Haley turns fire on Trump as GOP primary shifts to New Hampshire

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Nikki Haley is trying a risky new tactic in the Republican presidential race: She’s mounting an attack on Donald Trump.

One day after her third-place finish in Iowa, the former South Carolina governor’s campaign and a pro-Haley super PAC began promoting TV ads here depicting Trump as a bully and a liar. Her campaign released a memo calling the former president “more vulnerable than commonly believed.”

And Haley announced she would not participate in two scheduled debates media outlets scheduled ahead of the New Hampshire primary unless Trump joined her on stage — suggesting she plans to ignore Ron DeSantis and train her fire on the frontrunner.

I think this is too little and too late and, I hope this works. But, what took her so long? When a party frontrunner has so much baggage, you would think the rest of the contenders would pile it on, and yet... both DeSantis and Haley played a meek game and they wonder why they are losing.

Nikki Haley is trying a risky new tactic in the Republican presidential race: She’s mounting an attack on Donald Trump.

One day after her third-place finish in Iowa, the former South Carolina governor’s campaign and a pro-Haley super PAC began promoting TV ads here depicting Trump as a bully and a liar. Her campaign released a memo calling the former president “more vulnerable than commonly believed.”

And Haley announced she would not participate in two scheduled debates media outlets scheduled ahead of the New Hampshire primary unless Trump joined her on stage — suggesting she plans to ignore Ron DeSantis and train her fire on the frontrunner.

I think this is too little and too late and, I hope this works. But, what took her so long? When a party frontrunner has so much baggage, you would think the rest of the contenders would pile it on, and yet... both DeSantis and Haley played a meek game and they wonder why they are losing.
Trump is the nominees and has a very good chance of being POTUS ...AGAIN !

Sounds like a Hail Mary. I have read that if she loses in NH she may drop out already. When people with deep pockets decide the smart money is elsewhere it's impossible to continue.

All the candidates have decent qualities, but Trump has the right former traits of a Dem that he used to be, an old school Dem, he believes in civil liberty. It is why Rand Paul, Rubio and today, even Vivek, who made an appearance at Trumps rally today in NH, endorsed him.

I am not sure Nikki can overcome some of the early errors. People want their liberty, no candidate will erase that appeal to voters.

Just a matter of just "too late". Or "why did you bother?". Trump was the party's nominee before Haley and DeSantis ever threw their hats in ring. I believe both of them thought Trump would be gone by now, a victim of his own incompetence and corruption. I think they were looking for prosecutors to relieve them of their Trump problem before the election got within sniffing distance.

Both should have just held off till 2028. Haley can run again. DeSantis is done...period.

1705451288862.png

She should have done that from the beginning. Now it's too late.

I thought she could potentially get a position in Trump's cabinet, but she just shot herself in the foot.

Just a matter of just "too late". Or "why did you bother?". Trump was the party's nominee before Haley and DeSantis ever threw their hats in ring. I believe both of them thought Trump would be gone by now, a victim of his own incompetence and corruption. I think they were looking for prosecutors to relieve them of their Trump problem before the election got within sniffing distance.

Both should have just held off till 2028. Haley can run again. DeSantis is done...period.
To their credit...they gave the Republicans another option—an option for a candidate without much baggage. Unfortunately, the rank and file would rather stick with a 4-times-indicted scammer than look at any honest contenders.

To their discredit...they tried to play a safe game. I agree with you about hoping that Trump would be taken off the ballots legally or, at least, the rank and file would be disgusted with his many shenanigans. Alas, both didn't happen.

Last edited:
Sounds like a Hail Mary. I have read that if she loses in NH she may drop out already. When people with deep pockets decide the smart money is elsewhere it's impossible to continue.

All the candidates have decent qualities, but Trump has the right former traits of a Dem that he used to be, an old school Dem, he believes in civil liberty. It is why Rand Paul, Rubio and today, even Vivek, who made an appearance at Trumps rally today in NH, endorsed him.

I am not sure Nikki can overcome some of the early errors. People want their liberty, no candidate will erase that appeal to voters.
She might well have had a chance at his VP if she hadn't back-stabbed him immediately after the 2020 theft. Trump overlooks a lot, but NOT disloyalty. I think it will either be Noem or Vivek. Nikki will be lost in the wake of the Trump Juggernaut.

Exactly. It's ok for Trump to be mean, spiteful, and a whining baby but for women to go that route? That's just a nasty "spiteful pussy".
Awful isn't it? They don't make movies or showcase mean and spiteful men. But everyone knows Mean Girls.

Forum List

Back