Hate crimes against Asians

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

First hate crime charge against a black I've heard of. Nice to see the joke of a law isn't 100% a one way street.
She faces up to a year in jail because of the hate crime addition. My question is why does it take that designation for an appropriate sentence to be imposed?
A month earlier she tried to run over the lady's son and husband. Then she returned and broke her nose.
How does all that not deserve several possible years in jail WITHOUT a feel good designation being added to the actual crimes?

First hate crime charge against a black I've heard of. Nice to see the joke of a law isn't 100% a one way street.
She faces up to a year in jail because of the hate crime addition. My question is why does it take that designation for an appropriate sentence to be imposed?
A month earlier she tried to run over the lady's son and husband. Then she returned and broke her nose.
How does all that not deserve several possible years in jail WITHOUT a feel good designation being added to the actual crimes?

I'm curious exactly what the sentencing guidelines are for the assault without and with the hate crime enhancement. I'm not quite curious enough to go search for it before I go to work, though. :lol:

I'm curious exactly what the sentencing guidelines are for the assault without and with the hate crime enhancement. I'm not quite curious enough to go search for it before I go to work, though. :lol:

A hate crime charge means you get whatever the maximum sentence is for the crime you committed.

The "Asian Hate" thing seems to have faded away over the last couple weeks. Apparently the left has figured out that black people are the main perpetrators, so they don't want to hear about it anymore.
Are they still reporting it on rightist rags?

That lovely looking young lady "faces up to a year in jail."

But we all know she will get probation at most.

She looks like a very intelligent and thoughtful person. I am sure that she will straighten up and fly right. In fact, for all we know, she may be studying for her PhD in black studies, which I hear consists of a very rigorous course of study.

That's a white guy. Ask anyone.

A hate crime charge means you get whatever the maximum sentence is for the crime you committed.

That's certainly not how I've seen it described. For example: Hate Crime Laws in Texas | The Law Office of Matthew Sharp

It doesn't seem to involve mandatory sentencing, but rather enhanced charges/sentencing.

That's certainly not how I've seen it described. For example: Hate Crime Laws in Texas | The Law Office of Matthew Sharp

It doesn't seem to involve mandatory sentencing, but rather enhanced charges/sentencing.

Youre right.

Forum List

Back