Hearing God

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
A lot of jokes are made by unbelievers about it. The rest of us have either experienced it or believe it’s possible.

This pilot for an airline says he heard God while preparing to fly out of Indonesia. It was a get out now message. So he requested and was granted permission to take off a few minutes ahead of schedule with his passengers. Minutes later a tidal wave wiped out the airport. The control tower official he had just talked to was dead.

A Miracle in Indonesia. | 海外華人福音網

A friend of mine had a dream he was going to die and it was going to involve a lot of people. It was so real he maxed out his life insurance. A few months later he became one of the citizen soldiers on Flight 93.

Another friend was a fireman. Him and two others went into a burning strip mall to make sure everyone was out. As they walked thru the burning building he heard a loud voice STOP! He froze and the two at his side saw his reaction and so they too stopped. Seconds later a 2 ton air conditioning unit crashed thru the roof landing where they would have been.

Mine was more humorous. I’ll share it some time, but God does have a great sense of humor.

For those that want to laugh and say “but science!”, I would like for you to describe for us the at least 26 dimensions we know exist.

There’s a lot we don’t know.

Hearing, seeing, feeling or whatever our experiences with God are......they are usually very profound in some way. There is most definitely more than what we see.

God does speak to us, sometimes in ways we're not aware of. Sometimes we hear Him, sometimes we don't.

I was going through a drug addiction back in 2006, after the loss of a girlfriend. I swear that one night while sleeping with the TV on, I heard a voice telling me that if I didn't quit smoking crack cocaine, that I was going to die.

I've been clean and sober for the last 12 years, not even a single whiff of pot. I've probably become a little too materialistic and less spiritual since then, but I know for sure He speaks to us if we're willing to listen.

It's called an auditory hallucination, a common symptom of schizophrenia and psychosis.

Only when the "voice" tells you to murder your babies.

But when the voice tells you to quit drugs, it sorta sounds legitimate to me. :biggrin:

Could you imagine what God would think about this Republican Party?

He would smite them and send them to Hell for eternity.

DoxoSsOWwAE6LjW.jpg
DnGfolcWwAAk4QM.jpg

DnB_rpzWsAA2iG6.jpg

If you hear voices you should get an MRI to make sure you do not have a brain tumor

God is not silent. He speaks to those that listen in many ways.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.

Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God? (D&C 6:22-23)

Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart. (D&C 8:2)

Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.

But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me. (D&C 9:7-9)

I got laid a few times in part because I agreed to pray with this chick a few times. Thanks Jesus :thup:

It's called an auditory hallucination, a common symptom of schizophrenia and psychosis.
Neither of those involves predicting the future.
No one predicts the future; not even pilots and firefighters.

The prophetic age ended with John the Baptist (Lk 16:16).
Provided 3 examples, two of whom I know personally. Eric McTaxas lists hundreds in a book he compiled them in. It may not be a prophetic message to warn others, but on a personal level it occurs.

We all have a Guardian Angel that watches out for us. I find these stories comforting and a reason to believe in and trust what God has given us.

Neither of those involves predicting the future.
No one predicts the future; not even pilots and firefighters.

The prophetic age ended with John the Baptist (Lk 16:16).

That is not what the New Testament teaches
Acts 2:17

In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

New Topics

Forum List

Back