“He has a battle rifle”: Police feared Uvalde gunman’s AR-15

Trained Police went toe to toe with both the North Hollywood Bank robbery Shootout Guys , And one of the Cops who killed the surviving robber in a Shootout that has a distance that extended from hood to trunk of a Chevy Caprice Classic was wearing only Level III A Body Armor vest , PASGT Helmet and Cargo Shorts & Stan Smith Sneakers .
The local cops in North Hollywood felt it was too dangerous TO CIVILIANS to wait for SWAT for thirty or more minutes. So they went into a local gun store and BORROWED their own AR15s and ammo to engage the robbers.

The local cops in North Hollywood felt it was too dangerous TO CIVILIANS to wait for SWAT for thirty or more minutes. So they went into a local gun store and BORROWED their own AR15s and ammo to engage the robbers.
Yep , I will never forget when the Cop Car pulled up and 3 cops bailed out and the one with the Shorts on engaged the surviving perp after he tried to Car Jack the Pickup . Dude was close enough to see the perps Eye color as he had a gun battle that at most was the length of a full size sedan .

They were not about to take any chances. Not when their lives might be at risk.

The best way to save your life is killing anything that moves?

Sorry, not buying it.

Hollywood makes it look easy. Video games make it look pathetically simple.
It IS pathetically simple. A sniper coulda got this fucker from hundreds of yards away. There is NO excuse for the cowardice of these particular cops.

Keep it simple, stupid.

You don't fear the weapon, you respect it.

There's a huge enormous difference.

But leftards have lost the ability to discern so they wouldn't understand.
Well cops are afraid of it

Spoken like someone who barely knows which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.
That's odd. I spent three years as a combat engineer and qualified Sharpshooter (missed expert by three shots).

I own 2 12 ga pumps, a .22 bolt action and a 50 cal breechloader I built

Well I’ve had bullets zip by my noggin. But that aside let’s be realistic for a moment.

My disdain for your badder than thou talk is that in my experience those who talk the toughest have done the least. I did nine years in the Army. Fought my wars. And was grateful that my wars were not nearly as bad as others. I lost friends. I had friends wounded. I’ve seen friends maimed.

The funny thing is that the more you see the less tough talk you do. You come to the conclusion that your survival is often a matter of inexplicable luck.

But let’s take a moment. Cops are taught that the death hole is a doorway. Don’t stand in front of the door. If the baddie is inside armed stay away from the door.

Cops are taught that their handguns are not very good. They are taught to start shooting and keep shooting until the baddie is motionless. They are taught the spray and pray technique for shooting.

More than that they are taught the most important thing is to live through the shift. They are taught not to take chances. Expect the suspect to be armed. Do not expose yourself under any circumstances.

In Dallas, the cops had the Baddie cornered in a parking garage. They sent a robot in with explosives strapped to it to blow the baddie up.

In California they were so frightened of Dornier they shot more than a hundred rounds at a pick up truck with two middle aged women inside because they thought it looked suspicious.

They were not about to take any chances. Not when their lives might be at risk.

Hollywood makes it look easy. Video games make it look pathetically simple.
If this post is true, then you KNOW the premise of this thread is bs.

So why don't you say so?

That's odd. I spent three years as a combat engineer and qualified Sharpshooter (missed expert by three shots).

I own 2 12 ga pumps, a .22 bolt action and a 50 cal breechloader I built
Where did you train?

What can you demolish while marching?

Times up.

"We are, we are, we are, we are the Army Engineers,
We can, we can, we can, we can demolish 40 beers!"

It's the Army Engineers Song...one of, if not the most popular Engineer songs / cadences for Basic and AIT soldiers.

There is not an Army Engineer who doesn't know it.

Last edited:
If this post is true, then you KNOW the premise of this thread is bs.

So why don't you say so?

It isn’t BS. Soldiers are trained to risk themselves. They are trained to move under fire. Marines are trained to charge up the beach under fire. For combat operations of the type they were seeing in Iraq and Afghanistan they had training I didn’t have back in the day. With realistic looking wounds strapped on veterans many of whom were missing limbs from combat.

Cops aren’t trained to do that. They are trained to quick draw and shoot. They are trained to seek cover. They are trained to avoid charging down the guns.

In Basic Training Soldiers low crawl as tracers from machine guns flash overhead. Explosives go off in pits to simulate mortar or grenades. They are trained from day one to expect to be fired upon and move towards whatever objective they are given.

Cops are trained and given examples of where cops died by doing something dumb, like standing or charging in the door where a baddie was waiting.

So the idea that the cops were not afraid is insane. The idea that the cops shouldn’t be afraid is even dumber. The purpose of Army or Marine training is so the troops will do what they are supposed to in spite of the fear. The troops will go with what they’ve been trained to do. Move, engage the enemy. Obey the orders of their NCO’s. That’s why Sergeants of the ranks of their Platoon Sergeants or Squad Leaders are the Drill Sergeants. So the young troops will be accustomed to obeying the orders without question of the guy wearing the stripes.

In my day. The Soldiers were given MILES gear and death cards. These were playing cards sealed in envelopes. You put the envelope in your pocket. If your MILES gear went beep, you sat down and used your transmitter key to turn it off. You took your helmet off and sat there. The Observer Controller came around and you showed him the unopened envelope. He had you open the envelope and reveal your wound or death.

Each card had a wound on it. How long you would survive without treatment. True Story. I had one card at Fort Bragg with the wound gunshot to penis. But it could be anything. And after an attack the soldiers joked about what wounds they had. But the other message is also there. The unit suffered ten, fifteen, even fifty percent casualties.

Cops are trained to avoid those situations. Don’t charge into the guns. Don’t screw up and get dead.

From the cops point of view. The first guy through that door was a dead man. The second would probably die too. Without the right equipment it was suicide to charge in there. The “Battle Rifle” call may be BS or not. But the point is the cops were no going against the training they and every single person relies on. It was a truism when I was in the Army. You go with what you know.

At Fort Bragg we were taught we were actually ten percent over strength. We had ten percent more people than the normal unit TO&E. That was to allow us to absorb ten percent casualties on the Parachute Entry and still allow the unit to remain combat effective.

Now think about that. The troops are told that ten percent of them would be wounded, injured, or dead just in the first minute. The rest were told to see to the mission of securing the enemy airfield.

Practice Jumps did a lot to drive that home. On every jump someone was hurt. Broken legs were common. The Orthopedic Doctors at Fort Bragg get a lot of practice. Rarely someone would die. Occasionally the injury was severe and life threatening.

One of my buddies had five broken bones and multiple life threatening injuries. They called in the Medivac helicopter for him.

My point is the training is very different for cops. The focus is very different. The lessons passed on to new guys is very different.

At Bragg you knew that if you were injured, your fellow Paratroopers would come get you. Your buddies would not leave you. We were going to get you. Cops are taught that they’ll probably be alone when the time comes and they have to depend upon themselves. Don’t take chances.

It is why the cops have shot so many people when they shouldn’t have.

Remember this one?

The cops are trained. You have to shoot first. You can’t wait. You can’t hesitate. And if the baddie is armed that works fine. If the baddie isn’t actually a baddie. Well then you are in a lot of trouble.

A more recent event.

What did they do? Exactly what they are told they have to to save their own lives.

Soldiers are taught there are things more important than your life. A cop is taught there is nothing more important than your life. Don’t let the baddies kill you.

Forum List

Back