Harry and Meghan paying price for trying to change valued tradition

The British monarchy is the world's oldest, and most expensive soap opera, and this is just another episode of a diamond-studded As the World

No it isn’t.

The Monarchy to many British people is a sacred institution, much as your Constitution is to you. The Queen swore an oath at her Coronation to uphold this establishment to the best of her ability, and the end of her days.

There’s a high price to pay for this wealth and privliege. Boring functions to attend, cutting ribbons, visiting old folks homes, endless hand shaking. Smiling when you don’t want to. The list is endless.

I just can't hold sacred anyone who has status merely on the basis of an accident of birth, whether it's some member of a monarchy or somebody who claims that they are entitled to a higher status or power because of their reproductive plumbing or their skin color or ethnic background. Elizabeth became queen by accident. If her uncle had married an "acceptable woman," and they had a baby together, Elizabeth would not ever have been near to the throne.

I don't dislike the person Elizabeth. I think that she has admirably risen to the circumstances of her birth put her into. She has been a real trooper. Just in this circumstance she is the gramma of a split family. Her sons Charles and Andrew have been a handful for decades. Now one of her grandsons has struck out on his own path, while her son Andrew is involved in a sex scandal involving teenagers and now there is a scandal involving racism while her elderly husband is in the hospital. I don't envy her.

Young refugee couple forced to live in squalor in US after fleeing untenable living arrangements with UK-based in-laws.
1615318885422.png

They should have known better, especially Harry. Don't ever mess with tradition.

---The moment everyone in the world has been waiting for — except, perhaps, the press office at Buckingham Palace — has arrived: Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have spilled the royal tea to Oprah Winfrey in "Oprah with Meghan and Harry," a CBS special.---

It was one hell of an interview though I generally have no use for the Monarchy. I only paid any attention to Princess Diana due to her charity work, she was an asset to the world. For some reason I just had to watch this, a soap opera of sorts that I at least wanted to dissect myself.

Even though it was a shocking interview, it's difficult to resist viewing his wife as a simple opportunist who has profited handsomely from this marriage. Maybe there is truth that they felt cornered due to being cut off from "The Firm", I know the feeling myself when government abuses their power, but the other side of the story would be interesting to hear. Unfortunately for the Monarchies sake, haven't done themselves any favors over the years to debunk the potential of the entire interview being accurate. Just take Prince Andrew as a further example...

Netflix and Spotify could earn them $150M alone, plus who knows how much more they sign in the future? Before Harry she was just a random, unknown actress. So, it's tough to look away from the whole Tinsle Town factor

Hollywood meets Monarchy. Go figure...
Divorced in 2 years, Harry back in the royal fold.

They should have known better, especially Harry. Don't ever mess with tradition.

---The moment everyone in the world has been waiting for — except, perhaps, the press office at Buckingham Palace — has arrived: Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have spilled the royal tea to Oprah Winfrey in "Oprah with Meghan and Harry," a CBS special.---

It was one hell of an interview though I generally have no use for the Monarchy. I only paid any attention to Princess Diana due to her charity work, she was an asset to the world. For some reason I just had to watch this, a soap opera of sorts that I at least wanted to dissect myself.

Even though it was a shocking interview, it's difficult to resist viewing his wife as a simple opportunist who has profited handsomely from this marriage. Maybe there is truth that they felt cornered due to being cut off from "The Firm", I know the feeling myself when government abuses their power, but the other side of the story would be interesting to hear. Unfortunately for the Monarchies sake, haven't done themselves any favors over the years to debunk the potential of the entire interview being accurate. Just take Prince Andrew as a further example...

Netflix and Spotify could earn them $150M alone, plus who knows how much more they sign in the future? Before Harry she was just a random, unknown actress. So, it's tough to look away from the whole Tinsle Town factor

Wouldn’t surprise me.

I grew up in a violent country.

Cook County?

America

I grew up in America too ... it was pretty peaceful

View attachment 465772

Of course it did you are white.

