Has Biden explained it will cost From $5.6 Trillion to $71 Trillion to "guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

Expanding wind and solar by 10% annually until 2030 would require a chunk of land equal to the state of South Dakota, according to Princeton University estimates and an analysis by Bloomberg News.
By 2050, when Biden wants the entire economy to be carbon free, the U.S. would need up to four additional South Dakotas to develop enough clean power to run all the electric vehicles, factories and more.
In other words South Dakota has 43,200,000 Farm Operations - Acres.
Or a total of 216,000,000 acres and if rented out at $12,000/acre... total of $2,592,000,000,000 rental payments per year for
wind farms. Now at 80 acres/WT that would be 2,700,000 WTs. or at 2,500,000 kWh/WT/year..

How many homes can an average wind turbine power? | U.S. Geological Survey
One wind turbine can require up to 80 acres of land, and each turbine will generate around 2.5 MW.
So at 2,500,000 kWh/year per WT means: 2,700,000 WTs would 6,750,000,000,000 kWh.
Still short of the total EVs usage of over 10,151,170,439,575 kWh.

You wrote... farmers rent 5 acre parcels to wind turbine companies at $12,000 per acre annually.

One wind turbine can require up to 80 acres of land, and each turbine will generate around 2.5 MW.
Because wind turbines are spaced so far apart, surface activities like farming can still take place on much of the land
So the annual cost to "rent" the 80 acres per wind turbine is $12,000/year according to you!
These are the costs including the rent for the land.
Now note: I've included the links where I got the figures. JUST to repeat... follow the links to the sources.
For example I've used the low end estimate for energy storage cost of $10/kWh when wind turbines are not generating electricity the energy maybe stored for up to 72 hours.
So just to convert all American cars/trucks to EV will cost annually for 20 years every single American household
$6,801/month for 20 years added to our electric bills. Now much of this cost will be towards businesses that provide Americans goods/services... so where WILL these businesses get the money to pay their electric bills?
Additional costs of doing business is added to the consumer's cost of goods and services.

View attachment 727760

1 wind turbine requires 5 acres of land. 5 ACRES NOT 80.

YOUR NUMBERS HAVE NO VALIDITY IN FACT OR PRACTICE.

At a cost of as much as $71 Trillion to Americans to replace "fossil fuels"...
Biden has guaranteed..."I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

And he's making good on his guarantee by...
"Just Days After Demanding More Drilling “no more drilling...there is no more drilling...I haven’t formed any new drilling.”
So getting rid of fossils fuels will mean all the tires and asphalt that cars/trucks drive on will be extremely more expensive as between the two nearly 1.6 Billion barrels of oil is used per year to make tires and asphalt.
2 billion tires a year are made from 300 million barrels of oil and 1.312 billion barrels a year in oil is used in making asphalt among the 6,000 products that use oil in their making.
https://www.ranken-energy.com/.../products-made-from.../ What will replace oil?
So not only will getting rid of "fossil fuels" mean higher prices for the above...BUT easily anywhere from $5.6 Trillion to $71 Trillion to SUPPLY the electricity to meet EVs usage.
FACTS and please tear apart these numbers as they are provided by EXPERTS via the links.
View attachment 727218

They never want you to know that part. And, these people never spend a dime on anything. It is always an "investment" in the future. From their perspective, if they ever actually admit to the amount of money, they clarify it not how much is being spent but by how much money will be saved. If we spend 71 trillion dollars on these things the long term savings will be more than 71 trillion dollars. They also have some very lovely oceanfront property in Iowa they would like to sell you. It's an "investment" in the future when Iowa will have oceanfront property but you've got to get in on it now.

They never want you to know that part. And, these people never spend a dime on anything. It is always an "investment" in the future. From their perspective, if they ever actually admit to the amount of money, they clarify it not how much is being spent but by how much money will be saved. If we spend 71 trillion dollars on these things the long term savings will be more than 71 trillion dollars. They also have some very lovely oceanfront property in Iowa they would like to sell you. It's an "investment" in the future when Iowa will have oceanfront property but you've got to get in on it now.
Having been born in Iowa I appreciate your suggestion about "oceanfront" property THAT the climatistas say will be possible due to global warming. Lake Michigan will expand covering Chicago,(right now not a bad idea!!!) bringing your offer to fruition!
I agree with your observation regarding the "investment" aspect.
I'm doing some analysis of Calif. EVs sales and impact on their electricity usage. Suffice to say the following is just the beginning and is not due to EVs!

In August 2020, hundreds of thousands of Californians briefly lost power in rolling blackouts amid a heat wave, marking the first time outages were ordered in the state due to insufficient energy supplies in nearly 20 years.

