Has The Constitution Failed?

If you wait till 9, yer dead by 3.

How can I wait tell nine (9) when I'm dead at three (3)-?
In my neighborhood, we call that circle-jerk mentality. If everybody played that game no female would ever get pregnant cause the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing
or so I've read,
being a grandfather several times over :)-

Last edited:
What branch of government enforces the laws of the United States?

The constitution didnt fail.
The people did.
The problem we are facing is that while we were slumbering, Marxist-Leninist trash crawled into the educational system, the media and the entertainment industry. Our founding document, which created the best government in existence, remains very much intact, it is just being betrayed by the Marxist-Leninist puppets.

Based on the lack of participation in this forum I'd say the country has failed the constitution.
None the less, here's an interesting take.

Given the massive welfare-warfare state system under which Americans live, the natural assumption is that the Constitution failed in its mission to constrain the powers of the federal government.

Actually, though, that isn’t the case.
It's US that has failed the constitution .We allow slavery in the form of illegal immigration, we create isolated communities to exploit them and we do so because we think we are fighting inequity. Instead we are creating inequity , all those homeless people begging for food, that's on every mother lovin' one you that supports open borders.

Based on the lack of participation in this forum I'd say the country has failed the constitution.

Given the massive welfare-warfare state system under which Americans live, the natural assumption is that the Constitution failed in its mission to constrain the powers of the federal government.

That seems like an odd theory to start off with, given that you are implying that the law has the duty to constrain the public.... isn't it the public's duty to be constrained by the law?

Let me put it another way:

We have laws against murder. Yet we have people who commit murder routinely.

Did the law fail? Do we need to toss out the law, and replace it with a new law? It's not stopping murder by having it illegal, so the law must have failed?

Or maybe we the public have failed to fully enforce the law?

Maybe the public has failed to enforce the constitution on the government?

This is my complaint against all the people who say we need a constitutional convention, and a new guiding document.

The problem with the constitution, is not that it doesn't work. The problem with the constitution is that we are simply not following it.

And if the problem is that we are refusing to follow the constitution..... then what difference does it make if we replace it?

If we replace the constitution, how is having a different constitution going to make anything better? Won't we not follow that either?

This is a bit like the gun control debate. The last mass shooter we had, the guy shooting had violated over 11 different gun control laws. When he didn't follow the first law, why did you think having another law was going to make a difference?

We added a dozen laws, and what a shock, he didn't follow any of those laws either.

So let's create a new constitution, and then we won't follow it anymore than we're following the current one.

No, the solution is to get back to following the current constitution. The basic principals the founding fathers built into the constitution, created a nation that became the economic, and military leader of the entire world, among nations that had existed for thousands of years longer.

It works, we just need to get back to following it.

The constitution has not failed, republicans have found ways to go around it.
Constitution was ratified only when states were assured that liberal federal govt would not grow and grow and take their power away. The Constitution was a failure in the sense that it was not clear enough about making Democrats illegal. Democrats were the faction our Founders feared most.

We could say it succeeded in getting the Republic started. No one could have foreseen the future that has unrolled for America. Politicians and voters were not up to the task and the Constitution couldn't save them.

if the constitution provides for the possibility that ANY American citizen can become president then the constitution has done its job.

if by "any" we include left wing commies and right wing fascists.

And we all know that the first thing authoritarians do is change the system in their favor

So the constitution was designed to allow for its own destruction.

The Democrats have NO respect for the Constitution, but I agree with your statement as well. It's NOT a problem. You should be happy. Trump banned bump stocks with an Executive Order. The next Democrat president will outlaw high capacity magazines with the same trick and the Dems haven't even thanked that traitor for circumventing the Constitution.

So the constitution was designed to allow for its own destruction.
I'd never thought of it in that light. It is something to ponder- my only 'initial' argument (if there would be one) is human ego would prevent that "design"- I doubt they would intentionally want their new experiment to fail, but, as is said, hind sight is 20-20.

IMS, they did believe that our form of governance would work only if virtuous men were elected- but too, there is evidence that it was being defiled before the ink was barely dry- so much for virtuous- it was a compromise vs the articles of confederation which was prior to the constitution which is why there were federalist and anti federalist- the federalist won out with consenting to The Bill of Rights- we see today that virtuous men aren't in charge and pay no mind to the BoR- but, they will argue all day long they are both virtuous and adhering to- "just a goddamn piece of paper"- inert though paper is is said to be living-

The constitution didnt fail.
The people did.

Just like with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. We have that law that it shall not be infringed but Democrats infringe upon that right every day and nobody does jackshit about it.
Constitutional did fail because our Founders were not sure about self-government themselves. This is why they were not as clear about their desire for a limited central govt as they were clear about guns, for example. This is why they said next to nothing about abusive state government. In a sense they wanted limited central govt only to leave the states free to impose abusive and unlimited government on the state level.

No idea what you are talking about??? Republicans are for freedom like our Founders were while Dems are now openly libcommie and opposed to the very principle of our Constitution. Do you understand?

Many people are not familiar with it.

And all the left cares about is "settled" case law. Meaning if they can get the SCOTUS (such as FDR's band of turds in black) to rule against it....well then it must be O.K.

Passage of the 17th was a big hit when it comes to the federal government.

States interests were no longer represented in congress.

POLITICIANS found a way to go around it.

You mean Democratic politicians since they are opposed to the basic principle of the Constitution.
I am also referring to majority Republican Congresses during Carter's and Reagan's Administrations that
voted themselves immune from bribery and insider trading laws, also Citizens' United.

Make no mistake, both parties are to blame. In one bi-partisan instance they even overrode Carter's veto.

The Patriot Act is another example. It stomps all over the 4th amendment.

the lib public education system has failed

Only in places run by liberals. Everywhere else is fine!

Forum List

Back