Heartbeat act fails in Nebraska

Morals are made up by PEOPLE.
Well, who do they think they are telling me any murder is wrong, or lying, cheating, stealing, that is their morality, mine says those things are ok, and necessary, how can they prove me wrong, as that is my morality being a person, and you said yourself people make up morals? Why do I have to ascribe to what someone else says?

Well, who do they think they are telling me any murder is wrong, or lying, cheating, stealing, that is their morality, mine says those things are ok, and necessary, how can they prove me wrong, as that is my morality being a person, and you said yourself people make up morals? Why do I have to ascribe to what someone else says?

We've been over this.

As humans developed and stationary societies replaced nomadic tribes it was quickly learned that there had to be a different code of conduct enforced so that the society would thrive so laws were created to discourage undesirable behaviors like theft and murder and whatever else was deemed detrimental.

These became so ingrained in societal cultures that they became what you call morals.

No gods needed.

" Invoking Personification To Grant Oneself Absolution "

* Emulation Of Being And Becoming Through Some Transition *

Again I cannot force them to do anything, however morality is built in them by God, what they do with that is up to them, that does not change the fact that morals are God given, and absolute.
Infanticide is disturbingly common in nature. It's typically committed by males that take over a pride or pack and kill whatever babies are present to make room for the ones they plan to father.

And unlike mothers in the marmoset, meerkat and social-carnivore species who kill the competing females' offspring, the tamarins killed their own.

That people have different morals in no way means they are not made up by men in fact it actually confirms it.

If every person was given some sort of hard wired moral code by a god then there would be no differences among people.

And you don't have to ascribe to what someone else says I never said you did but you have no right to force your morals on others either. The only thing you have to comply with are the laws of the society in which you live.

So IOW if YOU think abortion is amoral then don't get one but don't tell someone else they are prohibited from getting one.

We've been over this.

As humans developed and stationary societies replaced nomadic tribes it was quickly learned that there had to be a different code of conduct enforced so that the society would thrive so laws were created to discourage undesirable behaviors like theft and murder and whatever else was deemed detrimental.

These became so ingrained in societal cultures that they became what you call morals.

No gods needed.
What made them think that code of conduct was needed, who were they to say which conduct or undesirable behaviors needed governing what made them think it was wrong?

That people have different morals in no way means they are not made up by men in fact it actually confirms it.

If every person was given some sort of hard wired moral code by a god then there would be no differences among people.

And you don't have to ascribe to what someone else says I never said you did but you have no right to force your morals on others either. The only thing you have to comply with are the laws of the society in which you live.

So IOW if YOU think abortion is amoral then don't get one but don't tell someone else they are prohibited from getting one.
There are certain things that are absolutely morally wrong, where did that come from, someone just decided hey I think that is wrong so I am going to restrict people from doing it whether they agree or not. No it is ingrained in us it is the innate knowledge of right and wrong that God gave humans. You have no right to force your immorality onto others.

" Invoking Personification To Grant Oneself Absolution "

* Emulation Of Being And Becoming Through Some Transition *

Infanticide is disturbingly common in nature. It's typically committed by males that take over a pride or pack and kill whatever babies are present to make room for the ones they plan to father.

And unlike mothers in the marmoset, meerkat and social-carnivore species who kill the competing females' offspring, the tamarins killed their own.
So now wea re of the same brain function as animals? :slap:
:auiqs.jpg:

What morals am I forcing on anyone!

What made them think that code of conduct was needed, who were they to say which conduct or undesirable behaviors needed governing what made them think it was wrong?
The survival and success of the society. The recognized leaders of any society have always enacted laws that govern the people.

There are certain things that are absolutely morally wrong, where did that come from, someone just decided hey I think that is wrong so I am going to restrict people from doing it whether they agree or not. No it is ingrained in us it is the innate knowledge of right and wrong that God gave humans. You have no right to force your immorality onto others.
There is nothing that is absolutely morally wrong.

All morals are relative and morals have changed as humans have evolved

Tell me how is allowing people to make their own choices defined as "forcing my morality" on people? It is YOU who want to force people to do what YOU think they should do.

Last edited:
The survival and success of the society. The recognized leaders of any society have always enacted laws that govern the people.
How did they know right from wrong? Who were they to say their was the best? Why did those leaders understand what was right and wrong

How did they know right from wrong? Who were they to say their was the best? Why did those leaders understand what was right and wrong
Trial and error.

Really people don't need a god to tell them that allowing people to murder and steal with impunity is not good for the success of a society.

Trial and error.

Really people don't need a god to tell them that allowing people to murder and steal with impunity is not good for the success of a society.
How would they know better, I mean without some moral sense, where did the idea that killing and stealing were wrong come from. I mean if morals are subjective, who can possibly tell ME killing someone or stealing is wrong?

Forum List

Back