Here’s a sob story about a college%educated professional who can’t support his four kids without the enchanted government child support

I think he makes less than a software engineer but probably thinks he can live like one.
They could solve their problems if the wife would just be willing to take a part-time job. Jobs are going begging, and paying well above minimum.

It’s a tax credit. Who said anything about other people funding child support payments?
It’s fully refundable - meaning they can get back more than the taxes they owe.

But even if not, they are getting away with paying $13,000 (or more) less in taxes - and so other people have to make that up. That’s how they’re funding it. Or else the government just prints more money and drives inflation, and that’s how they’re paying it, via higher prices.

Are you progressives really so stupid that you think tens of millions of people can be given government money, and nobody is paying the price for that? OMG.

She has a job! It's called raising a family.
But she had more kids than she can afford, so now she has to get another job - a part-time one while the kids are in school.

I could have just as well said that “my job” was to get good grades while I was in college, so someone else has to give me money.

It’s fully refundable - meaning they can get back more than the taxes they owe.

But even if not, they are getting away with paying $13,000 (or more) less in taxes - and so other people have to make that up. That’s how they’re funding it. Or else the government just prints more money and drives inflation, and that’s how they’re paying it, via higher prices.

Are you progressives really so stupid that you think tens of millions of people can be given government money, and nobody is paying the price for that? OMG.
Did your taxes go up in order to “make that up”?

Did your taxes go up in order to “make that up”?
I just explained how the various ways that people NOT getting the enchanted handouts are paying for it. One is via the inflation that has been made worse. The bigger one, for me, is that the Fed will hike rates to get Bideninflation under control, and that has already cost middle-income people a ton in a dropping stock market.

All you’re proving is that leftists have no clue about economics, or cause and effect. You fools think you can just hand out billions and billions in expanded welfare to millions of people, and that it doesn’t come at a cost to others.

Finally, back to the tax question. The six-figure parents who now don’t have to pay taxes, while I still do, means that I am paying more of a share of all taxes paid. Why should the burden shift more to retirees so that mothers in a six-figure HHI should get even MORE of a tax break?

I just explained how the various ways that people NOT getting the enchanted handouts are paying for it. One is via the inflation that has been made worse. The bigger one, for me, is that the Fed will hike rates to get Bideninflation under control, and that has already cost middle-income people a ton in a dropping stock market.

All you’re proving is that leftists have no clue about economics, or cause and effect. You fools think you can just hand out billions and billions in expanded welfare to millions of people, and that it doesn’t come at a cost to others.

Finally, back to the tax question. The six-figure parents who now don’t have to pay taxes, while I still do, means that I am paying more of a share of all taxes paid. Why should the burden shift more to retirees so that mothers in a six-figure HHI should get even MORE of a tax break?
Good point. We need more people living in poverty so that you don’t have to pay 5% more for hamburger.

God has all the power to create universes yet he still begs for your money at church....Funny how that works.
It is better when one parent is a stay-at-home parent to help raise a family compared to when both parents work...
Not since feminism reared its ugly head into insanity.

Good point. We need more people living in poverty so that you don’t have to pay 5% more for hamburger.
That comment needs to be taken by tapestries of time. Without all of the corruption we would be paying half the price for hamburger that we do today easily.

1) Don’t even try that poverty line with me. This enhanced child support is going to families earning well into the six figures. If the libs were about reducing child poverty, why did they extend the enhanced handout to affluent families?

2) And the kids of a software engineer are not living in poverty. Give me a f’in break.

3) Good attempt at diminishing the big jump in gas and food on moderate earners. Libs are so WEIRD. Here they are, crying that a college-level professional needs more of a handout, and yet they shrug at moderate earners having trouble paying the grocery bill.

4) Finally, and I know this is all above your comprehension, I explained how the handouts to affluent families in their prime earning years has exacerbated inflation, which will force increases in the fed rate, and drive down the retirement portfolio of responsible, middle earners who saved their whole lives.

You people are either demented or stupid.

1) Don’t even try that poverty line with me. This enhanced child support is going to families earning well into the six figures. If the libs were about reducing child poverty, why did they extend the enhanced handout to affluent families?

2) And the kids of a software engineer are not living in poverty. Give me a f’in break.

3) Good attempt at diminishing the big jump in gas and food on moderate earners. Libs are so WEIRD. Here they are, crying that a college-level professional needs more of a handout, and yet they shrug at moderate earners having trouble paying the grocery bill.

4) Finally, and I know this is all above your comprehension, I explained how the handouts to affluent families in their prime earning years has exacerbated inflation, which will force increases in the fed rate, and drive down the retirement portfolio of responsible, middle earners who saved their whole lives.

You people are either demented or stupid.
But it’s not a handout to affluent families since it’s just a tax credit for them.

Were you complaining about the “handouts” when Republicans cut taxes in 2018?

At the end of the day, you’re mad about inflation being caused by people having more money.

But it’s not a handout to affluent families since it’s just a tax credit for them.

Were you complaining about the “handouts” when Republicans cut taxes in 2018?

At the end of the day, you’re mad about inflation being caused by people having more money.
The 2018 Tax Cuts caused an economic boom in Black neighborhoods; not ShitCago.

Has no one noticed one of the biggest reasons why a single income can't easily support a family? What would take 30 odd percent of a low six figure income that couldn't be avoided?

Wah. Give me more govt tit and free money. I pay more in premiums than they do and uncovered drug for my wife.

Cry me a river.

Forum List

Back