Heart and Jason Bonham - Heartbreaker Tour

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Jul 17, 2013
I drove up to Pittsburgh to see Heart and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. I didn't even know they were on tour together until a friend of mine called me with tickets.

Bonham opens the show, plays a bunch of Zeppelin's greatest hits, and of course nails it (and he should considering his father and the fact that he has himself played with the rest of the band). Bonham's lead singer is James Dylan and for what is essentially a LZ tribute band, he really pulled off Plant's vocals. It got a bunch of Zeppelin songs, but the set was only about an hour so we didn't get all the best songs, but enough. The only disappointment was that he didn't play Moby Dick or Bonzo's Montreaux. Even with those omissions, it was a great show.

Then Heart comes out and play all their greatest hits, opening with Barracuda and closing with Crazy on You. It was a good show. I mean, these ladies have been playing these songs for eons and have it down pat.

The highlight of the evening, and something I was not expecting, came after the intermission halfway through Heart's set. The second half is Heart, with Bonham in the engine room, doing Zeppelin and let me tell you, Ann Wilson owned those songs. Remember those high notes Plant used to be able to get and couldn't quite reach on Celebration Day? Ann hits them. I didn't remember the setlist from the other two parts of the show, but during the third show it was:

Battle Of Evermore
The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
Immigrant Song
Kashmir
Stairway to Heaven

I know a lot of singers half Ann Wilson's age who couldn't handle the Immigrant Song, Kashmir, and Stairway back to back to back without blowing out their voice and Nancy does this every night on this tour.

If you have a chance to see this tour, do yourself a favor and check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm leaving for Pittsburgh Tuesday morning...my wife and I both work 3rd shift and we're leaving right from work, driving 4 hours, checking into a hotel to catch some sleep and then going to see the Eagles at the CONSOL Energy Center.

Forum List

Back