Here's some good eatin' right here

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
My wife and I stopped at a garage sale out in the country this morning. When we left, I caught something out of he corner of my eye, in the woods off to the side of the highway. I pulled over, walked across the ditch, and there was a large clump of golden oyster mushrooms growing out of a dead tree. The clump measures 19" high by 9" wide, and weighs 4 pounds. They're currently in a paper bag in the fridge until I clean them.

Not as good as morels, but these are still pretty tasty.

mushroom1.jpg

mushroom2.jpg

mushroom3.jpg

Mushrooms are the one thing I absolutely won't harvest wild. I love my liver and don't trust my ability to sort through the nuance of which ones are safe and which ones are death.

My wife and I stopped at a garage sale out in the country this morning. When we left, I caught something out of he corner of my eye, in the woods off to the side of the highway. I pulled over, walked across the ditch, and there was a large clump of golden oyster mushrooms growing out of a dead tree. The clump measures 19" high by 9" wide, and weighs 4 pounds. They're currently in a paper bag in the fridge until I clean them.

Not as good as morels, but these are still pretty tasty.

View attachment 791098
View attachment 791099
View attachment 791101
Do you see colors are you eat 'em? Hahaha

Mushrooms are the one thing I absolutely won't harvest wild. I love my liver and don't trust my ability to sort through the nuance of which ones are safe and which ones are death.

There aren't any toxic lookalikes for golden oyster mushrooms. There are a couple that that have slight slimilarities, but they won’t harm you if eaten.

Forum List

Back