Gun Show Loophole

"well regulated" and "militia" is meaningless.

Ummm, the framers put it into our Bill of Rights for a reason.
I'm more than mildly convinced they didn't write it the way they wrote it because they intended the qualifiers "well regulated" and "militia" to be meaningless concepts.

I generally lean toward the idea that the framer's weren't frivolous folks.

But you see, they are all different than a portable, high-capacity, easily concealed, rapid-fire, high lethality tool like a modern pistol or rifle.
You are choosing to ignore the fact that two pressure cooker bombs were easily concealed, killed quite a number of people--indiscriminately and injured hundreds of others. Register pressure cooker purchases and consumers. Your argument doesn't hold any kind of logical water.

Steven Paddock didn't go up to the 33rd floor of the Mandalay hotel with an assortment of pressure-cookers.
If only he would have.
Maybe 59 would not have been killed, and 527 injured?
Are you ready to extrapolate that out to razor knives? How many died in the twin towers when a plane was hijacked with a razor knife? Three thousand? Maybe we should register razor knives. SMH.

According to what I have read the shooter from yesterday had no known mental health history or criminal history identified yet. If this is indeed the case I really don’t know what could have been done to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun the most intense background check in the world won’t find what doesn’t exist.

According to what I have read the shooter from yesterday had no known mental health history or criminal history identified yet. If this is indeed the case I really don’t know what could have been done to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun the most intense background check in the world won’t find what doesn’t exist.
He was 18

a 21 yr old minimum age certainly would have

And if he was determined to carry this act out and was prevented from buying a gun leagally at 18 do you really think that would have stopped him from getting one illeagally and doing it I don't.
Do you think we should make it easy?

Do you think kids don't drink when they are underage?

Should we do away with drinking ages because some do?

Do you think we should make it easy?

Do you think kids don't drink when they are underage?

Should we do away with drinking ages because some do?
What I understand is that if a person is determined to commit mass murder no law, rule or legislation will stop them I really don't get why so many have a hard time understanding this. So many keep trying to apply rational and logical thinking to irrational and illogical people a good step in preventing these type of acts would be to stop doing that.

What I understand is that if a person is determined to commit mass murder no law, rule or legislation will stop them I really don't get why so many have a hard time understanding this. So many keep trying to apply rational and logical thinking to irrational and illogical people a good step in preventing these type of acts would be to stop doing that.
So you want to make it as easy as possible??

"Well regulated"....ring a bell?
Go ahead and try to regulate my self defense, and the protection of my family.

Go ahead, dimtard. I triple dare you, dumbass.

First I'll just ignore your idiotic libtard ass, and then if that doesn't work I'll save a little extra ammo for the gun grabbers

Go ahead, try it. lol :p

So you want to make it as easy as possible??
No I want to focus on things that could actually make a difference instead of just spouting off the usual bumpersticker slogans that do nothing. Instead of focusing on the gun how about focusing on what is driving more and more people to committ these mass shootings. People have been able to leagally purchase guns in this country for a very,very,very.very long time yet we didn't have mass shootings 40 ,50, ,60 ,70 years ago when guns were easier to purchase than they are now. So lets start by looking at what has changed in society over those decades that has taken us to the point we are now at and try and change those things granted that would take more work than just coming out with a more gun control now bumpersticker but lets give it a try.

"Well regulated"....ring a bell?
Fucking dumbass dimtards

You and Warren Burger, the FDR wanna-be.

=> THE SUPREME COURT HAS ALREADY SAID YOU ARE WRONG.

In a rare moment of sanity, the Heller decision recognized the inviolable INDIVIDUAL right to self defense

That is a NATURAL right, and no dumbass libtard is going to take it away.

EVER.

E-V-E-R

So STOP pressing on this button, dumbass leftards. It ain't gonna happen. Not now, not ever.

Heller was a political decision made by Scalia to placate the NRA and the gun crazies

Yes Virginia… the Court has been political for a long time

Go ahead, dimtard. I triple dare you, dumbass.
I'll just ignore your idiotic libtard ass
Fucking dumbass dimtards
no dumbass libtard
dumbass leftards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
That, or been doin' direct snorts of his RemOil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A poster above observes:
"So lets start by looking at what has changed in society over those decades that has taken us to the point we are now at......."

Well, I would point to the cult of grievance, fear, and resentment as exhibited by the poster 'scruffy' in the pulled quotes above.
It is that mindthink, that people are out to get him, danger lurks everywhere, that 'gun grabbers' await at his PigglyWiggly. And, in my opinion, there is a segment of the media that plays to that fear, that gins it up....that shrills that black people, brown people, Asian people, are gonna rob/rape/rub-out and replace the white race in America.

So we get a marketing phenomena encouraged by the NRA and underwritten by the manufacturers they shill for. It's the Whitey-get-a-gun hardware promotion. The most powerful, the blackest, most Special Ops lookin' one you can find, with the most bullets.

And hence we have a culture that allows the most unstable amongst us to readily acquire a portable, easily concealed, rapid fire, high lethality, killing tool. Those school kids at Columbine, Sandy Hook, Marjorie Stoneman, Uvalde.....are proving America's 2nd Amendment is a really cool and valuable thing for a society to hold on to.

----------------------------------------------
And RemOil is only about $9.00, aerosol can.

Forum List

Back