Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults

You do realize health insurance companies are going to have 32 million new customers? If the insurance comapies raise their rates, who really is to blame?

The Republicans and a few Democrats for not passing a Public Option, which would have lowered rates.

People will just quit work in order to obtain free medical insurance. Problem solved.

That's where we're headed, and it won't take long for people to figure it out.

Yes, because Health Insurance pays your rent, and puts food on the table. Right?

No. Expanded welfare programs and expanded food stamp programs take care of those needs....all we are missing is free housing...according to your standing in the worker's paradise and party affiliation....of course.

Health care costs were slated to rise by about 17 percent across the board before the legislation passed.

I guess just having them go up for one segment of the population is an improvement.

except it will more than likely go up across the board. you should look at what's happened here in mass-it's very instructive, i think.

Perhaps. We shall have to see.

I think trying something is better than just letting the rates rise to ridiculous levels while doinig nothing.

i don't disagree, but if this is as much like what we have in mass as everyone says, premiums across the board are going to escalate, waiting times for PCPs will increase, boutique practices will multiply (that's what happened with my old PCP, he went into a boutique practice which required $5k up front and then charged my insurance- i had to wait a year for a physical after i got a new PCP) and emergency room visits for non-emergency illnesses will remain the same or increase. of course, no one really knows what's in this bill anyway, so it's a crapshoot.

social security didn't start as one ginormous program; it was built incrementally. the same approach should have been taken with health care, imo.

oopsi, I guess the Obama and the Democrats left out this little nugget when selling their healthcare TAKEOVER.:lol:

By CARLA K. JOHNSON (AP) – 21 hours ago

CHICAGO — Under the health care overhaul, young adults who buy their own insurance will carry a heavier burden of the medical costs of older Americans — a shift expected to raise insurance premiums for young people when the plan takes full effect.

Beginning in 2014, most Americans will be required to buy insurance or pay a tax penalty. That's when premiums for young adults seeking coverage on the individual market would likely climb by 17 percent on average, or roughly $42 a month, according to an analysis of the plan conducted for The Associated Press. The analysis did not factor in tax credits to help offset the increase.

The higher costs will pinch many people in their 20s and early 30s who are struggling to start or advance their careers with the highest unemployment rate in 26 years.

The Associated Press: Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults

Only 17%? That's great news. Is it the health care bill that's slowing down the cost? They were up 30% last year.

U.S. Health Care Costs: Background Brief

Health care costs have been rising for several years. Expenditures in the United States on health care surpassed $2.3 trillion in 2008, more than three times the $714 billion spent in 1990, and over eight times the $253 billion spent in 1980. Stemming this growth has become a major policy priority, as the government, employers, and consumers increasingly struggle to keep up with health care costs.

You do realize health insurance companies are going to have 32 million new customers? If the insurance comapies raise their rates, who really is to blame?

Blame insurance companies?

Neither mentioned that the Senate health reform bill, which is the basis for Democrats' last best chance at comprehensive reform, would give the insurance companies millions of new customers required by law to buy health insurance. It would also require insurers to cover everyone, regardless of age, gender or pre-existing condition.

To help pay for the new insurance requirements the government would give to people money to buy insurance - $336 billion over the next ten years. That money, ultimately, would have to go to... drum roll... insurance companies.

A Complicated Enemy: Obama Seeks to Vilify Health Insurers, Give Them $336 Billion Check - The Note

Neither mentioned that the Senate health reform bill, which is the basis for Democrats' last best chance at comprehensive reform, would give the insurance companies millions of new customers required by law to buy health insurance. It would also require insurers to cover everyone, regardless of age, gender or pre-existing condition.

To help pay for the new insurance requirements the government would give to people money to buy insurance - $336 billion over the next ten years. That money, ultimately, would have to go to... drum roll... insurance companies.

A Complicated Enemy: Obama Seeks to Vilify Health Insurers, Give Them $336 Billion Check - The Note

It's also taking a lot of people away from "emergency room" as the primary care and covering children and young adults going to college. There are a lot of pluses.
Emergency room care is 10 times the cost of regular care.

The difference between this bill and the Bush drug bill, this bill makes an attempt to pay for itself, the Bush drug bill was an outright give-a-way to drug companies to the tune of trillions.

Medicare Drug Benefit May Cost $1.2 Trillion (washingtonpost.com)

The White House released budget figures yesterday indicating that the new Medicare prescription drug benefit will cost more than $1.2 trillion in the coming decade, a much higher price tag than President Bush suggested when he narrowly won passage of the law in late 2003.

------We now know the cost will be much higher.

they probably figured since most of the youth is dem and voted obama they will have no issue paying their fair share to help others less able......

It's also taking a lot of people away from "emergency room" as the primary care and covering children and young adults going to college. There are a lot of pluses.
Emergency room care is 10 times the cost of regular care.

The difference between this bill and the Bush drug bill, this bill makes an attempt to pay for itself, the Bush drug bill was an outright give-a-way to drug companies to the tune of trillions.

Medicare Drug Benefit May Cost $1.2 Trillion (washingtonpost.com)

The White House released budget figures yesterday indicating that the new Medicare prescription drug benefit will cost more than $1.2 trillion in the coming decade, a much higher price tag than President Bush suggested when he narrowly won passage of the law in late 2003.

------We now know the cost will be much higher.

Why does Obama have to go back on the campaign trail and sell the bill to the American public for the 7th fucking time? Why? If it's so great and does all the things he and the commies Pelosi and Reid say it will do....why does Obama have to go around the country and waste time selling this bullshit spending program if it's so great?

Hint for the terminally duped......it doesn't live up to it's billing...leaving us with 10 trillion dollars added to the National Debt over the next 7 years and 11 million American citizens STILL without health insurance.

and rdean...in case you forgot about those 12 million illegal aliens...well they will still use the emergency room as their primary care provider...:lol:

People will just quit work in order to obtain free medical insurance. Problem solved.

That's where we're headed, and it won't take long for people to figure it out.

free food, free care, free home, what's to want? why work??

You left out Free Internet Access, Credit Card Debt Relief, & Free College Education for all, Paid for Retirement.

No worries mate. Hell I am not going to get out of my PJs & dealing with customers any more. Governments got my back.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI"]Free Gas & Mortgage[/ame]

Forum List

Back