The Problem of Refusing to Admit that the Other Party's President Has Done Anything Good

It's much worse than that. The parties will purposely kill bills in Congress to prevent an opposing party's president from getting credit for signing it into law. A prime example being when the GOP killed a bill to give free treatment to 9/11 first responders for illnesses arising from their work at ground zero.

Trump set it up so the tax cut go's away for us and is there for keeps for those who have the most money.
It was establishment Republicans working with Democrats who got the tax cut for everyone but the poor passed. There were stipulations, but when President Trump gets back in office and Republicans take the Congress and Senate, the tax cuts can be made permanent. until asshat Democrats get gullible fucks to vote them back in.

Sigh. . . . #Ignoring_the_Point.

No, they don't deserve credit for this, because running up the debt is not a good thing. Remember that the OP's point is that we need to start admitting when the other party's White House occupant does something good.
I asked you to humor me and list the things you think Biden has done that were good. So far, no response. While I agree that no response is the correct response, you could have acknowledged me. And, I actually agree that both sides should acknowledge good things the other side has done but, with Biden, I'm hard pressed to come up with any because even if you list something that "sounds" good, it usually isn't as good as it sounds when you think it through. Take caps on prescription drugs, for example. Offhand, that sounds like a good thing but, when you consider the fact that the drug makers will just raise prices on their other drugs to make up the difference, it was really a nothingburger. Another thing would be the infrastructure bill, but when you realize it poured money onto the debt and increased both inflation and interest rates, again, sounds better than the reality.

I asked you to humor me and list the things you think Biden has done that were good. So far, no response. While I agree that no response is the correct response, you could have acknowledged me. And, I actually agree that both sides should acknowledge good things the other side has done but, with Biden, I'm hard pressed to come up with any because even if you list something that "sounds" good, it usually isn't as good as it sounds when you think it through. Take caps on prescription drugs, for example. Offhand, that sounds like a good thing but, when you consider the fact that the drug makers will just raise prices on their other drugs, it was really a nothingburger. Another thing would be the infrastructure bill, but when you realize it poured money onto the debt and increased both inflation and interest rates, again, sounds better than the reality.
I had my drug price tripled after Biden pulled his stunt. I have Diabetes and see doctors more often than I want to. I asked the pharmacy why Trulicity jumped from about $11 dollars for a supply lasting 90 days to 11 dollars per month. They said the factory cut down on production. I hope prices go back down. But Biden has not lifted a finger to help that happen. Now $11 per month is not much to spend. But it refutes Biden's claim he cut drug prices.

Forum List

Back