Heartbeat act fails in Nebraska

I know you're obsessed with this subject matter, but calling people with the opposite opinion names is never wise or productive; It just makes your opinion appear more invalid.
I'll ask again...

Do you believe a baby can be killed and have its organs harvested up until the moment of birth?

I'll ask again...

Do you believe a baby can be killed and have its organs harvested up until the moment of birth?
I'm quite certain that would be a decision for the mother to make wether it was by abortion or any other cause. The scientists and doctor's require their permission before some good use of the fetus can be made. You make it sound gruesome, but it's not; it's simply pragmatic and making the best of a bad situation. I am an organ donor, are you ?

I'm quite certain that would be a decision for the mother to make wether it was by abortion or any other cause. The scientists and doctor's require their permission before some good use of the fetus can be made.
You saying you support people being able to grow babies to term only to abort and dissect them?

You saying you support people being able to grow babies to term only to abort and dissect them?
You cannot be that ignorant. Something had to go terribly wrong with a fetus or woman to wait that long before aborting a fetus. It's not just because of a whim as you seem to indicate. Many terrible birth defects go undetected until the 30 week checkup.

You cannot be that ignorant. Something had to go terribly wrong with a fetus or woman to wait that long before aborting a fetus. It's not just because of a whim as you seem to indicate. Many terrible birth defects go undetected until the 30 week checkup.
You saying I'm ignorant is a complement... because it comes from you.

Yes or No, If a mom decides with her doctor to grow a baby only to cut it up and sell its organs, do you support that?

You saying I'm ignorant is a complement... because it comes from you.

Yes or No, If a mom decides with her doctor to grow a baby only to cut it up and sell its organs, do you support that?
No one does this, you're believing insane lies. I can't help you. Might be best if you didn't attempt to discuss this subject because you're allowing your emotions and imagination ( negative ) to rule over any sense of reason you have left.

I know you're obsessed with this subject matter, but calling people with the opposite opinion names is never wise or productive; It just makes your opinion appear more invalid.
Yeah, well, thankfully the facts are in evidence - what you said was objectively false and stupid, completely at odds with reality, and you are mentally retarded.

Opinion need not be entered into it.

Yeah, well, thankfully the facts are in evidence - what you said was objectively false and stupid, completely at odds with reality, and you are mentally retarded.

Opinion need not be entered into it.
So you're a psychiatrist who's examined me. That means you are NO ONE.

Or....The old ass-bags could let the public decide by a straight up or down vote.....Like SCOTUS intended.
SCOTUS never said that and only 26 states even have statewide referendum. Notice it wasn't a demanded referendum vote in Nebraska, and I am sure the legislature in that RED state did not want it put to the people, either. Tennessee doesn't have ballot initiative referendum and I actually doubt a heartbeat bill would pass in this RED state. Do you think it would pass in Virginia?

SCOTUS never said that and only 26 states even have statewide referendum. Notice it wasn't a demanded referendum vote in Nebraska, and I am sure the legislature in that RED state did not want it put to the people, either. Tennessee doesn't have ballot initiative referendum and I actually doubt a heartbeat bill would pass in this RED state. Do you think it would pass in Virginia?
Here in Nebraska we have low abortion rates and although a republican-dominated state, most people agree the matter should be decided by the woman involved and her doctor. I can only assume most cases are due to problems of the fetus and / or the woman. I wish other states would approach this whole issue like California, Maryland and New Hampshire have done. They don't allow dissemination of abortion statistics in their states. It's a HIPPA violation and they are correct to enforce it. These statistics are used by the anti- choice crowd as part of their propaganda.

Here in Nebraska we have low abortion rates and although a republican-dominated state, most people agree the matter should be decided by the woman involved and her doctor. I can only assume most cases are due to problems of the fetus and / or the woman. I wish other states would approach this whole issue like California, Maryland and New Hampshire have done. They don't allow dissemination of abortion statistics in their states. It's a HIPPA violation and they are correct to enforce it. These statistics are used by the anti- choice crowd as part of their propaganda.
You guys sound like a sensible state. Probably why they wanted to do it in the legislature, where Nebraskans would not get in the way, but still could not pull it off.

You guys sound like a sensible state. Probably why they wanted to do it in the legislature, where Nebraskans would not get in the way, but still could not pull it off.
Correct, the governor said we are a pro-life state and pushed the legislation through. During his campaign he promised the abortion bill would be reasonable. 6weeks isn't very reasonable. He lied like most republicans are doing these days. Even some of the churches and the entire medical community of the state were against this bill. I'm glad it failed. People deserve to make the important decisions like this themselves without government interference. Thank you and good night.

" If it ain't broke, you don't fix it. " I know that's a Missouri saying, they used to have common sense.

Abortion is gonna sink the gop like the Titanic in '24.....Abortion....The gop's iceberg and the gift that keeps on giving for the dems.

I bet every statehouse in the land has gop members who paid for a abortion for a "mistake" they made along the line.

The gop better pull it's head out of it's ass.
It's a sad day the human race runs it's democracy and voting on killing it's own. Why have so many gone so sick?

Funny you should mention that a 6 week embryo ( not yet a fetus ) is about 1 inch long and a third of that length is it's TAIL.

If a fetus is going to be a human baby then why kill it? Imagine if someone cut down your tomato plants before the tomato formed and told you, "Oh, that's not a tomato, it's just a plant with a little bump on the end of the stem?"

You should simply look up the developmental changes that are occurring at 6 weeks and see for yourself. The truth will set you free from the propaganda that you've heard. At 6 weeks the embryo's heart has no chambers, it resembles the " heart " of an earthworm, a simple pumping mechanism. Very insufficient mixing poorly oxygenated blood with oxygenated blood. Fluttery whooshes of blood, not anything like a human heartbeat. It won't be until the 17th. To 20th. Week when the heart is fully formed and has 4 chambers.Then the term " heartbeat " is correct. But the fetus still isn't a person.
You Stann were once a fertilized egg with all the DNA, potential and promise that you have become, a zygote, an embryo, a fetus. It required all those stages for you or any other human being on Earth to be a human being on Earth. Who among us has the authority to see at what precise point of human development, a 'person' exists?

You Stann were once a fertilized egg with all the DNA, potential and promise that you have become, a zygote, an embryo, a fetus. It required all those stages for you or any other human being on Earth to be a human being on Earth. Who among us has the authority to see at what precise point of human development, a 'person' exists?
See post # 58.

Forum List

Back