Baseball Talk:

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell
I am so sick of politics I just want to discuss anything but POLITICS!

So Phillies fans what do you think about that contract to Trea Turner?

Damn!

I wanted my Cubbies to sign him but those years he got was ridiculous for a man that is thirty and playing Shortstop!

I mean don’t get me wrong the guy plays hard and good and is the type of guy you put on winning teams but those amount of years putting him into his forties ( early part ) is ridiculous for a speed guy!

So tell me you opinion?

Also what is your reaction about to Judge staying with the Spankees?

I wasn’t surprised there at all and the dollar and years are about right.

The contract will not age well but doing something only Ruth and Maris only did as Yankees meant the team had to keep him until he hangs those cleats up…

Finally, the biggest shocker was the dollar amount the Friars offered to Turner and Judge and both said no!

Is it California or playing for the Friars that caused both to sign for less?

Anyhoo, hope to read great opinions and yes I am a Flubs fan but at least I never rooted for the South Side Bums!

P.S.

I also rooted for the Expos but screw those Nationals!

What gets you "into" baseball?

I just don't get the attraction of a bunch of people playing with a ball.

I like playing baseball, but I just don't get the attraction of going nuts over a bunch of guys playing with sticks and balls.
🤔TNHarley please do not reply to this at all!

Well why I love playing with my stick and balls isn’t about sports, well it might be but it isn’t one people normally write about, so I will leave that one alone.

As for Baseball and the love for it, well back in the day dads used to take their daughters and wives to the games and get them in for free and the games back then were much more brutal than today.

Imagine Ty Cobb rounding third with metal cleats on that he sharpened to kill you with and would literally jump into the air and drop kick the catcher in the chest?

Pete Rose ending a catcher career!

Nolan Ryan beating the living crap out of a South Side bum player!

Baseball used to be rough and let me tell you I have been hit in the head by a line drive when I pitched to a play that was playing in Triple AAA and live to tell about it.

She's awesome!!!

1670463866008.png

I am so sick of politics I just want to discuss anything but POLITICS!

Damn!

I wanted my Cubbies to sign him but those years he got was ridiculous for a man that is thirty and playing Shortstop!

I mean don’t get me wrong the guy plays hard and good and is the type of guy you put on winning teams but those amount of years putting him into his forties ( early part ) is ridiculous for a speed guy!

So tell me you opinion?

Also what is your reaction about to Judge staying with the Spankees?

I wasn’t surprised there at all and the dollar and years are about right.

The contract will not age well but doing something only Ruth and Maris only did as Yankees meant the team had to keep him until he hangs those cleats up…

Finally, the biggest shocker was the dollar amount the Friars offered to Turner and Judge and both said no!

Is it California or playing for the Friars that caused both to sign for less?

Anyhoo, hope to read great opinions and yes I am a Flubs fan but at least I never rooted for the South Side Bums!

P.S.

I also rooted for the Expos but screw those Nationals!
Well, your Cubs have Bellinger now. Dodgers have 2 existing players to fill his old slot.

I wanted big dollar Judge to be on a West coast team so I could go watch him play. At SD, SF and LA when I can. Those 3 teams were really competitive rivals last season. San Diego likes Dodger fans to buy tickets at their ballpark during playoffs. Not.

Turner settled with the Phillies for less $ than SD's offer. Haven't heard any comments of his and why. The $40M difference tells me (maybe) it's not all about the dough. Good team.

As for the Nats, maybe they won't be as bad as last season. Good luck to them.

Well, your Cubs have Bellinger now. Dodgers have 2 existing players to fill his old slot.

I wanted big dollar Judge to be on a West coast team so I could go watch him play. At SD, SF and LA when I can. Those 3 teams were really competitive rivals last season. San Diego likes Dodger fans to buy tickets at their ballpark during playoffs. Not.

Turner settled with the Phillies for less $ than SD's offer. Haven't heard any comments of his and why. The $40M difference tells me (maybe) it's not all about the dough. Good team.

As for the Nats, maybe they won't be as bad as last season. Good luck to them.
I like the Cubs get a CF’er and play Bellinger at First Base.

Judge was never leaving the Spankees and had he that would have been the day when Yankee fans became Mets fans!

Astros lost Justin because the owner would guarantee a third year and did you read about how the Owner stopped the Wilson C. trade because Baker didn’t want to bring him in?

I think the Astros take a step back this coming season but the Cubs are still two years out for me.

I know this has been the complaint for ages, but money has ruined the game. While it is the best game in the world, it is only worth watching for the game itself, but to root for a team is futile.

Judge was never leaving the Spankees and had he that would have been the day when Yankee fans became Mets fans!

Astros lost Justin because the owner would guarantee a third year and did you read about how the Owner stopped the Wilson C. trade because Baker didn’t want to bring him in?

I think the Astros take a step back this coming season but the Cubs are still two years out for me.

The Astros will be fine without Verlander.

I hope you don't get mad at Bellinger when he screws up. Especially in a WC game. And you lose.

I know this has been the complaint for ages, but money has ruined the game. While it is the best game in the world, it is only worth watching for the game itself, but to root for a team is futile.
SaberMetrics ruined the game
Focusing on Home Runs and Strikeouts has ruined the game

Small ball, hit and run, the bunt, stolen bases are rarely emphasized.
There was something beautiful about watching Ricky Henderson on First Base

Last edited:

Small ball, hit and run, stolen bases are rarely emphasized.
I remember when the Cubs were chasing the title in 2016 and this one hitter did it twice but he helped walk in the game winning run that year.

Now that is nail biting fun!

Remember when batters would walk more than strikeout?

Hell Reggie Jackson was a rare type to be the king of strikeouts but today it is usual to see the lead off hitter strikeout over a hundred times and lack any speed!

It's just the way the game has evolved. Either way it's "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"
Once the guys are in place I never think about the money part of it. Too distracting.

Small ball, hit and run, stolen bases are rarely emphasized.
Big ball homer guys are an attraction. I, like you, enjoy movement between offense and defensive play.

Forum List

Back