Hateful -Spiteful - Mean-Spirited People and Politics

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Media is full of discussion of it. Do you indentify or not?

I remember battling people I knew in their attacks against Bush, the most viscious attacks until the ones against Obama. Then there is the defend at all costs knee jerk defense, and worst...the outrageous and most despicible attacks lobbed against Bush or Obama that are set ups for attacking any sane person who defends against such lunacy

What has happened to American politics since Reagan days?

Why should a 10,000 word law be part of politics? Because it was created in a political process that was alleged to involve bribery and extortion? Democrats acknowledge that Obamacare is a faulty written law that is likely to cost ten times more than anticipated and will likely result in bankrupting some small businesses and cause full time workers to be cut to part time. Congress's Constitutional duty is oversight of the president's policies. Why does the radical left think it's unfair?

What did the troglodytes of yesteryear say about social security and later medicare?

And the costs of medical care rise regardless of Obamacare or Romneycare or Conservative-dont-give-two-shits-let-the-free-market-reign-supreme-care

Last edited:

I remember battling people I knew in their attacks against Bush, the most viscious attacks until the ones against Obama. Then there is the defend at all costs knee jerk defense, and worst...the outrageous and most despicible attacks lobbed against Bush or Obama that are set ups for attacking any sane person who defends against such lunacy

What did the troglodytes of yesteryear say about social security and later medicare?

And the costs of medical care rise regardless of Obamacare or Romneycare or Conservative-dont-give-two-shits-let-the-free-market-reign-supreme-care

Um.......

Newt, that is what happened. Newt started this crap on purpose. It was his "strategy".

It doesn't matter what the troglodytes said about the broken down system we call "social security". Get used to the idea that FDR ain't president, Barry Hussein Obama is.

imho your insult-o-meter is outta whack.....Bush is the champ.

I have been politically active since Ford, I cannot remember a president, using the office and pulpit as Obama does to denigrate his opponents.

and hey, this isn't new, try googling political cartoons from the founders days....except now , it comes straight from the horses mouth and it hurts him in ways that , could be easily construed as purposefully non constructive.

The normal people moved to the Democratic Party and the right wing went "nutz" over a black being president.

I have been politically active since Ford, I cannot remember a president, using the office and pulpit as Obama does to denigrate his opponents.

and hey, this isn't new, try googling political cartoons from the founders days....except now , it comes straight from the horses mouth and it hurts him in ways that , could be easily construed as purposefully non constructive.

The civil cpnservative treatment of tbe President. "Liar!" And watermelons on white house lawn as humor widely shared.

And I used to posses books on colonial political cartions and pamphlets :eusa_shhh:

The normal people moved to the Democratic Party and the right wing went "nutz" over a black being president.

So you're not a Democrat? Could have sworn you were...

Yeah that's what happens when you offer better treatment, but if you allow yourself to be brainwashed by the Liberal Left like you have facts become irrelevant...

Yeah that's what happens when you offer better treatment, but if you allow yourself to be brainwashed by the Liberal Left like you have facts become irrelevant...
Actually, Dante walked out of the Democratic party over the leftists that pushed Senator Obama, but make no mistake about it...from day one Dante predicted Obama was more a DLC type than a radical leftist. :laugh2: love saying "I told you so" to progressive left friends a.d acquaintences.

Now eat your plate of crow and stfu. LOL.

The civil cpnservative treatment of tbe President. "Liar!" And watermelons on white house lawn as humor widely shared.

And I used to posses books on colonial political cartions and pamphlets :eusa_shhh:

Who has access to the White House lawn except Obama personnel? The left seems desperate for a racial issue to rescue the failed administration but it's the wrong way to go. Playing the victim never worked in any US or foreign regime, it only invites more bullying. The freaking Russians are writing anti-American op-eds in the NY Times. What does it take for the left wing sissies to realize that Hussein's policies only make him look like Jimmie Carter in drag?

Obama still hasn't received the level of attacks Bush has. And the left still isn't done attacking Bush. Obama has a whole lot of catching up to do.

That technicality aside -- society has become rude and crude and driven by instant gratification. Politics reflects what is happening all over the country.

Obama still hasn't received the level of attacks Bush has. And the left still isn't done attacking Bush. Obama has a whole lot of catching up to do.

That technicality aside -- society has become rude and crude and driven by instant gratification. Politics reflects what is happening all over the country.

:rofl: :rofl:

Mean is rewarded with money and notoriety. Even people who on alternate days claim to be against bullying dabble or downright wallow in being nasty. Think Lisa Lampanelli, Kathy Griffin, Dan Savage, etc. Think Dante. ;)

To the current culture which glorifies finding creative ways to be mean add the 24-hour news cycle which demands to be fed .... plus cameras everywhere .... and there's no room for thoughtful discussion and cooperation. Between politicians' egos and their need to keep up appearances for their political base, they're practically obligated to take swipes at the other side, relodging the wedge between their opposition whenever that wedge looks like it might be in danger of loosening.

Mean is rewarded with money and notoriety. Even people who on alternate days claim to be against bullying dabble or downright wallow in being nasty. Think Lisa Lampanelli, Kathy Griffin, Dan Savage, etc. Think Dante. ;)

To the current culture which glorifies finding creative ways to be mean add the 24-hour news cycle which demands to be fed .... plus cameras everywhere .... and there's no room for thoughtful discussion and cooperation. Between politicians' egos and their need to keep up appearances for their political base, they're practically obligated to take swipes at the other side, relodging the wedge between their opposition whenever that wedge looks like it might be in danger of loosening.

Lisa is mean? :laugh2: good gawd, you just don't get it, do you?

I get it. In our society being an asshole is incentivized. It is glorified. It is held up as something to aspire to.

American politics is one segment of the whole pot of ugliness which American culture stirs up.

It's a sign of the times.

There is no inducement for civility or statesmanship.

Do you not recognize the difference between comedians and political pundits?

Forum List

Back