"Heart of Stone" with Gal Gadot - currently available on Netflix

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Heart of Stone just dropped on Netflix.

From a member on another board:

If you like out of the gate, non-stop, intense action, this one could possibly be worth your time. I'm talking 87% hard charging action and 13% story line development.

I mean, like after the first 15 minutes we were beginning to wonder if we had somehow fast forwarded to the end.
smiley_abused.gif

And yes, it of course requires a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief, just like most movies do these days.

But IMHO it you are simply in the mood to be solely entertained, and like watching Gal act (who doesn't) you might want to check this one out.
- Butternut

I'm two episodes behind on Domina (great MGM+ Roman era show) so I don't know if I get to it tonight or not but I plan to.

Meh... looks like yet another Femdom "woman power" movies.
Where a pretty, 110 lb. tiny woman beats up 220 lb. men like they are made of sticks.

No thanks.

Where a pretty, 110 lb. tiny woman beats up 220 lb. men like they are made of sticks.

No thanks.

Yes.....Netflix has had about a half dozen of these girl power action films and they aren't that great....but they should keep trying, they might one day make a movie as interesting as the one with Ellen Ripley...from Alien and Aliens.....

Yes.....Netflix has had about a half dozen of these girl power action films and they aren't that great....but they should keep trying, they might one day make a movie as interesting as the one with Ellen Ripley...from Alien and Aliens.....
Meh... if they made Alien today, Ripley would be a non binary "they" who fights transphobic robots instead of aliens.

Meh... if they made Alien today, Ripley would be a non binary "they" who fights transphobic robots instead of aliens.

With an all female crew, or just one white guy who was weak and the butt of all their jokes...

No thanks.
Since I value storyline, script, and acting above action, it sounds line something I would hate.

Heart of Stone just dropped on Netflix.

From a member on another board:

If you like out of the gate, non-stop, intense action, this one could possibly be worth your time. I'm talking 87% hard charging action and 13% story line development.

I mean, like after the first 15 minutes we were beginning to wonder if we had somehow fast forwarded to the end.
smiley_abused.gif

And yes, it of course requires a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief, just like most movies do these days.

But IMHO it you are simply in the mood to be solely entertained, and like watching Gal act (who doesn't) you might want to check this one out.
- Butternut

I'm two episodes behind on Domina (great MGM+ Roman era show) so I don't know if I get to it tonight or not but I plan to.

I tried to watch it.....it was lame from the get go........

I tried to watch it.....it was lame from the get go........
Ah ha!

I liked it well enough for netflix fare but I've seen others with sort of the same complaint. It seemed like it should have ended in the first 15 minutes!

That said I had no problem putting up with Gal Gadot for the remainder of the film....I'm not gay. ;)

Ah ha!

I liked it well enough for netflix fare but I've seen others with sort of the same complaint. It seemed like it should have ended in the first 15 minutes!

That said I had no problem putting up with Gal Gadot for the remainder of the film....I'm not gay. ;)

I'm not gay either....I think she looked her best in "Keeping up with the Joneses." Too many of the Netflix, girl power, super agent, super assassin movies are just lifeless......It is hard to say exactly what they are missing but they are.....

John Nolte talks about streaming movies in general here....

Streamers have been producing their own feature films for the better part of a decade now, so I think enough time has passed to come to a conclusion, which is this: despite big stars, big directors, big budgets, and tons of publicity, streaming movies have so far failed to stick. And by stick, I mean that thing certain movies do. They enter the public consciousness. They are remembered, treasured, passed down, and become part of our pop culture canon.

I'm not gay either....I think she looked her best in "Keeping up with the Joneses." Too many of the Netflix, girl power, super agent, super assassin movies are just lifeless......It is hard to say exactly what they are missing but they are.....

John Nolte talks about streaming movies in general here....

Streamers have been producing their own feature films for the better part of a decade now, so I think enough time has passed to come to a conclusion, which is this: despite big stars, big directors, big budgets, and tons of publicity, streaming movies have so far failed to stick. And by stick, I mean that thing certain movies do. They enter the public consciousness. They are remembered, treasured, passed down, and become part of our pop culture canon.

I liked watching her.

Her face has character.

Forum List

Back