Have They Forgotten There's A Senate?

Dunno. There's been a lot of talk about unity. And never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste and whatnot.

Notwithstanding everybody wants to be a moderate all of a sudden. You know how that goes. That was a timely narrative, too.

And remember what the Republican President of the United States said. Take guns first, go through due process later. He had a tweet around here some place talking about protecting what he clearly believes is 'our Democracy', too.
People need to remember the Pres has never been an ideological conservative and that he is a NYC Democrat at heart. They're not big on guns. I commend him for showing interest in the ERPO laws and I wish the ultra right wing hadn't scared him off. If you're right that being a moderate is the "thing" now, maybe we can get a little bit of sanity established anyway.
Only Fucking morons think more frivolous gun control laws will save a single soul

Since you must be a teenager.....let me explain

One chamber passes a bill on gun-control issues.....THEN, members of the other chamber are placed in a perilous position to vote for or against.

Picture yet ANOTHER mass shooting just about the time that GOP senators voted against a House bill on gun control.

Perilous position? Because Democrats will cry? :auiqs.jpg:

Gun control is a dead issue. Lock up the crazies, kill the bad guys and leave everyone else alone.

To do otherwise is at your own political peril.

The problem is that all of these “crazies” probably have an arsenal at their house…

View attachment 228017

And until they notch their first kill, they can add to their arsenal unencumbered.

Conservatives have 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo.....if we were violent you cock suckers would surely know about it by now.

We do…as the memorial in OKC reminds us. Not to mention your threat to kill me yesterday.
Red alert Tucker Carlson's home under seige by Antifa mob

All ya have to do is stay off my lawn and you'll live a long and happy life.....or a bitter one,dont care one way or another.
Speaking of lawns On a tree in my front yard I have a trumpy doll hanging by it's neck Waiting for one AH to try and take it down

Dunno. There's been a lot of talk about unity. And never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste and whatnot.

Notwithstanding everybody wants to be a moderate all of a sudden. You know how that goes. That was a timely narrative, too.

And remember what the Republican President of the United States said. Take guns first, go through due process later. He had a tweet around here some place talking about protecting what he clearly believes is 'our Democracy', too.
People need to remember the Pres has never been an ideological conservative and that he is a NYC Democrat at heart. They're not big on guns. I commend him for showing interest in the ERPO laws and I wish the ultra right wing hadn't scared him off. If you're right that being a moderate is the "thing" now, maybe we can get a little bit of sanity established anyway.

He’s the President now. Perhaps he can come up with a plan to address gun violence. “Thoughts and prayers” doesn’t seem to be working.
Obviously more frivolous going to control laws will never work… Look who is pushing for them fucked in the head progressives

The problem is that all of these “crazies” probably have an arsenal at their house…

View attachment 228017

And until they notch their first kill, they can add to their arsenal unencumbered.

Conservatives have 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo.....if we were violent you cock suckers would surely know about it by now.

We do…as the memorial in OKC reminds us. Not to mention your threat to kill me yesterday.

All ya have to do is stay off my lawn and you'll live a long and happy life.....or a bitter one,dont care one way or another.

Which sums up the problem with deranged sick folks like yourself owning guns. Someone shows up on Thanksgiving day to the wrong house…and you splatter their brains all over your lawn because you constantly are under the delusion that you’re under assault.

View attachment 228017

Which sums up the problem with deranged sick folks like yourself owning guns. Someone shows up on Thanksgiving day to the wrong house…and you splatter their brains all over your lawn because you constantly are under the delusion that you’re under assault.

You have any evidence of that happing other than movies?

Sure…

Here is a link that you won’t read because it challenges your fragile worldview…

Man convicted of murder sentenced to life in prison - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze

Excerpt

Rainey, a door-to-door salesman for Blue Ribbon, had been going from home to home selling meat. When Roop returned home and pulled into his driveway, Rainey approached; Roop then shot him.

