a list of 13 wine regions - which names sound good to you?

I choose these names ....

• Ahr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Franconia

• Mittel-Rhein

• Mosel

• Nahe

• Saale-Unstrut

• Saxony

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Yes, you may just go for the names

The 13 major wine regions (Anbaugebiete) are Ahr, Baden, Franconia, Hessische Bergstraße, Mittelrhein, Mosel, Nahe, Palatinate, Rheingau, Rheinhessen, Saale-Unstrut, Saxony, and Württemberg. With the exceptions of Saxony and Saale-Unstrut, most of Germany's major wine regions are located in the western part of the country.

Ahr, Baden, Franconia, Hessische Bergstraße, Mittelrhein, Mosel, Nahe, Palatinate, Rheingau, Rheinhessen, Saale-Unstrut, Saxony, and Württemberg

You seem to have no idea what is good.
Are you still thinking in terms of WWI?

:oops:
I only drink California and Oregon wine.... I do not like French or European wines very much... too heavy for my taste...

Here are the wine districts of Baden:

Badische Bergstraße
  • Hohenberg
  • Mannaberg
  • Rittersberg
  • Stiftsberg
Bodensee
  • Sonnenufer
Breisgau
  • Burg Lichteneck
  • Burg Zähringen
  • Schutterlindenberg
Kaiserstuhl
  • Vulkanfelsen
Kraichgau

Markgräflerland
  • Attilafelsen
  • Burg Neuenfels
  • Lorettoberg
  • Vogtei Rötteln
Ortenau
  • Fürsteneck
  • Schloss Rodeck
Tauberfranken
  • Tauberklinge
Tuniberg

Is Blue Nun a german wine?

Here comes the answer:

Blue Nun is an historic wine brand from Germany. It has been associated for much of its history with a single, semi-sweet Liebfraumilch wine, but today encompasses a range of styles from several countries.

The brand was first launched in the early 1920s by H. Sichel Söhne of Mainz as a consumer-friendly wine without the long, complicated name usually associated with German wines. Blue Nun was extremely popular in the USA and UK from the end of World War Two, throughout the 20th Century.

Why is nobody voting? :(

You do not have to know anything about German wine here! :)

Only say whether you like the name. :)

Can you imagine how frustrating it is the make such a list - and then NOBODY votes? :(

Of course there is no obligation to vote.
But is it so much work just to click onto something?

:cool:

You seem to have no idea what is good.
Are you still thinking in terms of WWI?

:oops:
No - he just isn't aware, from where the US Grape-Vines in majority come from :D
Many Americans do not regard wine as something exquisite - but buy it in gallon format at the supermarket.
So cheap, (therefore light) and sweet is the general approach.

However interestingly some of this gallon format wine - isn't bad either - just no European wine culture associated with it.

See how these wild people, degraded our Haute Cuisine - Wienerwuerstel&Bratwurst - to Hotdogs. or Buletten to Hamburgers :smoke:

I am pleased to see that we have 2 voters now. :)

So my list was not in vain. :)

Forum List

Back