Headline: How red-state politics are shaving years off American lives

This guy Sietz, would be comfortable with many here @ usmb

smoking-related cancers

Public health officials say Ohio could save lives by adopting measures such as a higher tobacco tax or stricter seat-belt rules, initiatives supported by Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican generally friendly to their cause.

“I told the legislature, ‘I’m going to ask you to invest in things where you’re not going to see the results during your term in office and I’m not going to see it during my term in office,’” DeWine said in an interview in the governor’s mansion.

DeWine has a “nanny state” mentality, said Ohio state Rep. Bill Seitz, the state House majority floor leader and fellow Republican who has helped block tobacco tax increases amid aggressive lobbying by industry interests. The 68-year-old Seitz, who smoked for 50 years before developing kidney cancer and having a kidney removed this summer, said he’s unmoved by his own brush with the health system — even if it led him to finally kick the habit.

“I’m not going to turn into a smoke Nazi just because I used to smoke and I don’t anymore,” Seitz said. ]
Lighten Up on Lighting Up

Our Preppy princes are sissies who fear the Marlboro Man and all other masculine images. Their Daddies make all our laws and public-service announcements, buying the love of their brats that way. This privileged girlyman cowardice what is behind the "Smoking Causes Cancer" hoax.

Oncologists aren't smart enough to cure cancer; why should we believe they're smart enough to tell us what causes it? It could have been cured 50 years ago if we had treated superior students the way we treat superior athletes, from childhood on. Instead we get educated eunuchs.

Last edited:
I hope in red states guys who aren't married can't get laid. Although there is a down side to that too. Those are usually the guys who go on rampages.

Young people are already having way fewer kids than ever before. It's because the economy is not encouraging to have kids. Not if first you have to go to college and pay that off. Then you have to buy an overpriced house. And save for retirement? I don't see how people can afford kids too. Not with what Republicans are payin.
Born in the Dugout and Made to Believe He's Been Benched

The entire Right and the entire Left are mortal enemies of those who built this country. All these ideological cliques rule over what never should have belonged to them.

Tell me what this has to do with "red state" politics.

Nothing at all

“In 2021, black adults had the highest obesity rates of any race or ethnicity in the United States, followed by American Indians/Alaska Natives and Hispanics. As of that time, around 44 percent of all black adults were obese.

All three groups are bleeding heart liberal pet minorities

And the biggest contributor to bad eating habits is the food stamp program which libs support

The reason I left Ohio years ago was the dirty air. I had finished my time in the Air Force and returned in 1969 to a small town very near Ashtabula.

Ashtabula had POLLUTION problems big time from all its factories and its coal fired power plant. The pollution was so bad it would eat the paint off your car in the parking lots of some factories. If you drove near the factory area you had to roll your windows up or gag on the smell of the factory emissions.

I got a new driver‘s license and a free Ohio map. On the map was a picture of a factory belching pollution with the title Pollution is not a dirty word in Ohio. Reading that caused me to decide to leave and “retire” early in Florida. Best decision I ever made.

Occasionally I would return to my home town in Ohio for a visit. I remember how many of the people looked sick to me.

I never thought about how our neighbors pollution affects us until this summer when the Michigan sky was foggy because of the Canadian forest fires.

Oh please. Who has higher life expectancies, blue cities or red counties?

Life expectancy in Tennessee is far below the national average; what can be done to change that?

The average life expectancy for a man in Tennessee is 71 years, three years below the already declining national average

the death rate of midlife non-Hispanic white Americans had risen steadily since 1999 in contrast with the death rates of blacks, Hispanics and Europeans.

Why are uneducated white Americans dying younger when everyone else is living longer?

The two Princeton professors say the trend affects whites of both sexes and is happening nearly everywhere in the country. Education level is significant: People with a college degree report better health and happiness than those with only some college, who in turn are doing much better than those who never went.

And Republicans are anti college. Do the math. Oh I forgot, you're not good at math. Or logic.

This entire country is full of humongous fat slobs. I drive all over the country so I see it.
The culture has created this obesity mess and the democrat politics of anti-American hedonism have destroyed the culture.

"Nothing you've posted in all of your time here @ usmb, is more dumb than your sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Dante
Boxers Can't Get Boxed In

You're jealous of anybody who can think outside the Voices From a Box media that mind-slaves are made to believe in. Everything we are told from above is make-believe.

Last edited:
The article clearly states:

"Many of those early deaths can be traced to decisions made years ago by local and state lawmakers over whether to implement cigarette taxes, invest in public health or tighten seat-belt regulations, among other policies, an examination by The Washington Post found. States’ politics — and their resulting policies — are shaving years off American lives."

and

"Americans are more likely to die before age 65 than residents of similar nations, despite living in a country that spends substantially more per person on health care than its peers."

