Has This Ever Happened To You Before?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm not sure if there are any Texas Roadhouse fans here, but I had to wait an hour tonight before I finally got my steak because I told them that I wanted a hot pink center, but two freaking times it was overcooked and it took me a thirty minute wait for both times. I finally had to speak to the manager to ask if I still had to pay the full price and thank goodness she took it off my bill otherwise I would have been pissed. It was freaking ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Because I like my meat well done, I have never had such a problem happen to me, however, I do remember one time treating my mom to a place of her choice for her birthday and not only was she brought the wrong food at first, but by the time that the right meal was given to her, we had to get it to go because we had somewhere else to be by then. I was NOT a happy Holly.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. IHOP is where that all took place. I can't remember if a tip was left, it was around fifteen years ago.

I'm not sure if there are any Texas Roadhouse fans here, but I had to wait an hour tonight before I finally got my steak because I told them that I wanted a hot pink center, but two freaking times it was overcooked and it took me a thirty minute wait for both times. I finally had to speak to the manager to ask if I still had to pay the full price and thank goodness she took it off my bill otherwise I would have been pissed. It was freaking ridiculous! :rolleyes:
Does the cook understand the language?

Did you enjoy the flavor of spit and urine on your steak?

I once printed out a list of how to cook steaks from rare to well done put on the wall next to the kitchen of a mid priced restaurant '' Chalk it up to hard to find good help these days" One of the best meals I have ever had was at a Waffle House. The T Bone Steak was perfect. He was a student at a local culinary school. I left the waitress and him a fine tip. And I let him know he did a fine job.

I have worked in restaurants since 1990, and I have never heard meat ordered, "hot pink center." Sounds like "medium rare," might be what you want - why can't you use the common descriptors for your choice? It was probably a really good possibility that the server did not understand what you wanted and the cook probably did not speak the same language and it all got really confused.

Are you a liberal???

You are probably not going to find many people who have had the same experience as you are trying to gather, because of your unique cooking descriptor.

Why can't you figure that out for yourself?

Last edited:
Terrible when you get a poorly cooked steak. I've seldom eaten at TRH or Bubba's 33 but I prefer Bubba's when it comes to a choice between the two.

Nope. Then again, I have no clue what a hot pink center is. All my steaks..which I rarely ever eat...are VERY well done. No likey bloody food.

sure the chef didnt spit on it?....they love people like you.....

Rare, medium rare, and medium all have a "hot pink center" if done right. Sounds like the OP want rare and and got medium.

Anyway, I cannot eat steak any more but when I did I always ordered medium rare, which usually ended up being medium which is close enough for me.

Management at Texas Roadhouse has been really free with comping meals that don't meet expectations, in my experience.

It's the only chain restaurant I'll go into anymore.

I have worked in restaurants since 1990, and I have never heard meat ordered, "hot pink center." Sounds like "medium rare," might be what you want - why can't you use the common descriptors for your choice? It was probably a really good possibility that the server did not understand what you wanted and the cook probably did not speak the same language and it all got really confused.

Are you a liberal???

You are probably not going to find many people who have had the same experience as you are trying to gather, because of your unique cooking descriptor.

Why can't you figure that out for yourself?

I'm not a liberal and actually I was very specific on what I wanted done and the waitress even questioned me if it was medium rare for clarification and I told her yes. I didn't blame her though, and I gave her a ten dollar tip for being so nice, hardworking, and helpful to me.

sure the chef didnt spit on it?....they love people like you.....

Hey, I can't help it. It's not my fault they couldn't get my order correctly and I was really polite about it as well even though I was secretly irritated.

Rare, medium rare, and medium all have a "hot pink center" if done right. Sounds like the OP want rare and and got medium.

Anyway, I cannot eat steak any more but when I did I always ordered medium rare, which usually ended up being medium which is close enough for me.

Exactly. Look up.

Not a fan of TRH
Their steaks are pretty pedestrian.
You simply cannot get a great steak for $15. A 20 oz. strip for $18??... that is going to be low grade beef all the way.
You can't buy raw strip for that price at a decent butcher.
A quality 20 oz steak is going to cost you at least $30.

Forum List

Back