Here comes the XFL again.....

There are supposed to be a few different rule changes from the NFL. It is possible if any are feasible the NFL may adopt one or more at some point.
Let me guess

They are going to protect the QB more

2 forward passes, as long as both occur behind the line of scrimmage.

No extra point kicks. 1 point attempt from the 2, 2 point attempt from the 5, 3 point attempt from the 10.

25 second play clock.

5 single-play possessions for each team in OT.

Some of them are interesting.

XFL Announces Rules For 2020 Season

Not sure of the value of two forward passes behind the line of scrimmage. Two passes from anywhere might be interesting

I like the different values for extra points. Means you could get up to nine on a TD

25 sec means you are in no huddle. Looks good but hard to substitute.

From what I read, the WRs will all have headsets in their helmets so they get to hear the plays like a QB. That will allow them to have a bit more leeway than a traditional no-huddle.

Same with the D.

Anyone going to watch?
I know I will because we have a team in Houston,for the cities without a team I can see them tuning out.
They supposedly put a lot more thought into it this time around. The last time the teams only had a month to play together before the season kicked off. A complete recipe for disaster.
And with the increased dissatisfaction around the country with the NFL they couldnt be bringing it in at a better time.

We'll see I guess. It has to be better than arena football.

Last time it didn't last very long.
Those assholes stole the helmet and umpire cameras I developed for the NFL too. But it was OK because FOX and the NFL didn't live up to their end either. They're all assholes.

Watching it now
Like watching a college game.
Don’t see much difference with new rules

I’ll give it another 20 minutes

Anyone going to watch?
I know I will because we have a team in Houston,for the cities without a team I can see them tuning out.
They supposedly put a lot more thought into it this time around. The last time the teams only had a month to play together before the season kicked off. A complete recipe for disaster.
And with the increased dissatisfaction around the country with the NFL they couldnt be bringing it in at a better time.

Those assholes stole the helmet and umpire cameras I developed for the NFL too. But it was OK because FOX and the NFL didn't live up to their end either. They're all assholes.

I was surprised to learn the NFL took the camera idea from the XFL.

Watching it now

OK, I’m done
Not too bad but not something I would go out of my way to watch

Watching it now

Do you have a team in your city?
My interest would go way down if we didnt have a team in Houston.
We have a team in NJ

We used to have a USFL team called the NJ Generals
They were owned by Donald Trump

Watching it now

Do you have a team in your city?
My interest would go way down if we didnt have a team in Houston.
We have a team in NJ

We used to have a USFL team called the NJ Generals
They were owned by Donald Trump

The Guardians are kicking the shit out of the Vipers last I checked.

I didn’t watch. Totally forgot. I might try next weekend.

There's two games today.

I was out this weekend seeing the little one I used to nanny. I'll have to wait for the next batch of games to catch one. I don't know how much I'll watch, though, with no team I'm rooting for; it's more for curiosity than any sense I'll watch long term. :)

Anyone going to watch?

No Fox sports doing the NFL games did it first then the company that was running them walked off with them and they showed up in the XFL games. I personally made each camera myself. We tested it in germany with the so called European league, owned by the NFL. I put camers on the offensive QB and the Ump. Then they brought it to the US but only the umps wore them as the players are are free agents. But with the XFL the players are employees of the league so they apperared on the players again. I was not involved with that but they did steal the cameras from me or rather the company I worked for at the time, Omnivision.

Anyone going to watch?

No Fox sports doing the NFL games did it first then the company that was running them walked off with them and they showed up in the XFL games. I personally made each camera myself. We tested it in germany with the so called European league, owned by the NFL. I put camers on the offensive QB and the Ump. Then they brought it to the US but only the umps wore them as the players are are free agents. But with the XFL the players are employees of the league so they apperared on the players again. I was not involved with that but they did steal the cameras from me or rather the company I worked for at the time, Omnivision.

I was referring to the cameras on the cables that follow the action. I believe they are referred to as sky cams.

Anyone going to watch?

I was referring to the cameras on the cables that follow the action. I believe they are referred to as sky cams.

If you look at the camera that is on your smart phone it would be no problem putting a tiny camera on a helmet

Get the view of what the QB sees looking down field
The hole a running back is going through
The ball as it approaches a wide receiver

Anyone going to watch?

Yep but those may have happened in Europe first. I saw them in use at a rugby match in Paris in 2000 or so. I dont attend many sporting events so I'm definately no expert. However, I did see those cameras being used around the turn of the millennium in Paris. I remember it was when all of that mad cow thing was going on. After the rugby match my French rep asked me if I wanted to go have some crazy cow for dinner. LOL Those crazy people don't sit down for dinner until 9 or 10PM.

Anyone going to watch?

If you look at the camera that is on your smart phone it would be no problem putting a tiny camera on a helmet

Get the view of what the QB sees looking down field
The hole a running back is going through
The ball as it approaches a wide receiver

Back then it was a little harder because the resolution wasn't very high. All we could manage then always standard definition TV about VGA or 640X480. Today they're getting HDTV in a cube about 2.5mm X 3mm and that includes the lens. Fabricated by the thousands on a 12" silicon wafer. The same size as the helmet camera back then does many mega pixels today.
Here are my patents for the helmet and umpire cameras if anyone is interested.
United States Patent: 6704044

United States Patent: 6819354

Anyone going to watch?

Joxit

They need a set of minor leagues to replace college football; spectator sports have no place in any educational institution.

Anyone going to watch?

Joxit

They need a set of minor leagues to replace college football; spectator sports have no place in any educational institution.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one.
Sports teach valuable life lessons and allow many students a chance to go to college who otherwise wouldnt be able to.

we NEED a new league,screw the corrupt NFL cartel. get a league of owners who care about history and tradition and put THAT first over some BS fancy state of the art stadium that these corrupt mother fuckers put priority over. and a league that doesnt give a certain team all the calls all the time and the opponents never get them.

tired of that bullshit. thats why i say COLLEGEBALL all the way. at least THEY wont up and and leave for another city,they will always be in the same city and state all the time.:thup:

Hopefully the XFL will follow their lead.

Forum List

Back