Have Liz Truss’s 44 days in office destroyed 40 years of free market philosophy?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

It should do but I think he is being too optimistic. Free market trickle down has never worked but people are stupid and have short memories. At the most I would say that it has killed conservatism in the UK.
For that we should be grateful.

"Free Markets" have long been nothing more than a philosophy. Will this destroy it? It's unworkable so there really is no destroying of something that is never going to happen.

From what I've read, Liz Truss had a great plan that was too much too soon for the entrenched tax heavy UK economy to digest. So they puked and kicked her out. Isn't that what REALLY happened Tommy T?

It should do but I think he is being too optimistic. Free market trickle down has never worked but people are stupid and have short memories. At the most I would say that it has killed conservatism in the UK.
But Truss was fighting so hard for the UK.

No, decades of idiotic green energy policy and unsustainable immigration of third world refugees has destroyed your country.

From what I've read, Liz Truss had a great plan that was too much too soon for the entrenched tax heavy UK economy to digest. So they puked and kicked her out. Isn't that what REALLY happened Tommy T?
No. She put forward uncosted tax cuts which have crippled the UK economy. There is now a moronlevy on UK debt.
Our debt is now costed at emerging market levels.

In effect the free markets have passed on truss libertarian bullshit. Rightly so.

You really are ignorant of the UK. Like you are on everything else.
What are the average energy prices right now?

Your country is already up to 13% non-whites, and with low birth rates for whites and very high birth rates for third world immigrants, whites will become a minority in a few generations.

ABF1CFD2-467E-4063-B791-A4C0E88E4B92.png

2A63FFD4-B8C5-4EAF-A32D-71C9D24A5835.jpeg

No. She put forward uncosted tax cuts which have crippled the UK economy. There is now a moronlevy on UK debt.
Our debt is now costed at emerging market levels.

In effect the free markets have passed on truss libertarian bullshit. Rightly so.
So you're saying that you know how all of this works and you understand everything?

I seriously doubt that.
What I'm seeing is politicians fighting Brexit by undermining progress.

So you're saying that you know how all of this works and you understand everything?

I seriously doubt that.
What I'm seeing is politicians fighting Brexit by undermining progress.
I know that my mortgage has nearly doubled. Basically we have been used as lab rats by a libertarian headcase.

I know that my mortgage has nearly doubled. Basically we have been used as lab rats by a libertarian headcase.
How many pubs have closed in the last few years is a good indicator of how the economy is doing. When I was there in the mid 90's when it wasn't great but the pubs were thriving.

Forum List

Back