Happy 66th birthday Larry Bird

The Bird vs Magic was the greatest sporting event in Basketball in my personal opinion.

Bird paved the way for those like Ray Allen and Steph Curry and the three point shooter but Bird was the damn word in those days!

The Bird vs Magic was the greatest sporting event in Basketball in my personal opinion.

Bird paved the way for those like Ray Allen and Steph Curry and the three point shooter but Bird was the damn word in those days!
Bird or Magic, who was better? Personally I lean Magic, but it’s only a matter what style one likes over the other.

I believe Magic was a little better all-around player. He was a better rebounder and passer. Bird was definitely the better shooter.
Exactly correct. I think Bird would have been the better player if he played today, because there’s a premium on 3pt shooting in today’s game.

I believe Magic was a little better all-around player. He was a better rebounder and passer. Bird was definitely the better shooter.
Magic the better rebounder? No way. Bird was far more gritty than Magic and routinely averaged 8, 9, 10 boards per game.

Magic the better rebounder? No way. Bird was far more gritty than Magic and routinely averaged 8, 9, 10 boards per game.
Magic was the superior passer, bird was a better scorer. Neither of them were really bonafide defensive players.

The hick from French Lick...

I saw him, and the Celtics, many times at the fabulous Forum in Inglewood, home of the Lakers, back in the day... you know, when the NBA was good...

The hick from French Lick...

I saw him, and the Celtics, many times at the fabulous Forum in Inglewood, home of the Lakers, back in the day... you know, when the NBA was good...
The players are actually better in this era, but they’re not as likable. The players of today are all prima donnas.

Those Celtics teams of the 80s were the last time there were actual basketball teams.

Forum List

Back