According to records, Roop was charged in 2005 with one misdemeanor count of improper exhibition of weapon in Sumter County, Fla. He was acquitted of the charge after a jury found him not guilty.

The goal is to get the Republicans to offer only thoughts and prayers for every bloodbath. Which is what they are doing. In this very narrow political aspect, the right wing craving for violence and bloodshed plays into the Democrat’s hands.

Again…is there any word from the White House on a plan to curtail gun violence?
Is there no hope at all that the Republicans will agree to SOMETHING in the legislation, just to look good? I am pretty sure the Democrats would take whatever they can get, as long as Republicans don't try adding in The Wall.

We have gridlock, even if it gets by the Senate, you also need the President to sign the bill.

Reid tabled every bill that the House passed, watch the GOP do the same.

The games will continue as neither party has a mature leaders that will stop the nonsense.
I'm waiting to see who replaces Ryan in the House. I haven't let hope die, yet.
Frivolous gun control laws are an no-go

The goal is to get the Republicans to offer only thoughts and prayers for every bloodbath. Which is what they are doing. In this very narrow political aspect, the right wing craving for violence and bloodshed plays into the Democrat’s hands.

Yes, but the Dems reject them.
Donald Trump on 9 Key Gun Issues, in His Own Words

the Republican position on gun rights does not flow from a fondness for weapons, but from a fundamental principle that calls for upholding certain rights that the nation was built upon. Republicans believe that governmental regulation of firearms is largely unconstitutional and therefore, most gun laws are an infringement on the individual’s rights to bear arms. The dominant point made by Republicans in this regard is that the Second Amendment gives the right to the individual to protect himself, his family, and his property.

Yes but the left rejects it.
Donald Trump on 9 Key Gun Issues, in His Own Words

the Republican position on gun rights does not flow from a fondness for weapons, but from a fundamental principle that calls for upholding certain rights that the nation was built upon. Republicans believe that governmental regulation of firearms is largely unconstitutional and therefore, most gun laws are an infringement on the individual’s rights to bear arms. The dominant point made by Republicans in this regard is that the Second Amendment gives the right to the individual to protect himself, his family, and his property.

Democratic Party rejects the 2nd Amendment.
They think they have the right to ban them

It flows from a thirst for violence, confrontation and bloodshed. Anyone who isn’t a republican gun nut can look at the success other nations have in limiting gun deaths by having very restrictive gun control laws and no 2nd amendment. When a republican gun nut looks at the unparalleled violence (in a first world sense), their first thought is that the dead people should have shot first.

Sorry but it is the truth.

As for Trump’s own words….yeah…okay. Thanks for another reason to laugh. He says he doesn’t know the guy he appointed to the AG slot. He doesn’t know his own AG. Really….

Not true.
Does our Government have security guards? Yes
So it should be for everyone else in our nation without violating our amendment rights.
That bar had a security guard. It didn't matter. More guns are not the answer.
Buy more guns and ammo...

As I read this The House cannot make laws, they can pass whatever but it then goes to The Senate who can reject it and if The Senate doesn't and passes the law then it goes to The White House and the President can either sign the law or he can Veto it. So in the situation of the Democrats Draconian Anti-Gun thing, The Senate will reject it, the Democrats can pass it but there is no way The Senate will also do the same it will die in The Senate.

As long as the GOP can’t push things through the House…the nation is better off with gridlock now that you guys lost. And badly.

Is there no hope at all that the Republicans will agree to SOMETHING in the legislation, just to look good? I am pretty sure the Democrats would take whatever they can get, as long as Republicans don't try adding in The Wall.

Looking good solves no problems.

Give them nothing.
at some point, they will have to listen to their constituents and get some balls to stand up to the NRA Lobbyists and their money, money, money... money!.

