flat on it's face.

Again, I don't care what someone's faith is. I care that they use it to gin up votes.

Uh huh.

One side has a "values voters summit" and the other side has to convice people that their candidate is not a Muslim because he doesn't have a WASPy name.

The Democrats have their share of sleazy things they do. Religious politicking is not one of them.
And that's why they doom themselves to failure. Typical arrogance...failure to belive in things larger than themselves.

If God really did speak to a candidate and get him to run, the last thing he or she would do would be to tell the world. Anyone who says that's what happened is either delusional or lying. Only among those who don't make that claim is there any possibility that it is true.

Uh huh.

All political groups have participated in everything sleazy to one degree or another.

Uh huh.

And that's why they doom themselves to failure. Typical arrogance...failure to belive in things larger than themselves.

Then, philosophically, how can the GOP ever lose?

I mean, if God supports them, who can stand against them?

It's not arrogance. It's logic.

And actually reading the bible people claim to be so fond of.

If God really did speak to a candidate and get him to run, the last thing he or she would do would be to tell the world. Anyone who says that's what happened is either delusional or lying. Only among those who don't make that claim is there any possibility that it is true.
The only reason why YOU would submit this is that YOU would be embarrassed to admit there are larger things in the universe other than MAN. YOU project well...but FAIL by your own ingnorance and intolerance of a man that has chosen to heed the call.

Uh huh.

All political groups have participated in everything sleazy to one degree or another.

I agree. The sleazy religious pandering as of late falls squarely into the corner of the GOP.

Uh huh.

Then, philosophically, how can the GOP ever lose?

I mean, if God supports them, who can stand against them?

It's not arrogance. It's logic.

And actually reading the bible people claim to be so fond of.

Dammit Geaux, you're going to get him to START doing THIS shit again and posting NON-sequiters.

Uh huh.

I agree. The sleazy religious pandering as of late falls squarely into the corner of the GOP.
It isn't pandering if the man belives it. FAIL.

I don't care about their personal beliefs. I care that they are so brazen as to claim that God has told them to be President. I guess Bachmann wants to elevate herself on the same platform as David.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a close relationship with god.

[The only reason why YOU would submit this is that YOU would be embarrassed to admit there are larger things in the universe other than MAN.

No, the only reason I post that is because I am NOT embarrassed to say that there are larger things in the universe than man.

See, only someone who thought, not only that there is nothing larger in the universe than man, but that there is nothing in the universe larger than HIMSELF, would be arrogant enough to claim that God chose him to run for president.

If God really did do that, it would strike the recipient with awe and humility, and he would never say a word about it to anyone, but simply do as he was bid and let God handle the rest.

It's not impossible that someone is so chosen. But it won't be anyone who says so.

Forum List

Back