Have a tattoo? Not allowed to the restaurant

Restaurant refuses service to man because of facial tattoos

After catching Alan Jackson's country concert at the rodeo, two friends were hoping to grab a bite at Bombshells off of I-45 and Fuqua. But they never got that chance.
An HPD officer told Erik Leighton that management wanted him and his friend out. Folks with facial tattoos weren't allowed inside.

I don't think it's appropriate to deny service to someone because of ink they may have on their body.
Should people be allowed to discriminate based on tattoos, piercings or other body art so if they do it as some sort of art statement? Such a new kind of discrimination
Or is it a consequence of that wave of morons from Mexico with face\neck tattoos as criminal sign? Probably yes.
The guy with the tats should just accept the fact that equal doesn't always mean equal.

If you want to choose the tattoos, then others are allowed to make their choice. Pretty simple.

After catching Alan Jackson's country concert at the rodeo, two friends were hoping to grab a bite at Bombshells off of I-45 and Fuqua. But they never got that chance.
An HPD officer told Erik Leighton that management wanted him and his friend out. Folks with facial tattoos weren't allowed inside.

I don't think it's appropriate to deny service to someone because of ink they may have on their body.
Should people be allowed to discriminate based on tattoos, piercings or other body art so if they do it as some sort of art statement? Such a new kind of discrimination
Or is it a consequence of that wave of morons from Mexico with face\neck tattoos as criminal sign? Probably yes.
The guy with the tats should just accept the fact that equal doesn't always mean equal.

It's clear-cut discrimination. Can no more exclude service to someone with facial tattoos than you could someone super obese, with some disfigurement, or other abnormal appearence. Guy should sue. And he'll very likely win. The officer should be sued as well since hs shoulda known better.

Bullshit. He wasn't born that way, he isn't physically handicapped, he chose to be stupid and tattoo his face. This is like choosing to put on bikini, and going into a high-end restaurant that has an attire policy.
The owner should be able to decide.

Now of course in America 2015 I wouldn't be the least surprised he would sue and win a lawsuit, but based purely on the law I can't see how the guy would have a leg to stand on. We already know he doesn't have brain to think with.

1st Amendment freedom of expression assures the right of people to be stupid and tattoo their faces. :)

... Snip...
I do. It would make me physically ill to have a tattooed person eating at the next table.

Maybe it would make him physically ill to have YOU eating at the next table

Maybe it was a Jewish establishment. Tottoos are forbidden in the Torah. Probably not though. Can businesses discriminate based on...anything you ask? Well unless you've been living under a rock since the 1960's, I guess you've missed that little sign behind the cash register in nearly every eatery in America, the one that says "This Business Has the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone." And they do have that right. The SCOTUS said so long ago.

The can refuse service to anyone, but not for any reason.

Now why don't you think about how ludicrous and self-cancelling your post is. The whole point of the SCOTUS ruling was that a business is under no obligation to do business with anyone if they choose not to do business with someone. They don't need a stated reason. They can tell anyone to get the fuck off their premises anytime they want.

Unless it's for one of the reasons on the "protected classes" list (race, religion, sex, etc...). I agree that it's ludicrous. But that's the way it is.

It's clear-cut discrimination. Can no more exclude service to someone with facial tattoos than you could someone super obese, with some disfigurement, or other abnormal appearence. Guy should sue. And he'll very likely win. The officer should be sued as well since hs shoulda known better.

Bullshit. He wasn't born that way, he isn't physically handicapped, he chose to be stupid and tattoo his face. This is like choosing to put on bikini, and going into a high-end restaurant that has an attire policy.

Now of course in America 2015 I wouldn't be the least surprised he would sue and win a lawsuit, but based purely on the law I can't see how the guy would have a leg to stand on. We already know he doesn't have brain to think with.

1st Amendment freedom of expression assures the right of people to be stupid and tattoo their faces. :)
And it allows others to make judgements about said people.

The first amendment has nothing to do with businesses. It limits Congress, not the people.

... Snip...
I do. It would make me physically ill to have a tattooed person eating at the next table.

Maybe it would make him physically ill to have YOU eating at the next table

Good reason to not serve him. The guy made a stupid choice in life, not everyone needs to cater to his stupidity.

... Snip...

How dramatic.

Sure, to the point you're not allowed to discriminate based on those judgements.

Sure, to the point you're not allowed to discriminate based on those judgements.

A business sure can, it is not race, sex, religious.

You want stupidity to be a protected class?

This incident is no different than if a Jewish man wearing a yarmulka was asked to leave or remove it.

"1st Amendment guarantees my right to religious freedom, and freedom of expression. With all due respect Miss, go fuck yourself."

I do. Since compared to my IQ this would include the majority of the population. :)

A business sure can

are you sure about that

we have crossed a line some time back

in regards to individual freedoms

once the government can mandate that you buy a product

or face serious consequences for failing to do so

all bets are off

A business sure can

are you sure about that

all bets are off

1st Amendment freedom of expression is the beginning and end to this matter. Can wear dayglo neon shirt and pants, have pink dyed hair and facial piercings and not be asked to leave a restaurant just like you can have an unsightly facial tattoo or anything else.

A business sure can

are you sure about that

all bets are off

1st Amendment freedom of expression is the beginning and end to this matter. Can wear dayglo neon shirt and pants, have pink dyed hair and facial piercings and not be asked to leave a restaurant just like you can have an unsightly facial tattoo or anything else.

you are incorrect

many places have dress codes

A business sure can

are you sure about that

all bets are off

you are incorrect

Looks like this restaurant had a policy in place because of potential gang activity. It is the only restaurant in the chain that has the policy. No shoes, no shirt, no tats, no service.

A business sure can

are you sure about that

all bets are off

you are incorrect

Looks like this restaurant had a policy in place because of potential gang activity. It is the only restaurant in the chain that has the policy. No shoes, no shirt, no tats, no service.

many places have dress codes against gang activity

among them many public government schools

Forum List

Back