The state has been working to avoid a similar scenario as California is in the midst of an unprecedented heat wave that officials said is on track to be the state's hottest and longest for September.

For more than a week, the California Independent System Operator (ISO) -- which oversees the electrical grid serving 80% of the state -- has been calling on residents to conserve their energy use in the later afternoon and evening amid extreme temperatures that have sent electric demand on the grid to record levels.

Well given that it's now costing $150 billion per year to do nothing, and more every year, it's actually going to be cheaper, and create jobs during the changover.

This money that will be spent isn't disappearing into thin air here. It's creating jobs and investment in better and cheaper forms of energy. The Kentucky coal miners can be retrained to install solar panels, or building windmills. Healthier for them and the environment.

When Ontario closed the last of the coal fired generating plants in 1992, the Province got an immediate financial boost in the form of reduced emergency room admissions for asthma and heart problems during heat waves and other smog inducing weather.

The reduced acid rain saved the maple sugar bushes which were sustaining severe acid rain damage, as well as maintenance on stone and brick buildings also being badly damaged by acid rain. The savings ran into the hundreds of millions of dollars in infrastructure, and the entire maple sugar industry was saved from destruction.

The Liberal government in Ontario was pilloried 15 years ago when they started the conversion to wind power along the shores of the Great Lakes. It was called a huge waste of taxpayer money, and admittedly some of the policies were fiscal lunacy. However, Ontario now has some of the cheapest and cleanest electrical power in North America. Farm incomes have stabiliized as farmers rent 5 acre parcels to wind turbine companies at $12,000 per acre annually.

But by all means, continue to lie about where the money is going and how it will impact your economy.

Well given that it's now costing $150 billion per year to do nothing

How's that?

The Kentucky coal miners can be retrained to install solar panels, or building windmills.

Low productivity jobs are the answer?

The reduced acid rain saved the maple sugar bushes which were sustaining severe acid rain damage,

Canada didn't have sulfur scrubbers?

The Liberal government in Ontario was pilloried 15 years ago when they started the conversion to wind power along the shores of the Great Lakes.

How much power from wind? How much from nuclear?

Well given that it's now costing $150 billion per year to do nothing

How's that?

The Kentucky coal miners can be retrained to install solar panels, or building windmills.

Low productivity jobs are the answer?

The reduced acid rain saved the maple sugar bushes which were sustaining severe acid rain damage,

Canada didn't have sulfur scrubbers?

The Liberal government in Ontario was pilloried 15 years ago when they started the conversion to wind power along the shores of the Great Lakes.

How much power from wind? How much from nuclear

Nuclear is 59%

Nuclear22.8 TWh58.9%
Hydro9.6 TWh24.9%
Wind3.8 TWh9.8%
Gas2.3 TWh6.0%
Biofuel< 1 TWh0.3%
Solar< 1 TWh0.3%

It will cost eleventy quadrillion to forty bazillion dollars to cure Trumptards of mental illness.

But we certainly are a long way from replacing fossil fuels. There just aren't any other technologies which are ready for primetime. So setting deadlines for when we will be carbon free is an exercise in futility.

However, if the planet is going to melt down in ten years, we need to start incentivizing the private sector to come up with a solution.

We need to invest in nuclear and solar and hydrogen. And a bunch of sea walls.

"Just Days After Demanding More Drilling “no more drilling...there is no more drilling...I haven’t formed any new drilling.”
So getting rid of fossils fuels will mean all the tires and asphalt that cars/trucks drive on will be extremely more expensive as between the two nearly 1.6 Billion barrels of oil is used per year to make tires and asphalt.
2 billion tires a year are made from 300 million barrels of oil and 1.312 billion barrels a year in oil is used in making asphalt among the 6,000 products that use oil in their making.
So not only will getting rid of "fossil fuels" mean higher prices for the above...BUT easily anywhere from $5.6 Trillion to $71 Trillion to SUPPLY the electricity to meet EVs usage.
FACTS and please tear apart these numbers as they are provided by EXPERTS via the links.
View attachment 727218

I wouldn't doubt that at all. But whatever money we spend on it now will save US all in the future when we're forced to switch. Fossil fuels will be all but exhausted within 50 years or less and the cost will be prohibitive to use once it becomes a diminishing resource.

View attachment 727218

We need to start thinking outside the box. Every city has large industrial complexes with square miles of flat roofs. We need to work with industry and put solar panels on top of all those roofs. That could probably furnish all the power a city needs with that type of cooperation and actually reduce energy costs.