We are sorry that crime is so high in black communities. When I was little, in the summer, my neighbor would host his cousins from the city, who were sent out to the suburbs for safety.

Very sad.

Are you able to pass? If you could, you should. Your life expectancy would sky rocket. Any children would suddenly have vastly been prospects.

I just can't hold sacred anyone who has status merely on the basis of an accident of birth

Don’t then.

It’s not your problem.

And I didn’t say the Queen was sacred. I said the institution of monarchy was. I thought I’d explained it to you.
Not really. What are you defending? Just in the last few days, I was viewing footage of the family of the last tsar of Russia and his family. For the execution of a loving couple and the five children they had together, I felt awful. That the loving husband and father was also an authoritarian ruler and his wife and children had to die for the crown he wore is appalling.

I just can't hold sacred anyone who has status merely on the basis of an accident of birth

Don’t then.

It’s not your problem.

And I didn’t say the Queen was sacred. I said the institution of monarchy was. I thought I’d explained it to you.
Not really. What are you defending? Just in the last few days, I was viewing footage of the family of the last tsar of Russia and his family. For the execution of a loving couple and the five children they had together, I felt awful. That the loving husband and father was also an authoritarian ruler and his wife and children had to die for the crown he wore is appalling.

What do you mean, “defending”?

Which implies that there’s an attack....somewhere.

Don’t then.

It’s not your problem.

Except, they didn't have to die. They had already lost power. The communists just killed them for being of the wrong class.

If you don't like that, you should not ally with communists. They are big on killing people after taking power.

Really? Meghan and Harry have created between them another baby coming soon. I'm just glad that this two people love each other and have started a family together as a result of their love for each other.

Really? Meghan and Harry have created between them another baby coming soon. I'm just glad that this two people love each other and have started a family together as a result of their love for each other.

You’re almost as woke as they are.

Cook County?

America

View attachment 465772

We are sorry that crime is so high in black communities. When I was little, in the summer, my neighbor would host his cousins from the city, who were sent out to the suburbs for safety.

It is set for the crime rate to be high in lower income BCs. What your white friend had cousins in the city.

Very sad.

Change it if that is the case.

Are you able to pass? If you could, you should. Your life expectancy would sky rocket. Any children would suddenly have vastly been prospects.

Pass for what?

Cook County?

America

View attachment 465772

It is set for the crime rate to be high in lower income BCs. What your white friend had cousins in the city.

Very sad.

Change it if that is the case.

Pass for what?

1 In context you should have been able to figure out that they were black. I never asked them about their home, because I did not want to make them feel bad about having to come out to the suburbs for their safety while their mother stayed behind.

2. You know. PASS.

What the hell does "woke" mean? It seems to be something out of right-wing speak. Is this something that someone with a traitor flag and a pickup truck says? Is this like
communist Chinese or "marxist" or something?

What the hell does "woke" mean? It seems to be something out of right-wing speak. Is this something that someone with a traitor flag and a pickup truck says? Is this like

Never mind.

Keep up.

Quentin Letts - The Times.

Quentin Letts described the interview as polically ruinous and semtex
'This was Semtex in swaddling bands. Cyanide en gelee. The biggest act of strategic self-harm since the scuttling of the German fleet at Scapa Flow.

'Although presented as schmaltz, this two-hour gloopathon was politically ruinous.

'Life is about telling stories, right?' said la Markle, all high-resolution lip gloss. 'Telling stories through a truthful lens.' Her eyes sparkled behind lashes long as ravens' wings.

'Stories were duly delivered, a steaming dump of indiscretions: whinges about money and titles and bodyguards and the rotten tabloid press (presumably quite different from tabloid television).

'That Kate Cambridge? A B*I*T*C*H! 'But I have forgiven her,' purred Meghan with her truthful lens.'

Never mind.

Keep up.

I am keeping up. What do white males in pickup trucks flying trump flags while blaspheming Jesus really have to say?

Are the phrases "communist Chinese" and "marxist" not familiar to you?

Forum List

Back