Here comes the XFL again.....

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Anyone going to watch?
I know I will because we have a team in Houston,for the cities without a team I can see them tuning out.
They supposedly put a lot more thought into it this time around. The last time the teams only had a month to play together before the season kicked off. A complete recipe for disaster.
And with the increased dissatisfaction around the country with the NFL they couldnt be bringing it in at a better time.

We'll see I guess. It has to be better than arena football.

Anyone going to watch?
I know I will because we have a team in Houston,for the cities without a team I can see them tuning out.
They supposedly put a lot more thought into it this time around. The last time the teams only had a month to play together before the season kicked off. A complete recipe for disaster.
And with the increased dissatisfaction around the country with the NFL they couldnt be bringing it in at a better time.

I have no interest whatsoever. I actually kind of enjoyed Arena Football. I went to a couple of the Arizona Rattlers games when I lived in Phoenix. It was a LOT of fun.

Dear Investors,

Hi, it's us again. Do you have a bunch of money you can piss away?

Sincerely,

the XFL

Anyone going to watch?

I have no interest whatsoever. I actually kind of enjoyed Arena Football. I went to a couple of the Arizona Rattlers games when I lived in Phoenix. It was a LOT of fun.

I like the full field version.
I really hope they put a watchable product on the field. It sure would help pass the time in the NFL offseason.
People watch college ball fanatically!!! These guys should be every bit as talented but they dont have the school loyalty to bring in the fans.
And there are plenty of recognizable names in the XFL to make it a bit more familiar to your average NFL viewer.
Not to mention the pay scale. QB's will be making in the million range with the lower players still making 50k which should provide some incentive.
Actually looking forward to Saturday.

2020 Houston Roughnecks Schedule | FBSchedules.com

In all seriousness, I wish them well b/c I very much enjoy listening to sporting events when I am not listening to classical.

In all seriousness, I wish them well b/c I very much enjoy listening to sporting events when I am not listening to classical.

The only sporting event I'll listen to on the radio is baseball.
As far as classical goes?
I sleep at night.

Yeah, baseball is great on the radio and the main way I keep track of the Buccos. NHL is pretty spectacular on the radio as well.

Classical isn't everyone's thing, but I love it and learning new pieces for the piano.

There are supposed to be a few different rule changes from the NFL. It is possible if any are feasible the NFL may adopt one or more at some point.

There are supposed to be a few different rule changes from the NFL. It is possible if any are feasible the NFL may adopt one or more at some point.
Let me guess

They are going to protect the QB more

Let me guess

2 forward passes, as long as both occur behind the line of scrimmage.

No extra point kicks. 1 point attempt from the 2, 2 point attempt from the 5, 3 point attempt from the 10.

25 second play clock.

5 single-play possessions for each team in OT.

Some of them are interesting.

XFL Announces Rules For 2020 Season

Let me guess

No extra point kicks. 1 point attempt from the 2, 2 point attempt from the 5, 3 point attempt from the 10.

25 second play clock.

That 25 second play clock will mercifully help to cut the game time. Include less commercials for the XFL then the NFL, the games may be at least a half hour shorter.

Let me guess

25 second play clock.

Not sure of the value of two forward passes behind the line of scrimmage. Two passes from anywhere might be interesting

I like the different values for extra points. Means you could get up to nine on a TD

25 sec means you are in no huddle. Looks good but hard to substitute.

Let me guess

25 second play clock.

Not sure of the value of two forward passes behind the line of scrimmage. Two passes from anywhere might be interesting

I like the different values for extra points. Means you could get up to nine on a TD

25 sec means you are in no huddle. Looks good but hard to substitute.

From what I read, the WRs will all have headsets in their helmets so they get to hear the plays like a QB. That will allow them to have a bit more leeway than a traditional no-huddle.

Let me guess

25 second play clock.

That 25 second play clock will mercifully help to cut the game time. Include less commercials for the XFL then the NFL, the games may be at least a half hour shorter.

Weirdly enough the game was still three hours long.
But I'm OK with that. It's not the length of the game it's all the forken commercials!!!

I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised!!! The RoughNecks stomping a mud hole in the LA Wildcats helped with my glowing endorsement of course.
The officiating was good other than two obvious pass interference none calls but over all they let em play.
The games are fast paced which made it difficult to go take a leak but I can live with that.
The rules are actually pretty cool. The punt rules make it much more appealing to go for it on 4th down rather than punting which I liked.
The kick off was a little weird but I can see it leading to more returns for TD's.

I'll keep watching. It eats up two and a half months of football purgatory and thats always welcome.

Interesting seeing new rules adding a new perspective to the game

Kickoffs and punts in the NFL are not interesting. Like to see how it works in the XFL

How often did they go for two or three on the extra point?

Forum List

Back