Handguns vs. AR-15s

Oh I'm quite sure you completely convinced yourself of that. I guess no republican has ever put out an attack ad........ Never in the entire history of the party........ Republicans don't generalize, stereotype and diminish their opponents? :rofl:
Do you understand what emotions mean? Democrats are the only ones I know who use emotions to guide them. Republicans calculate what will happen A+B=C. Democrats I feel we must do something anything just to show we did something. Democrats push control of an item without addressing the issue.

Do you understand what emotions mean? Democrats are the only ones I know who use emotions to guide them. Republicans calculate what will happen A+B=C. Democrats I feel we must do something anything just to show we did something. Democrats push control of an item without addressing the issue.
If that's what helps you sleep at night.......... God I love partisan hacks, you all write my comedy for me. :thup:
Here's the basics, it works on all levels of our existence:
5HPLnVdHaNVb9WhaynVnHw9yS3nm4lG6qCpe6I7YDss.jpg

Now take this and apply it to politics.......... It's normal, built into our DNA but it can be overcome.

Last edited:
ummm hollow points?
What a stupid thread based on research by the ignorant.
Another fantastic failure from our resident authoritarian reagan conservative!
Hey jackass, after we ban ARs, are we going to compare knife wounds to hand guns?
You give those fuckers an inch, and they will take a mile. And your faggot ass just walks right into the rabbit hole.
Well, maybe you are too dense and rabid to be counted.on for anything resembling "an idea", but there are other options besides banning all AR rifles. I doubt we can get you to stop screeching and flinging your own poo long enough to participate. So stfu and step aside.

ummm hollow points?
What a stupid thread based on research by the ignorant.
Another fantastic failure from our resident authoritarian reagan conservative!
Hey jackass, after we ban ARs, are we going to compare knife wounds to hand guns?
You give those fuckers an inch, and they will take a mile. And your faggot ass just walks right into the rabbit hole.
Another idiotic lie from the right.

AR 15s aren't going to be banned.

This is a lie, both ignorant and wrong.

It's the speed of the bullet, not its size.
It's both numb nuts.

Fill two one gallon jugs with jello and let it set in a freezer over night.

Using the same weight bullets fired at the same velocity, one being a JHP and the other standard FMJ shoot one shot into each of the jugs.

The JHP does exponentially more damage than the FMJ.

A+B=C. Democrats I feel we must do something anything just to show we did something. Democrats push control of an item without addressing the issue.
Which is exactly why we should ever pass such a bill immediately following a tragedy like this shooting.

One cannot be consumed with emotion and at the same time think and act rationally and dispassionately.

There are voices saying maybe it is time to show the photos of the dead kids who are killed by mass shooters so the public can see just how horrific AR-15s are. Example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/01/uvalde-mass-shootings-graphic-images/

This was very effective when Emmett Till's mother insisted her son's funeral be an open casket and that his body be shown in the papers so everyone could see what the racist assholes who murdered him had done. The photo of Till's body shocked the public and sentiment began turning against the segregationist South.

I have mixed feelings about showing the bodies of these small children. At the very least, it would have to be done with the permission of the parents.

But I think it would be helpful for the public to understand just how horrific these so-called "weapons of war" really are.

Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a swat team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate. The victim does not have to be unlucky. If a victim takes a direct hit to the liver from an AR-15, the damage is far graver than that of a simple handgun-shot injury. Handgun injuries to the liver are generally survivable unless the bullet hits the main blood supply to the liver. An AR-15 bullet wound to the middle of the liver would cause so much bleeding that the patient would likely never make it to the trauma center to receive our care.

Are you trying to say that bullets should not actually kill anyone? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using a gun in the first place? Sorry. If I must use a gun to protect myself I want one to BLOW THE BASTARD IN HALF.

If that's what helps you sleep at night.......... God I love partisan hacks, you all write my comedy for me. :thup:
Here's the basics, it works on all levels of our existence:
5HPLnVdHaNVb9WhaynVnHw9yS3nm4lG6qCpe6I7YDss.jpg

Now take this and apply it to politics.......... It's normal, built into our DNA but it can be overcome.
You have it totally ass backwards. Republicans aren't pushing bans on firearms because they are emotional charged it's the democrats that are emotionally motivated. And when you use an emotion to try and fix a problem it always turns out wrong. But you can do that fence sitting high above the rest of us and call everybody partisan. Usually fence sitters get split in half or at least splinters in their ass.

You have it totally ass backwards. Republicans aren't pushing bans on firearms because they are emotional charged it's the democrats that are emotionally motivated. And when you use an emotion to try and fix a problem it always turns out wrong. But you can do that fence sitting high above the rest of us and call everybody partisan. Usually fence sitters get split in half or at least splinters in their ass.
Ah yes, I've triggered the self justification attack. That was expected. People are so predictable. That's okay, have a cookie and soon you'll feel right as rain because you don't believe any of this, it's all a fairy tale and you're really not human so human norms are beyond you.

Forum List

Back