So why couldn’t Speaker Pelosi and Senator Reed pass these gun regulations when Obama became President? Anyone notice how Democrats seem to stir this up ONLY when Republicans control at least one chamber of Congress and/or the White House? When they control all the cards, amazingly the effort dies. Why? They only care to string along their base for the votes.

Gun control is a dead issue. Lock up the crazies, kill the bad guys and leave everyone else alone.

View attachment 228017

View attachment 228017

Speaking of lawns On a tree in my front yard I have a trumpy doll hanging by it's neck Waiting for one AH to try and take it down

I'm your Huckleberry.

Give them nothing.
at some point, they will have to listen to their constituents and get some balls to stand up to the NRA Lobbyists and their money, money, money... money!.

Give them nothing.

It has nothing to do with the NRA.
It's a constitutional right.

So why couldn’t Speaker Pelosi and Senator Reed pass these gun regulations when Obama became President? Anyone notice how Democrats seem to stir this up ONLY when Republicans control at least one chamber of Congress and/or the White House? When they control all the cards, amazingly the effort dies. Why? They only care to string along their base for the votes.

Excellent point. The dems certainly use it as a political football when it benefits them. As does the Republicans. Kudos.

Give them nothing.

Give them nothing.

Yes.

Do you think the current crop of legislators are infallible?

I doubt it.

But somehow, those legislators in 1787 were?

I doubt it.

Give them nothing.

Give them nothing.

Yes.

I doubt it.

I doubt it.

That was no mistake in 1787.
An armed society is a free society.

He’s the President now. Perhaps he can come up with a plan to address gun violence. “Thoughts and prayers” doesn’t seem to be working.
The CDC needs to be freed up to do some extensive research and the government needs to fund REAL research into the subject. This is as serious as cancer, but no one will move on it and honestly, what do we really know that will be effective? Limiting gun ownership is a start, but how much and to whom? How do we go about it?
This is something that deserves a lot of thought.

The CDC should study diseases. Not guns.
Mass violence is a cultural disease.

No it isnt. Its the result of your destruction of our culture. You created the monsters you use against us now.

View attachment 228041

View attachment 228042

View attachment 228043

View attachment 228044

View attachment 228045

View attachment 228048

Yes you OldLady are responsible for all that….lol

Amazingly, I remember the GOP was in office for most of the end of the 1900’s and a good part of the 2nd half in general.

Give them nothing.

Give them nothing.

Yes.

I doubt it.

I doubt it.

That was no mistake in 1787.
An armed society is a free society.

And one with thousands of needless deaths every year….
Other free societies don’t make the bargain…they have freedom without the high costs of arming yourself against phantom boogeymen.

View attachment 228017

Deranged gun owners? Really? Actually that view is no different than stating all illegals are criminals, who kill Americans and then are offered protection by sanctuary cities. So in effect that kind of “perception” of gun owners is not at all different than Trump’s statements regarding immigration that those on the left are so up in arms about. Then we wonder why we have division in this country.

View attachment 228017

Deranged gun owners? Really? Actually that view is no different than stating all illegals are criminals, who kill Americans and then are offered protection by sanctuary cities. So in effect that kind of “perception” of gun owners is not at all different than Trump’s statements regarding immigration that those on the left are so up in arms about. Then we wonder why we have division in this country.

When someone threatens to spread my brains all over his lawn..that isn’t the same as says “all ______ are ________”. It’s a specific threat. If it eventually happens with him….this is probably what informed investigators would call a “warning sign”. Like what we’re finding out about the latest mass murderer on their social media account. When you look at what he posted, you wonder why this deranged individual was allowed to buy guns—or at least I do.

Excellent point. The dems certainly use it as a political football when it benefits them. As does the Republicans. Kudos.

The democrats know they can’t do an all out ban on guns, it would not stand up in the SCOTUS without amending the Constitution. You honestly think the left can get 2/3 of the majority in those states to agree? More than likely, until Kavanaugh, they were counting on more liberal judges in the Highest Court to sort of overlook that.

Forum List

Back