LOLA (Amazon Prime)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Two sisters in England are left to raise themselves from a very young age. In 1938, one of them (Thom) invents a machine which can intercept radio and television broadcasts from the future. They name the machine LOLA.

The first broadcast they see is David Bowie singing Space Oddity.

After WWII breaks out, they begin working with the army to intercept future reports of German attacks.

Sounds interesting, right?

I don't know. I found the movie too disjointed and boring, frankly. But others may like it.

LOLA has a 100% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'll be darned if I know why.

Last edited:
Two sisters in England are left to raise themselves from a very young age. In 1938, one of them (Thom) invents a machine which can intercept radio and television broadcasts from the future. They name the machine LOLA.

After WWII breaks out, they begin working with the army to intercept future reports of German attacks.

I don't know. I found the movie too disjointed and boring, frankly. But others may like it.

LOLA has a 100% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'll be darned if I know why.

Long ago stopped paying any attention to RT.
The shear number of times I have watched really good films that they rated low, as well as movies they gave 90% or higher that sucked ass... RT is the most unreliable rating system out there.

Long ago stopped paying any attention to RT.
The shear number of times I have watched really good films that they rated low, as well as movies they gave 90% or higher that sucked ass... RT is the most unreliable rating system out there.

I will watch a movie with bad critics ratings but a good audience score but not good critic ratings and bad audience score

I have found several sci-fi movies on Prime that are boring, disjointed and just not very good. I'll watch it to see why Rotten Tomatoes rated so highly.