Says nothing about "Red" states.

Life expectancy in Tennessee is far below the national average; what can be done to change that?

The average life expectancy for a man in Tennessee is 71 years, three years below the already declining national average

the death rate of midlife non-Hispanic white Americans had risen steadily since 1999 in contrast with the death rates of blacks, Hispanics and Europeans.

Why are uneducated white Americans dying younger when everyone else is living longer?

The two Princeton professors say the trend affects whites of both sexes and is happening nearly everywhere in the country. Education level is significant: People with a college degree report better health and happiness than those with only some college, who in turn are doing much better than those who never went.

And Republicans are anti college. Do the math. Oh I forgot, you're not good at math. Or logic.
Toxic Escapism From Being Forced to Work for Diploma Dumbos

A college degree is no different from a Communist Party membership card before the Soviet Union collapsed because of its "successful" people. In Doctor Zhivago, the main character mentions how the stress and absurdity of Communism (which was a product of academia) was causing Russians to die early from heart disease. Zhivago himself dies from it.

Dying Early AMERICA’S LIFE EXPECTANCY CRISIS

Whether we admit it or not, it's true that actions have consequences.

What is being investigated and written about is that any states policies, driven by their politics, are shaving years off American lives. We should pay heed.

That’s great! That’s the whole plan to battling manmade imagery global climate warming change, right?

Toxic Escapism From Being Forced to Work for Diploma Dumbos

A college degree is no different from a Communist Party membership card before the Soviet Union collapsed because of its "successful" people. In Doctor Zhivago, the main character mentions how the stress and absurdity of Communism (which was a product of academia) was causing Russians to die early from heart disease. Zhivago himself dies from it.
Such spin. A college degree is still worth $1 million dollars. Did you know that? So on average, a person who has a college degree will make an extra $33,000 a year for 30 years. Imagine what you could do with an extra $33K a year dummy.

And I just showed you that uneducated blue collar white Americans are depressed as fuck. This all started on Reagan's watch and picked up steam on Bush's watch. When you ran all those high paying union jobs overseas.

I've shown you since 1978 union membership went from 35% of the workforce to 9%. And in that time CEO's pay went up 1322% and ours only 18%.

And college is more expensive. So fewer poor people can get out of poverty. Fewer people making that extra $33,000 a year. And they are killing themselves. Drugs like fentynol, oxycotton, crack, heroine. Remember you guys made fun of blacks in the 80's for being hooked on crack? Well now it's you. You're finally seeing that to the rich, you're n*#$rs too.

I bet you hate unions too. The only reason the strong middle class existed in the first place. That and a liberal government who gave us the New Deal, Labor Laws, Social Security, Medicare.

Don't worry about communism while you're party is the neo Nazi party pal.

WEF/Democrats trying to explain away why early death is on the sudden rise to cover for big pharma and the jab.

WEF/Democrats trying to explain away why early death is on the sudden rise to cover for big pharma and the jab.
We know when whites are dying of fentynol and Oxycotton and alcohol related illnesses that it's not the jab white boy. You can't explain this one away. I find it funny. For centuries, ever since blacks were set free you have told them to quit complaining. Pick themselves up by their bootstraps you said. But we told you they didn't have the same economic opportunities as your parents did. You wouldn't listen.

And to be honest, the only reason you aren't losers is things like social security and unions. Without those liberal things, you'd be even worse off than you are now.

So as union jobs went overseas and they cut your social security, more and more of you are dying young. Turning to drugs and alcohol. All because there is no economic opportunities. You really should apologize to black people.

We know when whites are dying of fentynol and Oxycotton and alcohol related illnesses that it's not the jab white boy. You can't explain this one away. I find it funny. For centuries, ever since blacks were set free you have told them to quit complaining. Pick themselves up by their bootstraps you said. But we told you they didn't have the same economic opportunities as your parents did. You wouldn't listen.

And to be honest, the only reason you aren't losers is things like social security and unions. Without those liberal things, you'd be even worse off than you are now.

So as union jobs went overseas and they cut your social security, more and more of you are dying young. Turning to drugs and alcohol. All because there is no economic opportunities. You really should apologize to black people.
^^^ racist POS

I never thought about how our neighbors pollution affects us until this summer when the Michigan sky was foggy because of the Canadian forest fires.
A couple of days ago we had hazy days here in the Florida panhandle because of those Canadian fires.

Forum List

Back