Guns and ammo now tax free in West Virginia....needs to be true in all 50 states. Gun ownership is a Right, not a privilege

Nobody said you pay the tax up front. But comes April 15th, the tax on the money you paid the lawyer the previous year comes due.
for the lawyer,,,
For both of you.

Before you pay the lawyer $40,000, you paid income tax on the $40,000

And then once the lawyer gets the $40,000, he pays income tax on the $40,000.

But compare that to a church. The money you donate is tax deductible, and the money they receive is tax free.

Nothing like the 6th amendment

Ok, I'll play. Please correct me.

You hire a Lawyer, for your 2nd DUI, he charges you $5,000 to defend you.
You pay him $5,000.

Where is the TAX that you paid?
You don't get to deduct it from your income tax. Hence you pay income tax on that $5,000.

Had you donated $5,000 to the church, you can deduct it, and don't pay income tax on it.

See the difference?
but we arent talking about income tax,,

Nobody said you pay the tax up front. But comes April 15th, the tax on the money you paid the lawyer the previous year comes due.
for the lawyer,,,
For both of you.

Before you pay the lawyer $40,000, you paid income tax on the $40,000

And then once the lawyer gets the $40,000, he pays income tax on the $40,000.

But compare that to a church. The money you donate is tax deductible, and the money they receive is tax free.

Nothing like the 6th amendment
I'm with you,, we should be able to deduct it ,,

thats my point,, I didnt pay him a tax,,
You pay that tax to the government.
not when you pay the lawyer,, there is no tax applied,,
The lawyer is taxed.
ok,, thats on him not me,,

you may want to read the 6th again,, it doesnt say "shall not be infringed" just that you have a right to one,, and its criminal not civil also,,

total different context,,

income tax is for income,, not for services rendered,,
You need income (money) in order to pay for your 6th amendment guarantee of legal representation.
You can't deduct that money, so you end up paying the government income tax on that money.
Similarly the lawyer also pays income tax on that money.

If you and your lawyer could deduct it, and not pay taxes on it, that would be an example of a constitutional right, that's not subject to taxation.

But that's not the case, and is an example of a constitutional right that's subject to tax. (ever since the 16th amendment)

income tax is for income,, not for services rendered,,
You need income (money) in order to pay for your 6th amendment guarantee of legal representation.
You can't deduct that money, so you end up paying the government income tax on that money.
Similarly the lawyer also pays income tax on that money.

If you and your lawyer could deduct it, and not pay taxes on it, that would be an example of a constitutional right, that's not subject to taxation.

But that's not the case, and is an example of a constitutional right that's subject to tax. (ever since the 16th amendment)
thats not the context of the discussion,,

what we are talking about an additional direct tax for purchase,,

but I do like you idea of deducting lawyer fees for criminal defenses,,
after we get this one dealt with we should start on that one,,

you may want to read the 6th again,, it doesnt say "shall not be infringed" just that you have a right to one,, and its criminal not civil also,,

It's a constitutional guarantee to representation. And if you have to money to pay for a lawyer, you're taxed on that money, as is the lawyer.
If you don't have the money, a lawyer is provided free of charge. Which is the only time that right isn't taxed.

It's a constitutional guarantee to representation. And if you have to money to pay for a lawyer, you're taxed on that money, as is the lawyer.
If you don't have the money, a lawyer is provided free of charge. Which is the only time that right isn't taxed.
OK,, after we deal with this one lets come together and end that one too,,

youre also making a good case to end corp. taxs since they are actually a tax on the consumer,,

thats not the context of the discussion,,

what we are talking about an additional direct tax for purchase,,

And article I gives congress that power. And they are free to choose its application. Like they do on cars, and gasoline, and alcohol.

youre also making a good case to end corp. taxs since they are actually a tax on the consumer,,
Just the opposite. Since corporations are responsible for paying individual income tax.
individuals pay individual income taxs,, thats why they are called individual income taxs,,,

but as you point out,, corp taxs are transferred to the consumer so they should be eliminated,,

Since corporations are responsible for paying individual income tax.
individuals pay individual income taxs,, thats why they are called individual income taxs,,,
Read the tax laws. If you work for a corporation, then the corporation is responsible for paying your income taxes (periodic estimation payments). If you're self employed, then you would be responsible.

The same for FICA, Medicare, and other federal taxes assessed to workers.

Forum List

Back