Happiest Countries in 2021

“The evidence shows that people’s morale improves when the government acts,” says the report’s editors. The survey's findings don't bear this out. The five top countries have some of the least restrictive covid policies.
The right to die in ignorance I suppose will make anyone who is ignorant happy.
They are happy because they are ignorant!
You must be ecstatic.

Germany is Number 7 .... because WHO doesn't like a parade?

16023671_401.jpg

I join other members in congratulating those countries for their level of happiness.

It must be wonderful to live in a homogeneous and harmonious society.

But there is no point in comparing them with the United States of America.

We have our own "unique" history.

So if an American chooses to stay here, s/he must simply accept the reality that we are all stuck with one other and must do the best that we can to get along.

The 20 Happiest Countries In The World In 2021 (Guess Where The U.S. Ranked?)
Very Interesting. The five happiest countries on earth--Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland and the Netherlands are also five of the whitest countries on earth, while not necessarily the wealthiest. Hmmm, what parallels could be drawn here? Thoughts?
These countries are too small in an area and population. They just cant be compared with bigger ones.

The share of immigrant population in the Netherlands is among the highest in Europe, iirc. Rotterdam (the biggest city) has a Muslim mayor.

Very Interesting. The five happiest countries on earth--Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland and the Netherlands are also five of the whitest countries on earth, while not necessarily the wealthiest. Hmmm, what parallels could be drawn here? Thoughts?
These countries are too small in an area and population. They just cant be compared with bigger ones.

The share of immigrant population in the Netherlands is among the highest in Europe, iirc. Rotterdam (the biggest city) has a Muslim mayor.
Less than ten percent of the Netherlands is not Caucasian.

Well, depending on what 'other' means it may be that non-Caucasians constitute around 13%.

The main point is age. Immigrants are young people, as as rule. Almost half of young people in Rotterdam are of non-European descent.

Well, depending on what 'other' means it may be that non-Caucasians constitute around 13%.

The main point is age. Immigrants are young people, as as rule. Almost half of young people in Rotterdam are of non-European descent.
I don't recall Rotterdam as being on the list of "countries." Also don't see a breakdown by age.

I don't recall Rotterdam as being on the list of "countries." Also don't see a breakdown by age.
No one said that Rotterdam is a country. And demographic statistic can be easily find on the Internet.

But what is your point? Okay, I admit that the US are more ethnically and racially diverse than most of European countries. So, what is the point? What do you propose to do?

No one said that Rotterdam is a country. And demographic statistic can be easily find on the Internet.

But what is your point? Okay, I admit that the US are more ethnically and racially diverse than most of European countries. So, what is the point? What do you propose to do?
I just made an observation based on a UN survey. There are many ways this info can be interpretted. I asked for thoughts. You presented some that narrowed the study to one town in the world and then narrowed it more to only include young people. Those being irrelevant to the survey. If you read the OP, you also saw that the most unhappy countries were in Africa. Why is that?

I just made an observation based on a UN survey. There are many ways this info can be interpretted. I asked for thoughts. You presented some that narrowed the study to one town in the world and then narrowed it more to only include young people. Those being irrelevant to the survey. If you read the OP, you also saw that the most unhappy countries were in Africa. Why is that?
Total corruption and mismanagement, obviously.

hm.m

They also have high standard of living and universal healthcare.

But you know what? I think secret us this! They ALL have snowey winters. That makes for happy people.

“The evidence shows that people’s morale improves when the government acts,” says the report’s editors. The survey's findings don't bear this out. The five top countries have some of the least restrictive covid policies.
But restrictive gun control...

hm.m

But you know what? I think secret us this! They ALL have snowey winters. That makes for happy people.
I was happy growing up in northeast Ohio, but it wasn't because
of snowy winters....they are the reason I moved south.
There are always exceptions :D

hm.m

You might have something there--depending on the person. We moved from the SW to the extreme NW--I like cold, snowy winters and skiing. The kids not so much. I can understand though. If I had to work in these conditions (getting up and having to deal with shoveling to get to work) I probably wouldn't like it either--in retirement it is great though.

There are always exceptions :D
Although I'll admit, winter sports were awesome.
We would spend hours sledding, skating, skiing, tobogganing, having snowball fights,
and then when you turn 16 - of course donuts in the parking lots was big fun.
But eventually it got old for me. I like starting my garden in March
and having 7 or 8 month long summers....snow is fun once a year but I'll never move back up north.

Forum List

Back