We need to start thinking outside the box. Every city has large industrial complexes with square miles of flat roofs. We need to work with industry and put solar panels on top of all those roofs. That could probably furnish all the power a city needs with that type of cooperation and actually reduce energy costs.
That's a possibility as I'm sure you like me have seen more office building parking lots with solar panels.
So the first priority though with the business building is to cut their own electricity costs so that need maybe reduced by solar BUT the utility companies will continue to raise their rates especially to businesses. And the major excuse the utilities will use is EVs. I've put together the attached based on utilities using solar panels.
Bottom line considering all the costs associated with installing solar panels to generate the additional 10,151,170,439,575 kWh that EVs will use. This cost will ultimately be passed on by utilities either directly or indirectly by businesses and dividing the total cost of $5,826,491,351,353 or $4,499.46 per household per year!
Now realistically I don't think 100% of cars/trucks be EVs but even at 50%... the utilities will have to generate more than 5 Trillion kWh equal to the currently non EV influenced kWh generate today of 4,165,030,000,000 kWh per year for USA. Again where will the $$s come from to build power plants, be they Nuclear which by the way are most expensive at $7 Billion a year to Wind Turbines, to solar panels.
Plus with Biden guaranteeing to "rid fossil fuels"... does he have an answer to just these 2 uses of oil that between them consume over 1.5 billion barrels of oil/year...to make 2 billion tires or provide asphalt for roads.
Just two major of 6,000 other than gas, products that depend on fossil fuels.

EVpowerfromsolar111922.png

View attachment 727218

Last week we needed 17000 new plants. This week it’s only 10000. What changed in a week?

Some of the op’s greatest hits.

Today we need—according to the OP—10,151 new plants to support EVs. Here are the “facts” from the previous 60 days.

4B220C19-F778-45C1-B6AE-A730500B4433.jpeg

The numbers this guy posts are pure shit

Last week we needed 17000 new plants. This week it’s only 10000. What changed in a week?
Of course you didn't pay any attention. That's why dummies like you are you are so ill-informed!
These aren't power plants but DUH... SOLAR PANELS! Duh... It is assuming which obviously you are so inept at following spreadsheets (you evidently don't use them...) describe how to provide all the electricity that the supposedly EVs will need, i.e. 10.151 Trillion kWh per year using 26,719,299,066 solar panels taking up 14,376 square miles (each panel 3x5 feet) and each solar panel cost $200/panel so again... dummy it isn't power plants you idiot! It is all solar panels to meet dumb shits like you who are climatistas thinking you are "saving the planet" while at the same time pushing Americans into poverty. I'm 100% confident that someone as dumb as you that you never read the spread sheet, get government aid, welfare, etc. and don't have to work for your existence. But the sad point is YOU will be one of the first types of people to have problems living.

Last edited:
Some of the op’s greatest hits.

Today we need—according to the OP—10,151 new plants to support EVs. Here are the “facts” from the previous 60 days.

View attachment 728268
The numbers this guy posts are pure shit
You truly are the perfect example of this quote:
Lord John Whorfin: "Laugh while you can, monkey-boy."
Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension1984

Here is the answer to your ignorance! Do you agree... you are so behind the process.
I was describing using duh... SOLAR PANELS! To satisfy your ignorance of what reality is in cost!
These aren't power plants but DUH... SOLAR PANELS! Duh... It is assuming which obviously you are so inept at following spreadsheets (you evidently don't use them...) describe how to provide all the electricity that the supposedly EVs will need, i.e. 10.151 Trillion kWh per year using 26,719,299,066 solar panels taking up 14,376 square miles (each panel 3x5 feet) and each solar panel cost $200/panel so again... dummy it isn't power plants you idiot! It is all solar panels to meet dumb shits like you who are climatistas thinking you are "saving the planet" while at the same time pushing Americans into poverty. I'm 100% confident that someone as dumb as you that you never read the spread sheet, get government aid, welfare, etc. and don't have to work for your existence. But the sad point is YOU will be one of the first types of people to have problems living.

You truly are the perfect example of this quote:
Lord John Whorfin: "Laugh while you can, monkey-boy."
Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension1984

Here is the answer to your ignorance! Do you agree... you are so behind the process.
I was describing using duh... SOLAR PANELS! To satisfy your ignorance of what reality is in cost!
I guess when it’s been demonstrated that your numbers are crap—all that is left for you to do is attempt personal insults. You poor soul.

I guess when it’s been demonstrated that your numbers are crap—all that is left for you to do is attempt personal insults. You poor soul.
Only thing you demonstrated is that you are too stupid to know the difference between a power plant and a solar panel.

I wouldn't doubt that at all. But whatever money we spend on it now will save US all in the future when we're forced to switch.
unbelievable how absurd this is..

you have no concept of how much money even one trillion is, much less tens of trillions

We cannot afford it

Money does not grow on trees

I don't expect libs to understand that.. (not the elite ones --and yet the everyday ones are always listening to the elite ones :rolleyes:)

Forum List

Back